Business people seek Indian Embassy help: Satish Sehgal

webfact

Your comments seem uncharacteristically knobish this morning, has the prescription medicine run out? Do you have any idea of how much the 'Silom Business Association' is worth, in particular the Indian community? It is where almost every diamond and every baht of Gold in this country runs through, whether physically or on paper. The Indian business lobby will have a lot of say here, already the immigration official is saying 'not enough evidence' so who is full of BS here, the Indian guy who speaks the truth or Chalerm who wants press conference time?

Your sure about that are you ? id say certainly the gold is mainly Chinese run for a start, gemstones not entirely sure but would be surprised if it were Indian.

Im interested please show me where it says Indians run or dominate the gold and diamond market in Thailand

Just get an Indian businessman to take you into one of the tower blocks at the bottom of silom road and show you around the building and see what goes on. Its just like Antwerp ;) (China and India are both all over the Gold Market like a rash in this country. What you perhaps see are the 'retail' outlets for Gold being almost exclusively Chinese but the wholesale business is altogether different. If Thailand wasn't so racist it would not be long before the Indians took over retail as well)

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha. These people are living in lala land.

Note to these numpties.

The Indian embassy cannot grant the right to stay in Thailand. You need to petition the Thai government to discuss this issue.

The business community wanst the Indian Embassy to intervene, ie petition the Thai Government. I'm sure these people are quite aware of what they can and cannot do, unlike the growing number of 'numpties' on this forum.

Edited by lemonjelly
  • Like 2

I'll wait for mittal steel or tata to speak up before I get too worried. The silom business asociation?

Wow. Big players.

Your comments seem uncharacteristically knobish this morning, has the prescription medicine run out? Do you have any idea of how much the 'Silom Business Association' is worth, in particular the Indian community? It is where almost every diamond and every baht of Gold in this country runs through, whether physically or on paper. The Indian business lobby will have a lot of say here, already the immigration official is saying 'not enough evidence' so who is full of BS here, the Indian guy who speaks the truth or Chalerm who wants press conference time?

I know quite a few of them.

Still a little confused why they are petitioning for the indian embassy to intervene to allow entry into thailand.

He might get away with it, but it will be to the greater detriment of the system. He is extremely silly to have done what he did. Chalerm will get him I believe.

The Indian community is not one amorphous group either. They have their cliques.

I know many also and whilst they may have their cliques internally they are one huge clique when it comes to a National representative issue. They are not petitioning for the Indian Embassy to intervene on entry in to Thailand, they are petitioning for the Embassy to intervene on a matter of injustice and Embassy's can become involved on such things.

Since when has you thinking he is 'silly' been grounds for deportation? There is far more 'silly' behaviour from middle aged expats in this country every day, behaviour that breaks just as many laws as the Indian guy...none!

If you are squealing for democracy how can it be to 'the greater detriment of the system' if he 'gets away with it'? People from every diverse and/or ethnic minority have the right to protest in every other democracy regardless of nationality. I would argue that it is to 'the greater detriment to the system' if he IS deported, as drunken mindless mafia thugs like Chalerm will continue to have their every whim obeyed whilst they personally hold themselves and their family members (murderous sons) above any law. Take your pick as to which of the two, Chalerm or Sehgal has made a more positive contribution to Thai society in their lives.....not difficult really.

Because it has been clearly stated that foreigners should not get involved in the protests.

They deported some before. If they don't deport this man, up to them...I await Cambodians and Burmese at the next rally's moaning about how they are exploited.

It will be extremely entertaining.

Contributing to society is irrelevant. It is a smoke screen to.cover up wrongdoing. Going down the "he's a nice guy" route and as such doesn't deserve to be subject to the law is a nonsense.

I understand ALL equally under the law, before I understand this person or that person is exempt.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Note to these numpties.

The Indian embassy cannot grant the right to stay in Thailand. You need to petition the Thai government to discuss this issue.

