Best Polish and Wax

bkkjames

As the topic suggests, would like to get your recommendations.

I see everything available from 1500 a bottle stuff at central to 299 baht stuff at Big C.

I could assume the more expensive ones are better but would be curious what others use and why.

Cheers

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The best product I have found is from Zaino, a good polish is a 3 step process where the car is first clay barred to remove road grime and tar more information here http://www.zainostore.com and they do sell the product in Thailand https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zaino-Thailand/170306219713739

Thanks Baz: Website is informative. FB page is one photo only, no other info?

Where do you buy this here if I may ask?

Thanks

James

What sort of car? What's the paint condition and color? How often do you wash, and wax? How much do you really want to spend?

The sky is the limit... there's waxes available for as much as 130,000 Baht per tub :)

Whatever they use at the car wash shop.

I only have a pick-up truck so are not interested in doing the polish/waxing myself but let the car wash shop do it once every 2 month or so.

AND the truck looks really good afterwards I must say.

If its Metallic or Base Coat, as long as it has a factory lacquer top coat its a waste of time. Ferangs tend to follow the Sunday Morn thing. Weekly Wash,and no abrasive anything, keeps em perfect. thumbsup.gif

Is this lacquer top-coat a standard item on new cars or an option one must order? How long dies it last before polishing and waxing would be able indicated?

If its Metallic or Base Coat, as long as it has a factory lacquer top coat its a waste of time. Ferangs tend to follow the Sunday Morn thing. Weekly Wash,and no abrasive anything, keeps em perfect. thumbsup.gif

Is this lacquer top-coat a standard item on new cars or an option one must order? How long dies it last before polishing and waxing would be able indicated?

Don't ask Ace.......rolleyes.gif ...................laugh.png

Just curious. For my older car, I just use karshine liquid wax and cartex polish (once a year) and they suit my purposes. Both are cheap at a few hundred baht each. They get the job done. I have also used Sonex polish/waxes to good effect as well.

New Cars dont need it, waste of time and money.

I don't know about that - I've seen some seriously dull looking paintwork on cars usually older than 5 years. Looks like they've never been waxed. Only need to rub your hand over that paint to feel how coarse it is. I wonder how much a complete clear coating of a car would cost?

For the OP, I find meguiars products work quite well. Not cheap but by no means too expensive. Wax every two or three months, and top up with some spray-on wax as needed. https://www.facebook.com/MeguiarsTH

New Cars dont need it, waste of time and money.

I don't know about that - I've seen some seriously dull looking paintwork on cars usually older than 5 years. Looks like they've never been waxed. Only need to rub your hand over that paint to feel how coarse it is. I wonder how much a complete clear coating of a car would cost?

For the OP, I find meguiars products work quite well. Not cheap but by no means too expensive. Wax every two or three months, and top up with some spray-on wax as needed. https://www.facebook.com/MeguiarsTH

"I've seen some seriously dull looking paintwork on cars" Some cars are wrapped. Yesterday I saw a Nissan Tena in a flat Khaki.....and it didn't have army number plates!

The difference between the top polish/wax and the cheapest won't be a great deal in quality.....but a great deal in price!

I only polish the bikes and scooters, never bother with the pick-up.

Not to mention the effectiveness of the polish, the ease of application, the ease of polishing it off, the period of time it remains effective.

I bought some meguires "black wax" and will give it a go in the morning and post a few before and after shots to see if its worth the money. Fyi, central has a sale on meguires products -20%

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What do you guys make of these glass coating shops - seems rather expensive but then again if you only need to do it once, might save the cost of polishing / waxing?

Glass Coating works. It looks just as good, no, better than any high end sealant, and can be topped with a wax if you really want it to 'pop' (and make washing easier), but wax on top of glass only lasts one week (compared to 4-6 weeks on straight paint).

If you're able to do the prep work (removing swirls etc), have experience applying wax, have some patience, and have a place where your car can sit dust-free for 4-5 hours, DIY a glass coating yourself. It costs 3,400 for a bottle that will do 6-8 cars - much nicer than those shop prices ;)

I'm a convert. I've used some of the most expensive waxes money can buy - I probably have over 150K Baht worth of waxes, chemicals, machines, pads and microfibres is my workshop. Back when I was using waxes and sealants, I'd get some enthusiasts commenting on how good my cars looked... since using glass with a wax topping though, everyone comments on how good they look. Even little kids and grandma's notice the difference ;)

If you're going to try it, the only extra advice you need is, 1) Buy the proper applicators (60 Baht each, you'll want 4-6 as they are throw-aways), 2) Have at least 3 clean microfibres on hand.

I bought some meguires "black wax" and will give it a go in the morning and post a few before and after shots to see if its worth the money. Fyi, central has a sale on meguires products -20%

Google "Thai Washer Car Club" for the best prices on Meguiars, and everything else...

Cannot link to other forums on TV :(

Ok got out there this morning and waxed it. Easy to apply and buff. Overall rate it very good, some minor scratches on the paint much less noticable and you can see by the attached, shiny.

post-22903-13923408602659_thumb.jpg

post-22903-13923408957458_thumb.jpg

post-22903-13923409116704_thumb.jpg

Yeh ,Thats better, all that work you done has made Me Sweat. Time for a few Tinnies Mate.burp.gif .

it took about 1 hour to do it. maguires wax goes on easy, unfortunately the pad they give you to do it with is the size of a cd. I am still going around in circles.

Ok got out there this morning and waxed it. Easy to apply and buff. Overall rate it very good, some minor scratches on the paint much less noticable and you can see by the attached, shiny.

Are You sure you Buffed it Up.?. Not as Shiny as my Wash n Lathered ride without polish.biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Here you go mate, mine left next to a white triton this morning.

Nice shine - nothing beats the shine of dark coloured vehicles!

I think it's the phone's camera that didn't make the pictures as sharp and clear as they could have been.