Gibbon Hawkers In Patong

Galong

Its far from going bankrupt.

The zoo cant be that bad if it makes cash. The guy is filthy rich and it must be because he has a great zoo.

All zoo's get labelled by people and writers as being cruel etc. most of the things being said in the article have no proof behind it. Just stories.

There are far more other things in the world far worse then journalist writing up what they think about a zoo and thinking its gonna save the world.

But I guess there is always people complaiuning about something so who really cares.

The zoo cant be that bad if it makes cash. The guy is filthy rich and it must be because he has a great zoo.

All zoo's get labelled by people and writers as being cruel etc. most of the things being said in the article have no proof behind it. Just stories.

There are far more other things in the world far worse then journalist writing up what they think about a zoo and thinking its gonna save the world.

But I guess there is always people complaiuning about something so who really cares.

There are non so blind as those who will not see...

Sad really!

Since when did owning a Zoo become a lucrativce business? I would think illegally exporting and breeding tigers would be more luctrative. Where are you from that you are so callous about a few dead tigers? There are many zoos in the world and not all of them receive this bad press.

Terrific job keeping this thread going, Donz...

Really... just outstanding work on your behalf to get this up to 3 pages with 34 posts and 550+ views.

This particular business (no longer wishing to legitimize it any way by calling it a Zoo) is a popular attraction at present, because as stated... people are unaware of the bad publicity from both organizations and individual trip reports. Thankfully, with ever-increasing readership by people researching where they go to spend their tourism dollars, they are discovering websites like the previously quoted travel reports as well as other avenues of research like Thaivisa... and from this research, they are becoming more savvy to the lethal ways this business operates. Word of mouth also spreads the word and the more people that do go there and then let others know what a horrible experience it can be is another form. This is not about some lone "journalist" writing about a one-off bad experience at a Zoo.

You are correct in saying the owner is wealthy. That's why he's not in jail as we discuss this. The money he makes on tourists, even at a ridiculous 500 baht a pop, pales in comparison to the hundreds of thousands and millions he makes selling off illegally-bred tigers and their resulting tiger parts.

A dead tiger can fetch up to US$40,000 (around 1.6 million baht) in China, where the market is growing because of rising affluence.

http://www.savethetigerfund.org/news/2005/July/05_7_06.htm

Not "all" Zoos are labelled cruel... there are many respectable Zoos around the world who actually do much to promote education, animal research, and the preservation of species... but as stated, this is not a Zoo, as it accomplishes none of those things. Instead it threatens the species with barbaric practices and mixing the gene pool in a completely criminal manner.

You are correct to say some of the cited articles were just "stories." That's what tourist travel reviews are. They are people's impressions of locations and facilities... but among the ever-wiser tourist, these types of reviews are increasingly becoming more popular in determining destinations and the activities to participate in when they reach there.

None of these reports from either an individual's perspective nor an organization's collective review are out to save the world... simply they want to highlight a bad place in an effort to retain as long as possible the preciously dwindling number of one of this planet's more impressive creatures. It's a forminable task... educating the public... but thankfully, most of the public is able to listen to reason, judge facts, appreciate input from a wide variety of sources, and then make an informed decision. You could learn a lot from this way that most people process information.

"who really cares?"... well, thankfully... once again... everyone that goes to the effort to educate others regarding such a regal animal care a great deal.

In a distorted sort of way, you yourself care as well. By making this thread lengthier and lengthier... thus increasing readership and it's expanded viewership and the resultant public insight gained into the dealings of this shady business, you are helping the tigers.

Thank you.

:o

Look forward to your further responses.

Edited by sriracha john

Holy siht Donz! Where to start? ... well first of all, zoos suck because they steal animals out of the jungle. The animals are then put into un-natural surroundings for people to gawk at.

No Proof??? Define proof for us please. why don't you type "zoo cruelty" in Google and see what you get. Type in "thai zoo cruelty" and your filthy rich prick of a friend is right up there near the top.

"But I guess there is always people complaiuning about something so who really cares." No you <deleted> idiot, there are actually people who see cruelty in all walks of life and take the time to care and try to make the world a better place for all sentient being. Mahatma Gandhi once said, "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

But I guess in your eyes he was wrong because... wait for it... "it makes cash". :o

"cash"... That's some sort of a justification? Guess what, you can make a lot of cash selling people into slavery. I guess as you say "can't be bad if it makes cash" that justifies it.