The business community wanst the Indian Embassy to intervene, ie petition the Thai Government. I'm sure these people are quite aware of what they can and cannot do, unlike the growing number of 'numpties' on this forum.

"The ambassador should provide assistance to protect his rights, his living in Thailand

Huh?

I know many also and whilst they may have their cliques internally they are one huge clique when it comes to a National representative issue. They are not petitioning for the Indian Embassy to intervene on entry in to Thailand, they are petitioning for the Embassy to intervene on a matter of injustice and Embassy's can become involved on such things.

Since when has you thinking he is 'silly' been grounds for deportation? There is far more 'silly' behaviour from middle aged expats in this country every day, behaviour that breaks just as many laws as the Indian guy...none!

If you are squealing for democracy how can it be to 'the greater detriment of the system' if he 'gets away with it'? People from every diverse and/or ethnic minority have the right to protest in every other democracy regardless of nationality. I would argue that it is to 'the greater detriment to the system' if he IS deported, as drunken mindless mafia thugs like Chalerm will continue to have their every whim obeyed whilst they personally hold themselves and their family members (murderous sons) above any law. Take your pick as to which of the two, Chalerm or Sehgal has made a more positive contribution to Thai society in their lives.....not difficult really.

Because it has been clearly stated that foreigners should not get involved in the protests.

They deported some before. If they don't deport this man, up to them...I await Cambodians and Burmese at the next rally's moaning about how they are exploited.

Contributing to society is irrelevant. It is a smoke screen to.cover up wrongdoing. Going down the "he's a nice guy" route and as such doesn't deserve to be subject to the law is a nonsense.

I understand ALL equally under the law, before I understand this person or that person is exempt.

You seem to be having the same problem as Chalerm and Tarit. Stating that Foreigners should not get involved in protests is NOT a law. The reason these monkeys are saying that is that they have this vain attempt at trying to prevent 'international' endorsement of the protests. Sehgal has not broken any law and his alleged 'crime' was before the SOE was declared, so even if it was in SOE law (which it isn't), he spoke on stage before the SOE was implemented. If you understand ALL equal under the law then lets just stick to that...the Law, instead of Chalerm using bully boy threats to silence any foreigner, Hotel Owner or mobile toilet supplier that he wants.

• Like 2

You seem to be having the same problem as Chalerm and Tarit. Stating that Foreigners should not get involved in protests is NOT a law. The reason these monkeys are saying that is that they have this vain attempt at trying to prevent 'international' endorsement of the protests. Sehgal has not broken any law and his alleged 'crime' was before the SOE was declared, so even if it was in SOE law (which it isn't), he spoke on stage before the SOE was implemented. If you understand ALL equal under the law then lets just stick to that...the Law, instead of Chalerm using bully boy threats to silence any foreigner, Hotel Owner or mobile toilet supplier that he wants.

Well, that is an immigration issue and the law has been enforced before. The warnings are clear.

I stated elsewhere that I wondered what laws he had broken. But when it ends up with "he's a nice guy, he shouldn't be deported", I hate the dual standards of the issue.

I'm a nice guy, you're a nice guy. I wish they would apply the law to me if I protested too. Yes defend it in court, better than pleading love of this and spurious character references.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Is this Sehgal case not another example of the Rich and Elite thinking they are special?

If the lawbreaker were to be a middle-class 60-yr old Australian bachelor, living in a provincial town 100s of kms from BKK for 50 years but with no Thai family, not a member of an elite sports club, then the Hi-Sos would not give much of a toss.

However, this guy is wealthy, has friends in high places, an officer of the Polo Club, knows ministers and senior civil servants, feels that recent repeated warnings are not applicable to him, but is unlucky and gets caught and cries foul.

He's hoping that Justice is not blind, but can peek to see who's up before her ...

post-100612-0-33164100-1391997259_thumb.

• Like 2

"He (the immigration official) said there were news reports of Sehgal's involvement in protests at the offices of various government agencies, but none of the agencies had lodged a complaint against him."

