Thai passport issuance daily quota filled before starting

webfact

Thai passport issuance daily quota filled before starting
By Digital Content

13920035841596.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 10 --Thailand's Foreign Ministry passport issuance daily quota at the newly opened temporary passport office at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre (QSNCC) was fully booked even before the start of working hours at 8.30am today.

The Department of Consular Affairs' Passport Division began operation of its new temporary passport office at QSNCC in Bangkok to facilitate the public backlog due to the months-long anti-government protest which blocked the department's Chaeng Wattana Road offices.

Members of the public reportedly started queuing at 4am while officials started distributing queue numbers at 6am.

At 8am, the daily quota which set a limit at 600 passports per day was fully booked. Department staff told many people who were upset to return tomorrow morning.

The passport issuance process started at 8.30am and applications for 600 people, which is its full capacity, will finish at 2.30pm.

The anti-government protesters shutdown of the Passport Office headquarters inside the Department has affected the issuing of passports, forcing people to use the agency's Pinklao and Bang Na offices as well as leading some to Chiang Mai, Phuket and Songkhla.

The Passport Division has re-started online passport service system which can speed passport delivery.

The system can be fully operational this week and will increase the number of passports issued from 3,650 to 7,000 per day to accommodate the high public demand. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-10

The system can be fully operational this week and will increase the number of passports issued from 3,650 to 7,000 per day to accommodate the high public PTP and their supporters, demand.whistling.gif

Edited by metisdead
Itallic font removed. Posting in all capitals or in all bold, and using large or unusual fonts and colors is bad netiquette.
  • Like 1

so work until 5 o;clock and get more done, they're just churning them out anyway

Seems you have never worked as civil servant. I had the honor to work in the ministry of defence.

Working till 2.30 is already the maximum possible if you want to go home at 5 PM.

Consider that a civil servant has also private things to do (buy food in the supermarket, or walk the dog (one lady working with my had the permit to take her dog to work and walk it twice a day)). Than you must pack your things. Drink coffee with your workmates and exchange the latest rumors about some relations between others, so your are at 5.00.00 at the door.

Can anyone explain to me why the government felt it was necessary to close the passport office in Khon Kaen because of protests in Bangkok?

and Korat also....gone out in sympathy I would imagine.

I wonder if I can depart with my daughters thai passport expired, but her Australian one current, but no visa in it obviously and when they ask why at the airport....tell them tough titties cannot get a thai one.

The government agency is still working.

How come Suthep can allowed this to go on?

No ShutDown of passport office?

He probably wants Yingluck and all the PT pollies to renew their passports so they can leave, they will need them very shortly..

• Like 1

We did the passport thing last week in Bang Na, got up at 2am , in line at 4am and number #709, folks that came at 7am waited but did not get, had to wait till the next day. and start again at midnight.

I must say the staff did great job under the circumstances but it is was total bulshit. Still waiting for Thai passports, who knows how long ??????

Well, guess what. My wife's Thai passport expired after five years and had used up not even two pages due to trips to Laos. A new passport needed to be made despite having 30+ empty pages left. My (Swiss) passport has less pages and is valid for 10 years; in my case more than enough and less work for the authorities. In the past a Swiss could choose between the validity of the passport (in years) as well as in size (32 or 48 pages); a citizen-friendly solution based on those who use more = pay more!