How much to empty your Septic Tank .....

I used to live in rural Australia we would shoot a feral cat every year and put in the tank we never once in twenty years pumped out the tanks . Something to do with the biology and the microbes produced when the cat was breaking down . And before all the cat lovers scream , feral cats wreck havoc to our native wild life in Oz and need to be controlled .

Now that's one of the weirdest things I have yet to hear... but from an Aussie so I shouldn't be surprised!

I used to live in rural Australia we would shoot a feral cat every year and put in the tank we never once in twenty years pumped out the tanks . Something to do with the biology and the microbes produced when the cat was breaking down . And before all the cat lovers scream , feral cats wreck havoc to our native wild life in Oz and need to be controlled .

Yeast does this same thing as far as I am aware it breaks all the crap ( excuse the pun ) down you can get it in macro

• Like 1

They tried to charge me 400 baht per tank, and I have a few of them.

They also tried to show me the number of marks on a bamboo pole as another way to charge me, so much per mark pumped out.

Then he damaged all the brass screw lids and told me they had to be replaced, put crappy plastic ones in with a bit of cement and kept all the brass lids.

I think the same guys operate jet-skis rentals in the afternoons!

• Like 1

300 bht from city hall, but to those guys that empty their tanks regularly - you have a problem, if you tank is working properly you should not need to empty it for about 10 years, chuck a dead rabbit or dead chicken in it to get the bacterial organisims started.

And to lucjoker, a septic tank is the same as a few rings in the ground, can be a pit, or a tank as long as it allows settlement of the solids and run off for the grey water.

Pussy....we used to use a live razorback wild pig.

I'm gonna be berated for this, but how do you know when its full?

Just wondering....coz i might buy a feral cat...555....or two

Thai politicians do the best job

Edited by Showbags

Suradit69, on 08 Feb 2014 - 09:21, said:

Got overcharged recently

Just wondered what the charge should be ....

If you don't know what the charge should be, how do you know you were over-charged?

Barney R, on 08 Feb 2014 - 09:00, said:

feral cats wreck havoc to our native wild life in Oz and need to be controlled .

I do admire your convoluted logic , but then someone "sitting on" a twenty year accumulation of poop and dead cats while making a pitch for protecting the environment is mind boggling on its own. Maybe there was an undetected slow leak from the tank.

Ah, Suradit69, adding 69 at the end of your name tells us a lot, however, back to the story, you obviously have NO idea about "rural" Australia or the "feral" cat situation, YET, you seem empowered to comment. Stupid really. Feral cats... kill on sight, show no mercy!

Ghostnigel, on 08 Feb 2014 - 11:20, said:

Usually by constant blocked toilets and drains, oh, that's normal in Thailand, and by the constant smelly wet patch in your yard... not made by love making.

Ghostnigel, on 08 Feb 2014 - 11:20, said:

Usually by constant blocked toilets and drains, oh, that's normal in Thailand, and by the constant smelly wet patch in your yard... not made by love making.
Heehee, nice one, thanks buddy,

G'day Barney. We used to do the same thing in central Victoria, VERY effective!

Ah, Suradit69, adding 69 at the end of your name tells us a lot, however, back to the story, you obviously have NO idea about "rural" Australia or the "feral" cat situation, YET, you seem empowered to comment. Stupid really. Feral cats... kill on sight, show no mercy!

Barney R, on 08 Feb 2014 - 09:00, said:

feral cats wreck havoc to our native wild life in Oz and need to be controlled .

I do admire your convoluted logic , but then someone "sitting on" a twenty year accumulation of poop and dead cats while making a pitch for protecting the environment is mind boggling on its own. Maybe there was an undetected slow leak from the tank.

Why does he have no idea about rural Oz or feral cats...?

And what is the actual problem with 69 ..in your view ?

At our Yorkshire farm house we would drop in a dead rat, did the job.

Here in Thailand I drop a pump in every 6/7 yrs , then pump onto the garden, easy and cheap.

It should also be noted that a septic tank system, set up correctly, will probably never need to be emptied.

• Like 1

At our Yorkshire farm house we would drop in a dead rat, did the job.

Here in Thailand I drop a pump in every 6/7 yrs , then pump onto the garden, easy and cheap.

It should also be noted that a septic tank system, set up correctly, will probably never need to be emptied.

correct! thumbsup.gif

in Mukdahan its 116TB a ring

have 2 tanks 3 rings each - 6 rings total, cost 700TB, pump them out very other year

Rather than quoting rings, you should refer to the volume. The reason is understanding the mechanics of these systems. For example the emptying frequency should be based on the flows entering and also the loads on the receiving body. The ideal volume per domestic property for a septic tank should be around 2.7m3 or 2700 litres. British Water Flows And Loads 4 can be used to help calculate volume for other uses. If the volume is close to the ideal the frequency of emptying should be typically around 1-year.

During use solids will build-up in the settlement tank which reduces the ability of bacteria to treat the sewage but also increases the risk of these solids being carried over. In warmer countries closer to body temperature the activity of the bacteria will be close to optimum, so the need to re-colonise with a dead moggy would appear lessened as long as solids are emptied and chemicals used are appropriate. An indication of septicity is odour.

If the septic tank is merely a basic set of concrete rings with a hole, the emptying frequency should be significantly increased this is because both the inlet and the outlet must have T-pieces present. Even on appropriately designed systems these T-pieces can get broken during emptying.

Now that's one of the weirdest things I have yet to hear... but from an Aussie so I shouldn't be surprised!

5555555 here is another weird thing for you to know just in case you venture out of your room , that big yellow thing you see in the sky is called the sun .

the smart thai will open the lit and see that the "septic tank"( Not a hole in the ground ) is almost full to the top.

If your septic tank is working well it looks like slowly cooking soup,it moves and doesn't smell that bad .

This is how it should be ! Full ,yes! because it constantly overflows in the second chamber .

Don't let the smart thai suck it empty ! Smile ,tell him everything is ok and send him away .

If there is a problem with your "septic" tank ,you will smell or see it .Only then take action .

In building permissions in thailand is stipulated that you have to use septic tanks with different chambers ,just a hole in the ground

with some rings(see picture) is not legal anymore .

800px-Septic_tank_EN.svg.png

this is what is required :

septic_tank.jpg

• Like 2