Business people seek Indian Embassy help: Satish Sehgal

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it has been clearly stated that foreigners should not get involved in the protests.

They deported some before. If they don't deport this man, up to them...I await Cambodians and Burmese at the next rally's moaning about how they are exploited.

It will be extremely entertaining.

Contributing to society is irrelevant. It is a smoke screen to.cover up wrongdoing. Going down the "he's a nice guy" route and as such doesn't deserve to be subject to the law is a nonsense.

I understand ALL equally under the law, before I understand this person or that person is exempt.

Edited by Thai at Heart, Today, 08:40 .

Thai at Heart i cannot disagree with your statement I understand ALL equally under the law, before I understand this person or that person is exempt.

But then you said in a previous post I hope Charlem gets him

My Thai friend next to me was just wondering if you are not a hypocrite and he keeps asking me if you think Charlem should be equal under the law?

A commodore policeman was shot dead at point blank range in Soi Thong law around 15 years ago, and according to my Thai friend who said this is a well documented fact Charlem's son pulled the trigger in front of 50 plus witnesses. And then Charlem again according to my Thai friend aided and abetted his son going on the run and crossing the Malaysian border illegally to escape justice.

After a year or so Charlem brought his son back to face Thai justice(once payments had been made and threats issued) and when he got out of his car started shoving around and calling police offices scum, and by the way this was all live on camera and well documented. And we know the outcome and that justice was not served. I was just wondering where you stand on your statement above concerning Charlem and the grieving widow and children that no longer have a father?

Also What about all those innocent people shot dead during the so called drug war, no trail just shot and killed, and again i was just wondering your stance concerning all are equal under the law with this situation as well?. The reason i ask is you seem to back the current status quo, but as pointed out above the current administration members are not equal under the law, they seem to be above it, would you not agree?

I could go on to fill up a million pages but i think those two points are sufficient to show that sometimes we all forgot what our principles and morals are.

My Thai friend wants me to sum it up like this

I want Thailand to have justice and rule of law like you, there is bad apples on both sides. But when one of the bad apples is great mates with someone as sickening as Hun Sen and also fills his cabinet with known bad apples that have an atrocious violent track record i really don't understand your stance with supporting him and how that aligns with your statement

I understand ALL equally under the law, before I understand this person or that person is exempt.

Edited by asiamint

Because it has been clearly stated that foreigners should not get involved in the protests.

They deported some before. If they don't deport this man, up to them...I await Cambodians and Burmese at the next rally's moaning about how they are exploited.

It will be extremely entertaining.

Contributing to society is irrelevant. It is a smoke screen to.cover up wrongdoing. Going down the "he's a nice guy" route and as such doesn't deserve to be subject to the law is a nonsense.

Edited by Thai at Heart, Today, 08:40 .

Thai at Heart i cannot disagree with your statement I understand ALL equally under the law, before I understand this person or that person is exempt.

But then you said in a previous post I hope Charlem gets him

My Thai friend next to me was just wondering if you are not a hypocrite and he keeps asking me if you think Charlem should be equal under the law?

A commodore policeman was shot dead at point blank range in Soi Thong law around 15 years ago, and according to my Thai friend who said this is a well documented fact Charlem's son pulled the trigger in front of 50 plus witnesses. And then Charlem again according to my Thai friend aided and abetted his son going on the run and crossing the Malaysian border illegally to escape justice.

After a year or so Charlem brought his son back to face Thai justice(once payments had been made and threats issued) and when he got out of his car started shoving around and calling police offices scum, and by the way this was all live on camera and well documented. And we know the outcome and that justice was not served. I was just wondering where you stand on your statement above concerning Charlem and the grieving widow and children that no longer have a father?

Also What about all those innocent people shot dead during the so called drug war, no trail just shot and killed, and again i was just wondering your stance concerning all are equal under the law with this situation as well?. The reason i ask is you seem to back the current status quo, but as pointed out above the current administration members are not equal under the law, they seem to be above it, would you not agree?

I could go on to fill up a million pages but i think those two points are sufficient to show that sometimes we all forgot what our principles and morals are.

My Thai friend wants me to sum it up like this

I want Thailand to have justice and rule of law like you, there is bad apples on both sides. But when one of the bad apples is great mates with someone as sickening as Hun Sen and also fills his cabinet with known bad apples that have an atrocious violent track record i really don't understand your stance with supporting him and how that aligns with your statement

I said, I "think" chalerm will get him. I don't wish misfortune on anyone. That also extends to people being at the whim and fancy of the legal system.

The warnings were made pretty clearly.

The only possible way forward for thailand is to start enforcing laws without favour. That applies to ALL SIDES.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

does anyone on this forum really cares what happens to the indian fella?

People who want Thailand to be a successful country do,

If you want Thailand to end up third world, then start deporting all the business people and you will see what a mess this country becomes. Then we will see how much you care

This story can't be true, caretaker-FM Surapong said that deporting this long-term resident "will not negatively affect Thai-Indian relations.", only a couple of days ago.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702917-surapong-believes-deporting-indian-businessman-satish-sehgal-wont-affect-thai-indian-relations/

But now the OP says that the local Indian business-community is concerned, and have handed-in a petition to their Embassy in Bangkok, asking for help from their Ambassador.

So damage is already being done to Thai-Indian relations, despite the caretaker-FM's assertion, perhaps time to ponder or mull the benefits of reconciliation & a less hardline approach ?

I'll think you'll find the Thai - Indian relationship referred to is between Nations, not the local Indian business community and Satish's mates from the club.