I feel sorry for you. You are missing that special bond that people can have with other animals.

Dude, you belong in a cage. Better yet, your penis should be cut off and sold on the Chinese market.

Holy siht Donz! Where to start? ... well first of all, zoos suck because they steal animals out of the jungle. The animals are then put into un-natural surroundings for people to gawk at.

No Proof??? Define proof for us please. why don't you type "zoo cruelty" in Google and see what you get. Type in "thai zoo cruelty" and your filthy rich prick of a friend is right up there near the top.

"But I guess there is always people complaiuning about something so who really cares." No you <deleted> idiot, there are actually people who see cruelty in all walks of life and take the time to care and try to make the world a better place for all sentient being. Mahatma Gandhi once said, "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

But I guess in your eyes he was wrong because... wait for it... "it makes cash". :o

"cash"... That's some sort of a justification? Guess what, you can make a lot of cash selling people into slavery. I guess as you say "can't be bad if it makes cash" that justifies it.

I feel sorry for you. You are missing that special bond that people can have with other animals.

Dude, you belong in a cage. Better yet, your penis should be cut off and sold on the Chinese market.

:D

No need for the language, I never said its ok to be cruel to animals if there is money involed like you claim I have said. And whats slavery got to do with any of this??

i belong in a cage?? So I guess you dont care about humans at all aye?? And whats this about you wanting to eat my private parts?? :D

No need for the language, I never said its ok to be cruel to animals if there is money involed like you claim I have said. And whats slavery got to do with any of this??

i belong in a cage?? So I guess you dont care about humans at all aye?? And whats this about you wanting to eat my private parts?? :D

Many have pointed out that your buddy's zoo is practicing cruelty to animals. What on earth is your definition, because most folks seem to agree that putting an animal in a cage when said animal is used to roaming freely over a large area IS the definition of cruelty.

Feeding them raw chicken when there was plenty of info about the dangers of raw chicken in light of the bird flu is both stupid and cruel. Did you read about what happened in your buddy's prison... oops, I mean zoo?

"you dont care about humans at all aye??" Why is it that whenever someone cares about animals folsk like yourself automatically think that they don't care about people. That's complete BS. From what I read of your posts so far, I'm not surprised that you would come to such a conclusion.

I do a LOT for people and always have. I employ many formerly poor people and pay them very high wages. I give my time free to teach students who lost everything in the tsunami... but I guess you've got to be right because you know that anyone who loves animal MUST hate people... geez, where's the logic in that?

Yo ESL, I'm not Chinese, so I don't eat tiger penises. Learn how to read bro. :D

Many have pointed out that your buddy's zoo is practicing cruelty to animals. What on earth is your definition, because most folks seem to agree that putting an animal in a cage when said animal is used to roaming freely over a large area IS the definition of cruelty.

Feeding them raw chicken when there was plenty of info about the dangers of raw chicken in light of the bird flu is both stupid and cruel. Did you read about what happened in your buddy's prison... oops, I mean zoo?

"you dont care about humans at all aye??" Why is it that whenever someone cares about animals folsk like yourself automatically think that they don't care about people. That's complete BS. From what I read of your posts so far, I'm not surprised that you would come to such a conclusion.

I do a LOT for people and always have. I employ many formerly poor people and pay them very high wages. I give my time free to teach students who lost everything in the tsunami... but I guess you've got to be right because you know that anyone who loves animal MUST hate people... geez, where's the logic in that?

Yo ESL, I'm not Chinese, so I don't eat tiger penises. Learn how to read bro. :D

What are you rambling on about??

They also dont eat human penises. You should learn to read brither. And whats this about not careing for people and caring for animals?? :D

Also the chicken thing may of been employees buying the chicken as he is never at his zoo.

You sound like your upset :D

Holy moly, you guys are still discussing with this child?

He's not even seen the freaking zoo for CS.

I don't think there are any medications for being "honesty impaired", but that's something hes going to have to own up to.

I don't think there are any medications for being "honesty impaired", but that's something hes going to have to own up to.

So yu think its mature to try and take cheap shots at me?