What's that for an official communication channel?
Via TV and Print media?
The immigration has no official written document?
Does not sound like an legal deportation process.

"However the immigration official said the evidence against the Indian was not strong enough."
Enough evidence, who determines that?
Normally this takes place in a public court process,
- where the prosecutor presents his evidence, the defendant may defend himself and the court weighs -
or not?

If all that had been reported were accurate, he should be arrested, charged, trial, and imprisoned and after prison term, deported. It does not matter how much a person is seem or perceived as contributed much to Thailand.

Can you please enlighten us as to what the particular 'accuracies' are that warrant arrest, trial and imprisonment, and what particular laws he has broken? Would these be the same kind of laws that PTP say are broken by suppliers of mobile toilets who put sanitary facilities near protest sites or Hotels that don't do the police forces job for them by arresting their guests? With an attitude like yours I guess you are a full paid up member of PTP, welcome to Thailand, don't get comfy, things are about to change.

With the attitude like yours, you are sure one of those paid lawlessness people. I am Thai but at the moment do not live in Thailand. That does not allow me to take part in political activities in whatever form. I returned home once every two months for not less than 10 days.

I had not accused this Indian national of any crime but carefully stated that IF all that had been reported were accurate, he should be arrested, charged, trial, and imprisoned and after prison term, deported. Beside newspaper reports, they must be some actual reports made to the authority that prompted them to take such lenient measure - deport instead of arresting him. Participation in seizing of state government offices and buildings in whatever form and manner are serious criminal offense.

One clear proof is from himself. He told the silom demonstrators rallied outside of India Embassy that he will cease all political activities.

Yes, thing are about o change. In fact they have been changing. The emerging power of the people who were denigrated, oppressed, treated as second class, unequal, is rising. These people are awakened to their political, social, judicial rights, duties and responsibilities. This is the reality the 'old elite power' should accept and make adjustments. The fight to annihilate the people's power will only see their own demise in their continuation in perusing their corrupt practices.

IMO, sometime the pain suffered from splitting is temporal rather than permanent.

Edited by icommunity
  • Like 1

If all that had been reported were accurate, he should be arrested, charged, trial, and imprisoned and after prison term, deported. It does not matter how much a person is seem or perceived as contributed much to Thailand.

Evidence? Charge? Trial? Wow we agree (well all except the final sentence that is).

If all that had been reported were accurate...........

The administration and enforcement of rule of law should be equal to all without dear and favour.

• Like 1

Evidence? Charge? Trial? Wow we agree (well all except the final sentence that is).

The administration and enforcement of rule of law should be equal to all without dear and favour.

Apparently he hasn't broken any laws.

Edit: unless pointing out PT's economic incompetence is a crime. A thought crime. But yes, evidence.

As for all being equal under the law. Yes that is indeed the aspiration. Irrespective of nationality, creed or beliefs all should be treated equally.

Edited by Bluespunk

Edit: unless pointing out PT's economic incompetence is a crime. A thought crime. But yes, evidence.

As for all being equal under the law. Yes that is indeed the aspiration. Irrespective of nationality, creed or beliefs all should be treated equally.

"unless pointing out PT's economic incompetence is a crime. A thought crime. But yes, evidence."

That argument of his was not the only issue report by the medias. As the head of a business association, they are avenues for him to express his economic opinions. He choose (IMO, he was forced/threatened to) a political platform. IMO, participating in seizing government offices and buildings are not political platform but criminal activities.

"He (the immigration official) said there were news reports of Sehgal's involvement in protests at the offices of various government agencies, but none of the agencies had lodged a complaint against him."

What's that for an official communication channel?

Via TV and Print media?

The immigration has no official written document?

Does not sound like an legal deportation process.

"However the immigration official said the evidence against the Indian was not strong enough."

Enough evidence, who determines that?
Normally this takes place in a public court process,

- where the prosecutor presents his evidence, the defendant may defend himself and the court weighs -

or not?