Poor old Satish squeals a lot, doesn't he. It's making for great news watching this dumbass goes through his death throes.

How is he dumb?

He Is a well rounded educated person

Has amassed wealth and created many thousands of jobs(fact) Do you have that kind of track record?

He talked about the leader not really being the leader, so therefore the election was a fraud, does that not make sense to you? If a fraud happens are you not allowed to say anything about It?

Plus he has many friends and people that love him in his adopted country,

I fail to see why he is a dumbass

Thank god your not In charge, this country would end up like Idi Amin's Uganda

98% he won't be deported

He has done nothing wrong, pointing out a fact Is not against the law and he pointed out that fact before the emergency decree was issued as well.

In my country and many others(will look deep into Thai laws about this) if your a long term resident you are allowed a say in political issues, and that's as It should be.

do you not agree?

Edited by asiamint

One wonder whether or not if lessons have been taken from despots that Thaksin associates with in the African region?

There are some who had contact with Idi Amin, and we all know what that creature did to the Indians in Uganda, he kicked them out and stole their property and all their other assets and parceled them out to his cronies.

Amin then commenced a reign of thuggish terror on the rest of the population who opposed or offended him in any way.

Perchance there is a touch of green eye when viewing the assets of the Indian community here in Thailand?

Got your Bumper Book of Despots out again Siampolee?

I swear your attempts of dragging Thaksin into every conceivable thread are getting more laughable by the day.

What do we have here, an Indian Businessman whose nose for publicity and dubious notions of righteousness has led him to be on the receiving end of a deportation.

And you somehow link this to, Idi Amin, alleged convoluted associations with Thaksin, even though Amin had to flee the country in 1979 when Thaksin was studying for his doctorate in Huntsville, Texas, at the time, and finishing off with allegations that Thaksin is looking to steal the assets of the Indian community here in Thailand!

Whats he going to do, set up franchises of Thaksin Tailors!

Your brain is amazing - think what you could do if only you used it.

Poor old Satish squeals a lot, doesn't he. It's making for great news watching this dumbass goes through his death throes.

How is he dumb?

Has amassed wealth and created many thousands of jobs(fact) Do you have that kind of track record?

He talked about the leader not really being the leader, so therefore the election was a fraud, does that not make sense to you? If a fraud happens are you not allowed to say anything about It?

98% he won't be deported

He has done nothing wrong, pointing out a fact Is not against the law and he pointed out that fact before the emergency decree was issued as well.

In my country and many others(will look deep into Thai laws about this) if your a long term resident you are allowed a say in political issues, and that's as It should be.

do you not agree?

Firstly, it is probably the case that moonao has not led thousands of protesters to occupy government buildings or been recognised as a PDRC leader and therefore is not likely to be deported, so I think he has every right to pronounce satish a dumbass, as he most likely is.

Secondly Amin is so 70's. If you want more contemporary local deportations of Indians as an example, try Singapore.

How is he dumb?

98% he won't be deported

do you not agree?

agree? why would I? that was the biggest load of garbage I ever read in my life.

does anyone on this forum really cares what happens to the indian fella?

People who want Thailand to be a successful country do,

If you want Thailand to end up third world, then start deporting all the business people and you will see what a mess this country becomes. Then we will see how much you care

They're not deporting all the business people, only those "foreigners" stupid enough to do, what they were told not to do. So Thailand is not going to go down the pan just because the Royal Bangkok Sports Club have lost a prominent member. The HiSo's will tough it out.

"He (the immigration official) said there were news reports of Sehgal's involvement in protests at the offices of various government agencies, but none of the agencies had lodged a complaint against him."

What's that for an official communication channel?

Via TV and Print media?

The immigration has no official written document?

Does not sound like an legal deportation process.

"However the immigration official said the evidence against the Indian was not strong enough."

Enough evidence, who determines that?
Normally this takes place in a public court process,

- where the prosecutor presents his evidence, the defendant may defend himself and the court weighs -

or not?

Don't play lawyer, if you are not so qualified. The police and then the prosecution make independent assessments of the evidence to determine if a criminal investigation or prosecution should commence. If they determine charges are warranted, only then does a case get brought to court, and the first step in that process is to determine if the court will accept the case. After an arraignment, then the court can begin taking evidence. But, like a lot of the expats on this forum, you want to jump the gun and immediately deport the guy because he violated Chalerm's worthless piece of paper based on the SOE.

"you want to jump the gun and immediately deport the guy because he violated Chalerm's worthless piece of paper based on the SOE."

Is that a assumption or a misinterpretation?

Reported elsewhere today that Tarit has threatened the Interior Ministry that if they don't come up with a decision on the deportation by Wednesday he will................. well he doesn't say what he will do,

Great isn't it, a turd like Tarit threatening a Govt agency.

Seems like Tarit and the DSIs plans to name and shame those supporting the protestors is backfiring. Firstly the DSI could be sued, especially if the evidence is weak. The other thing is the protestors have alot of support from the middle classes; these are the people running alot of the businesses. If alot of businesses support the protests, and these businesses assets are freezed, then they wont be able to operate. Also if the number of businesses is large then it shows the business community on the whole dont support the government and shows the government in bad light. Maybe the government s general stance is wrong and heavy handed? If companies cannot operate then it makes the government look like a dictatorship, favoring its allies and penalizing those who oppose it.

Reported elsewhere today that Tarit has threatened the Interior Ministry that if they don't come up with a decision on the deportation by Wednesday he will................. well he doesn't say what he will do,

Great isn't it, a turd like Tarit threatening a Govt agency.

Yeah Tarit is like one of those "floaters" you can't flush down the toilet.