The Beatles or The Stones

baneko

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought that this question was like being asked to compare apples to oranges rather than apples to apples. Both were very celebrated and influential bands, but their general personalities and styles were very different. There are both Beatles' songs and Stones' songs I love.

There is a rumor that when the Beatles and the Stones met each other on a professional basis the first time, Mick J complimented the Beatles on their sound but questioned their lack of philosophical content. Story goes that the Beatles had enough respect for Mick and the boys that they began "expanding their minds" and shortly after created Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, an album which is arguably a masterpiece...and deeper than anything done before by them.

But I can relate to the Stones music a bit better than the Beatles, so if I had to answer the question, it's the Stones for me.

Stones for me, I've recently been listening to a lot of their old stuff, just don't feel the same way about the Beatles, even though I have most of their albums I just don't have any enthusiasm for listening to them after all these years.

The Stones . They opened the door to the blues and to soul for me at my formative years . The Animals were also a big favourite and they introduced me to Ray Charles . The Beatles took me nowhere.