Don't play lawyer, if you are not so qualified. The police and then the prosecution make independent assessments of the evidence to determine if a criminal investigation or prosecution should commence. If they determine charges are warranted, only then does a case get brought to court, and the first step in that process is to determine if the court will accept the case. After an arraignment, then the court can begin taking evidence. But, like a lot of the expats on this forum, you want to jump the gun and immediately deport the guy because he violated Chalerm's worthless piece of paper based on the SOE.

• Like 1

What many don’t understand is the fact that in true democracy (that is practiced in many countries,) whenever there is a mass demonstration people from all walks of life can attend whether u are a citizen or not, without fear of retaliations from the government, apparently this is not permitted in Thailand, but its ok for them to join demonstrations that is held out of their country. (or am I wrong?)

What many don’t understand is the fact that in true democracy (that is practiced in many countries,) whenever there is a mass demonstration people from all walks of life can attend whether u are a citizen or not, without fear of retaliations from the government, apparently this is not permitted in Thailand, but its ok for them to join demonstrations that is held out of their country. (or am I wrong?)

Well to be honest I am not sure that it is 'not permitted' in Thailand. It certainly is not against the law. Don't be surprised by the double standards though, it is likely that the politician that tells you you cannot own land and property here has got himself a nice apartment on Canary Warf in London, or if they are Ministers maybe they could stretch to a house around Holland Road. They need somewhere to launder the money after all, it must be pretty straight forward. How much is an apartment on Canary Warf...oh about 2500 tons of rice.

What Chalerm has done with Sehgal is a classic feudal bully tactic, done in order to keep some assemblance of power and control. People in Chalerm's position who make threats to others with no legal undertaking to do so should be kept well out of politics. I feel sure that the Indian chap will stay because after all I don't think Chalerm has ever succeeded on a single occasion with achieving anything he set out to do with the exception of getting his son off a murder charge.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to see why you think this way? were foreigners expressly told NOT to get involved? I understand he was warned?

Note to these numpties.

The Democrats don't even know their own country's Immigration laws. What did you expect?

You really have no idea what you are talking about. You just want to make smart..s comments in order to get some easy likes. I have seen it in more threads.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

@binjalin

I don't think he said anything on stage after the SOE was declared. Up to that point freedom of thought existed.

Not getting into the whole should he be considered a foreigner or not schtick again. Made my views clear on that to a number of posters on different threads already.

Edited by Bluespunk

It is a nasty business the Yingluck administration has got itself in - from both an ethical standpoint and from a diplomatic standpoint. The administration has much more to lose here - in the long run - and will end up looking not only intolerant but silly. When a domestic emergency decree results in no arrests outside the single deportation of a foreigner who has lived, worked and contributed to a country for fifty years, the only one who ends up looking silly and bullying is the Yingluck administration. Chalerm's unilateral hissy fit has had consequences here - both domestically and internationally.

One wonder whether or not if lessons have been taken from despots that Thaksin associates with in the African region?

There are some who had contact with Idi Amin, and we all know what that creature did to the Indians in Uganda, he kicked them out and stole their property and all their other assets and parceled them out to his cronies.

Amin then commenced a reign of thuggish terror on the rest of the population who opposed or offended him in any way.

Perchance there is a touch of green eye when viewing the assets of the Indian community here in Thailand?

Maybe he can ask Yingluck for amensty.... yuk, yuk, yuk.

• Like 1

"he could initiate legal action to stay in the country or seek a huge compensation pay-out." Somebody can actually get Thailand to pay you compensation for deporting you? Is this real or is someone just spouting things they don't know about? I can't think of any country in the world that provide such compensation but Thailand is often different in its immigration laws.

Note to these numpties.

The Democrats don't even know their own country's Immigration laws. What did you expect?

They do know business and politics though, and they also know that enough media exposure, public and political pressure, especially if coming from India through the indian embassy, can make Thai officials on shaky ground change their mind, and at least make it impossible for them to deport him through the back door. Seems the immigration officer in the article has already realised this :-)