I know the guy, he told me he has a great Zoo, as far as im aware the Zoo is good, alot of people attend it. Ive never been there but will go on my next trip to thailand as I have promised him.

But I just dont buy into stories produced on the internet without seeing it for myself.

Cheers

Yeppo.... give it up Donz! You have never, ever seen your "mates" fabulous "zoo" - yet you continue on with your yobbish diatribe of defence. If you consider Sydney's Taronga Zoo to be "perfect" then you just gotta get out of your armchair a little bit more. In reflection, it is most likely perfect compared to the animal prison under discussion here. Grow up! Get some education! :o

Ok, only because the lovely Khall64au said so.

Taronga Zoo is a great place.....

I have grown up, i just like having abit of fun on the internet, usually im serious but alot of the times I just killing time

I have grown up, i just like having abit of fun on the internet, usually im serious but alot of the times I just killing time

Good boy, now come to uncle Marco and give him a big hug :o

:D:D

###### Donz. He's such a prat. A litttle boy prat. That Zoo he's going on about..... the animals ae kept in really bad conditions. The tigers are chained by the neck so far down that they can't move and tourists take photos of them all day. The birds and monkeys are mega stressed and everything is in a small cage. I went there.

So yu think its mature to try and take cheap shots at me?

I know the guy, he told me he has a great Zoo, as far as im aware the Zoo is good, alot of people attend it. Ive never been there but will go on my next trip to thailand as I have promised him.

But I just dont buy into stories produced on the internet without seeing it for myself.

Cheers

Just seeking some clarity on how you think, Donz... and by the way, thanks so much for all the continued responses and increased viewership of this thread on the Sriracha Inbreeding Center. You're helping the tigers and I'm sure they appreciate it.

anyway, getting back to the way the Donz brain works.

You discount every negative input about the Sriracha Tiger Parts Factory that’s been produced thus far in favor of what an associate of your wife's, not yours, family has said. I won't say he's a friend of yours as I'm fairly certain it's not a fitting term. Instead, you chose to put more faith in the "goodness" of the establishment by saying a lot of people attend. Do you know how many attend? How do those numbers equate to goodness? Particularly... how do those numbers outweigh the avalanche of bad press of tigers dying by the hundreds, bad impressions from tourists' reviews, legal proceedings against the owner resulting in lots of political/financial favors being called in just to keep himself out of jail, condemnations from International animal preservation organizations from around the world... In the face of all of this evidence, you still maintain that it is a "good place" because "a lot of people go to it."

Now then, if I've gotten that all correct... I ask....

Is this how your brain works???

ok, ok... I think I just got the answer to my question above... it IS how your brain works.

You have absolutely no idea what you are doing here, do you?

May I suggest then, that you kill time elsewhere and not waste people's time who don't happen to be here to kill time like yourself. Might I suggest that you spend that time researching the Sriracha Teenager Death Trap on your own.

Not wishing to dispute your claims of maturity, but I do sympathize for your spouse. It can't be uncomplicated dealing with someone as adolescent as yourself on a daily basis.

Edited by sriracha john

Hi Johnny,

Like ive said before, I will need to see for myself before i make my own mind up.

Ive been told by a few people its a nice zoo, so i will believe them before some stories that are on the internet.

And you have absolutely no idea how I think buddy, you dont even know me and plus this is the internet. how can you know how someone thinks being on the internet??

There is always good and bad reviews of a zoo. Usually the bad is blown way out of porportion.

You cant always go by what you read on the internet.

You sympathize with my spouse :o are you kidding me? So you need to steep that low because you dont agree with what I said?? Mate trying to take cheap shots just shows you are getting alittle hot headed on this topic, If you cant keep your emotions in check maybe you should stop.

Thank you for several things, Donz...

1. Helping to push this thread to its fourth page.

2. Prompting nearly 50 posts now.

3. Pushing this thread up to over 700 views, with, potentially, a near equal number of lost ticket sales for the Sriracha Disaster.

4. Confiming, by your response, all my assessments from the previous post.

Thank you for several things, Donz...

1. Helping to push this thread to its fourth page.

2. Prompting nearly 50 posts now.

3. Pushing this thread up to over 700 views, with, potentially, a near equal number of lost ticket sales for the Sriracha Disaster.

4. Confiming, by your response, all my assessments from the previous post.

no problems :o