Piles of garbage at Phuket housing project

CroBiker

Baan Prang Thong housing project, Khwang Road, Phuket.

I bought my first property at his project back in 1999. It used be very nice place, clean, maintened properly and with care. These days that is no longer the case but what a heck, I figured that is usual story all over the country in projects like these. Lately I noticed unusual high number of flies, rats invasion and during windy days unbearable garbage stench coming from somewhere. I asked garbage collector who by the way picks trash with his sidecar motorcycle where do they dispose this crap. He explained trash is loaded on big trucks on daily basis and dumped somewhere far away. In all these years I never seen trash truck here so decided to follow this guy and find out real story. Barely 2 hours ago, I've seen him dumping garbage inside the project within forested area that hardly anyone knows about. There is a beaten path leading to huge garbage dump. Place is totally infested by flies, rats, stray dogs...Asked few of my neighbors if they knew about this dump and none did. Surely there must be some law forbidding garbage dumping within residential area? Are they (project management) allow to do this? Check 2 attached files: one is actual dump and another gps coordinates of the said location.

post-68174-0-55864100-1391749045_thumb.j

post-68174-0-93033800-1391749089_thumb.p

Make an official complaint at you local municiple office (Tesibaan). There will be a environment control office in the building. We have complained about unauthorised dumping in Patong and I have to say the gov officer did come quite quickly and investigated. The dumping stopped and the Tesibaan cleared out the garbage.

• Like 1