Two Students arrested following British Necklace snatch in South Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a white gold chain with a 60,000 baht pendant on it. But because it is not yellow it is of no interest to anyone here. Also no-one bothers with watches. You can wear a 25,000 pound gold rolex and no-one will bother with it as they assume its a fake. Gotta love this country sometimes.

• Like 2

I wear a white gold chain with a 60,000 baht pendant on it. But because it is not yellow it is of no interest to anyone here. Also no-one bothers with watches. You can wear a 25,000 pound gold rolex and no-one will bother with it as they assume its a fake. Gotta love this country sometimes.

Yeah, really annoying when I wear my Oyster Perpetual Submariner down Walking Street. whistling.gif

There are very many world's spots like Pattaya around the world where tourist have the risk to be assaulted, even murdered for little money....even for nice shoes...I am Brazilian....

Every hotel in Copacabana, Brazil, and on every tour agency, shows notices about the danger, and about ways to avoid problems. A tourist wearing golden jewelry, heavy watches, camera bags, etc, etc, is a target..and sometimes with tragic consequences. In Brazil, fingers and ears cuts to get the jewelry, etc. The best posted advise...NEVER walk the beach or park at night, NEVER to resit or pursue the robber... they NEVER are alone, and they ALWAYS have a knife...if not a gun. A BIG guy cannot defeat 5 teenagers with knives...only in the movies.....

Somebody looking to go to the Football World Cup in June? Take note....

Edited by umbanda

No, I am not blaming the victim, but why walk around with a THB 20,000 necklace?

The way I read it he was sroped on his own bike too. Anyway, it's his constitutional right to be dumb, many will post, and it's the constitutional right of peerps to try to steal it.

Funny how they got the one of them posing with the necklace. Funny the Thai police...they can easily apprehend a couple teenage kids for petty theft but can't arrest insurrectionist like Suthep for doing untold billions of baht in damage to the Thai economy.

....couldn't resist it could you...what the hell does this have to do with the anti-government protests...!?!

and BTW, it is no-one's constitutional right under the laws of any country in the world to steal anything...!!

I thought the police comparison was obvious and looks like someone can't take some humor so early in the morning. A little cranky are we...didn't get any last nite?

Humour...? really....!? and what I get up to in the evening is none of your damn business...so keep your nasty comments to yourself...!!

No, I am not blaming the victim, but why walk around with a THB 20,000 necklace?

I do, why would you not be able to carry 1 bath gold?

Ah well, I grew up in Kenya where walking around with a necklace like that will get you killed.

Because were all from Kenya right? Not all of us come from impoverished country's were mad man roam the streets. whistling.gif

Terrible or what...

Or what? Another two aspiring criminals nipped in the bud. Hope the pickup driver wasn't injured.

little shits, I hope they get a kicking and if they want a volunteer, I'll do it! After having a similar experience it is immensely annoying/troubling/frustrating, <deleted>!

To bad the BIB wouldn't turn their back and let the owner have about 10 minutes to straighten out those two little shits. Their parents will likely look the other way then pay a 500 baht fine and the little delinquents will be on their way. A couple good pops to the head would do a lot more to straighten out these dipshits than the Thai criminal justice system will.

I am really curious how these thefts we read about on here (such as this one) are reported and actioned upon so fast.

Within what can only be a few minutes after the theft - these two are spotted as fitting "the description" and (eventually) apprehended. How?

When I had a loss in the same circumstances, I had to report it at the police station, which entailed sitting around for half an hour or so until somebody was 'available' to take my statement and write me a report.

My offer of supplying the offenders motorbike number was rejected as "not needed"

So, when an incident like this occurs and the culprits are arrested just minutes after the theft - who do we call to get immediate assistance such as happened in this case

I am genuinely interested. (which means spare me the jokes)

I am really curious how these thefts we read about on here (such as this one) are reported and actioned upon so fast.

Within what can only be a few minutes after the theft - these two are spotted as fitting "the description" and (eventually) apprehended. How?

When I had a loss in the same circumstances, I had to report it at the police station, which entailed sitting around for half an hour or so until somebody was 'available' to take my statement and write me a report.

My offer of supplying the offenders motorbike number was rejected as "not needed"

So, when an incident like this occurs and the culprits are arrested just minutes after the theft - who do we call to get immediate assistance such as happened in this case

I am genuinely interested. (which means spare me the jokes)

Perhaps the lo-life was seen riding a beat up click wearing a big gold necklace doing all that look at me head wiggling thing...........whistling.gif

Is Pattaya a Kip? Every few days there is some sort of crime there against a tourist etc. I heard there where a lot of homeless farang there too... sounds like a honey trap too lol

Edited by lmfao

Scary to see how school students (and other teenagers) target old foreigners to get easy money by robbing or snatching them, even worse when police fine them 500 bath and a slap on the wrist bah.gif

Not only foriegners, two little scum backs like these two and could possibly have been them put a knife to my G/F's throat the other night at an ATM in Naklua, they escaped with her wallet containing the withdrawal plus liscence, ID card etc. She could not give the police a description as they wore full face helmets and in the confusion did not think to take the bike number plate.

And yes I agree when and if they are ever caught the punishment is pittance. Thai Rak Thai

The way I read it he was sroped on his own bike too. Anyway, it's his constitutional right to be dumb, many will post, and it's the constitutional right of peerps to try to steal it.

Funny how they got the one of them posing with the necklace. Funny the Thai police...they can easily apprehend a couple teenage kids for petty theft but can't arrest insurrectionist like Suthep for doing untold billions of baht in damage to the Thai economy.

But you do not find it funny that DSI is also not able to apprehend anyone who threw grenades at the protesters or shot them. But I guess you follow Chalerm in his view that the protesters themselves did it.

In an ideal world anyone who can afford one! £400's not a lot for a gold necklace but Pattaya is the "wild east" and wearing such is an open invitation to scumbags!!

Why on earth do these foreigners go strutting around wearing gold necklaces in a poor country....showing off, want people to think they are rich,? serves them right .Sorry.

cheesy.gif ..................cheesy.gif Ok......OK..........Must remember not to use soap with a fragrance in LOS...............cheesy.gif

If not to wear it why else would anyone buy a piece of jewellery, regardless of it's value?

Quite right.

But then one must determine the 'where and when' before flaunting an easily grabbable 20,000 bahts.

One TV poster just mentioned that in Kenya, it is tantamount to a death wish....

No one warned me of the dangers of wearing your gold necklace in Thailand...I believe they mused to themselves...how long it would take before it disappeared...sure enough...a motorcycle taxi driver...rode by and snatched it off my neck while I was walking on the sidewalk...I feel certain...this Brit, a newbie...naïve...had no clue...just like me...

No one warned me of the dangers of wearing your gold necklace in Thailand...I believe they mused to themselves...how long it would take before it disappeared...sure enough...a motorcycle taxi driver...rode by and snatched it off my neck while I was walking on the sidewalk...I feel certain...this Brit, a newbie...naïve...had no clue...just like me...
I just consider these cases nice little additions to Thailand's GDP...just like all the funds the working girls wrangle out of their beaus. No need to wear such bling anywhere, especially in a relatively poor developing country. If that's "blaming the victim" so be it. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Where did you read that the chain was worn outside of his shirt? or that he was riding his motorcycle with no shirt?

Should we assume then that every victim of a gold chain theft must have been wearing it outside of their shirt (if indeed they were wearing one)

Interesting logic, especially when the victims are female.