“Changing of the Guard” at Pattaya and Banglamung Police Stations

Rimmer

“Changing of the Guard” at Pattaya and Banglamung Police Stations

police-4.jpg
PATTAYA:--Pattaya and Banglamung Police Stations now have new Superintendents and in a ceremony held at both stations on Friday, the new Police Chiefs were welcomed and the old ones were sent on their way by work colleagues and others.

The New Banglamung Police Chief is Police Colonel Damnoon, who is a former chief of Pattaya Police and has been transferred to the Station from his previous posting at Chantaburi Province.

The former Banglamung Police Chief, Police Colonel Supachai, has now been transferred to the high profile post of Superintendent at Pattaya Police Station.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/117746/changing-of-the-guard-at-pattaya-and-banglamung-police-stations/#sthash.SbjFoZQx.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-08

These positions cost a lot of money and everyone wants in. That's why they change often, so everyone gets a piece of the pie. They also do a lot to earn the favor from above. Obviously this guy has done a lot for the red shirts and earned his favor.

There are still Thais not wearing their motorcycle helmets! Let's continue to work on that!! No sense in enforcing any parking regulations; it'll only encourage speeding in downtown Pattaya. Motorists should enjoy the time given to admire the scenery while waiting for traffic to move.

Damn guess a whole lot more traffic fines coming up to recover the money paid for this position.

Speaking of that, does anybody have any idea what this position would cost. Have heard

a regular policeman position costs close to a million baht, cannot even image what the

chief of police would cost....

dam_n guess a whole lot more traffic fines coming up to recover the money paid for this position.

Speaking of that, does anybody have any idea what this position would cost. Have heard

a regular policeman position costs close to a million baht, cannot even image what the

chief of police would cost....

There will be a few nice shiny Mercedes driving around in Pattaya

• Like 1

I live in the same street as a policeman ,i have a large house ,he has a larger one ,i have a nice car ,he has 3 ,our son goes to uni ,his son and daughter go to university abroad ,gosh policemen must be well paid in Thailand.

• Like 1

May as well be Al capone handing over the reins to John Gotti in a parallel universe

I've never known a race of people in a so called democracy who ( other than the very very well connected, eg Red Bull family ) regard the police with such temerity.

It's both sickening and disgusting

^^^

Police Col. Damnoon was a former Pattaya police chief some time back not the recent one (it reads a former .... not the former...) and he takes over Banglamung. Col Supachai who moves from Banglamung to take over Pattaya station was also once before stationed at Pattaya but not as Superintendent.

I live in the same street as a policeman ,i have a large house ,he has a larger one ,i have a nice car ,he has 3 ,our son goes to uni ,his son and daughter go to university abroad ,gosh policemen must be well paid in Thailand.

I doubt he is only a policeman, most probably an officer, certainly high ranked.

2 ordinary policemen, no traffic controllers, both have a gun, live in my neighborhood, one in a 3.000 ThB rent house, the other open with his wife a Mom and Pop shop, nothing fancy as well, both have no car.

Edited by luckyluke

Oh joy. Rearrangement of tea money payments coming up, will likely take a couple of months. Happens every time, expect lots of media hoopla and random shutdowns.

Congrats on being first out of the gate with "tea money!" Well done! You might tie that phrase to a hotkey on your computer; many have already.

Such insights in this thread! We obviously have a lot of wise old hands with deep knowledge and expertise, lifting up the *pa tung" of mysterious Thailand for all noobs to see.

One false assumption constantly used to demonstrate the deep knowledge and expertise, with a chorus of sneers, is that a change of the guard is supposed to be more than a change of face.

It's not. Nobody said anything about any changes other than the person. The same old "goals" were declared.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

• Like 1

This is a normal picture and we have some changes in the police, why all this negativity. He looks like a nice decent man to me.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I doubt he is only a policeman, most probably an officer, certainly high ranked.

2 ordinary policemen, no traffic controllers, both have a gun, live in my neighborhood, one in a 3.000 ThB rent house, the other open with his wife a Mom and Pop shop, nothing fancy as well, both have no car.

But people like urban legends...

18 comments out which 16 are explicit negative (obviously from people who possess the required "eggsburteese" to render a judgment).

"mommy, mommy... why is the policeman's house bigger than ours?" crying.gif

And next comes the million dollar question , why do you think that is ? :-)

Why in the world would everybody hate the Thai " police" , including most

Thai people. Think carefully.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Oh joy. Rearrangement of tea money payments coming up, will likely take a couple of months. Happens every time, expect lots of media hoopla and random shutdowns.

Congrats on being first out of the gate with "tea money!" Well done! You might tie that phrase to a hotkey on your computer; many have already.

Such insights in this thread! We obviously have a lot of wise old hands with deep knowledge and expertise, lifting up the *pa tung" of mysterious Thailand for all noobs to see.

One false assumption constantly used to demonstrate the deep knowledge and expertise, with a chorus of sneers, is that a change of the guard is supposed to be more than a change of face.

It's not. Nobody said anything about any changes other than the person. The same old "goals" were declared.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Ahh another classic knee jerk defense of all things Thai by Jsixpack. So what are

you implying, that the position of chief of police for Pattaya does not

involve tea money ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

18 comments out which 16 are explicit negative (obviously from people who possess the required "eggsburteese" to render a judgment).

What a PROFOUND million dollar question! It never occurred to anyone here. Wow! Such deep insight into Thailand. You must have a PhD in Thai culture! All the noobs are SO impressed.

Guess you taught kindergarten in your past life. As I said, nothing to see here. Move along.

Edited by JSixpack

What a PROFOUND million dollar question! It never occurred to anyone here. Wow! Such deep insight into Thailand. You must have a PhD in Thai culture! All the noobs are SO impressed.

Guess you taught kindergarten in your past life. As I said, nothing to see here. Move along.

Wow !!!! Nice response.......Actually the question was directed

more towards yourself and Nam rather than the other TV members, as you

seem to either work in a Thai defense boiler room , or are living a life of denial.

Most of the other members here know what the police do, what they represent,

and how they go about their " job".. But you right on one level. Tea money is

so ingrained and well known, it hardly merits a discussion..

Edited by EyesWideOpen