PDRC core leader Sonthiyarn arrested in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rule of law must prevail. Without the rule of law we cannot bring reconciliation and unity to Thailand. Solving the crimes created by the struggle and fight for power and control by the 'old elite power' and the emerging power base of those who felt denigrated, belittled, second classed, oppressed,and facing unequal justice and injustices.

• Like 1

Great news. I bet the others are less cocky now. I have a bottle of champagne waiting for the day I see Suthep in leg shackles.

You must lead a sad life if you would open a bottle of Champagne over something that is nothing to do with you

If Rich Teacher lives in Thailand, it does have something to do with him. This is his country of choice, and its future is something he should be allowed to comment on in this forum.

Who said he wasn't allowed to?

Thai Politics or how the country should be run are nothing to do with us, I live here to and this is my country of choice however I don't expect to get a seat in the Senate anytime soon

Good, now let's see the rest of these self-serving, bank balance filling scumbags nabbed

Lets see the biggest "bank balance filling scumbag" nabbed and his incompitant sister removed from office.

Who's funding Suthep, then?

Not Thaksin...

I think you got the two clowns mixed up, you must have been thinking of Chalerm.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good, now let's see the rest of these self-serving, bank balance filling scumbags nabbed

I think you are wrong

I know of at least 3 politicians in the PTP party that try to do the right thing

But the rest yes I agree with you, get them out of politics and into prison where hey belong

Especially Yingluk and her head ministers

Anti-Govt Leader Detained At Border Police HQ
By Khaosod English

13920235111392023555l.jpg
The police car carrying Mr. Sonthiyarn Chuenruethai-naitham arrives at the Border Patrol Police headquarters in Pathum Thani province, 10 February 2014

BANGKOK: -- A core leader of anti-government protest movements has been arrested for violating the emergency decree.

Mr. Sonthiyarn Chuenruethai-naitham was apprehended by a group of police officers as he was walking in Central Ladprao shopping mall and later brought in a six-car convoy to Border Patrol Police headquarters in Pathum Thani province for interrogation.

Mr. Sonthiyarn is a prominent leader of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) and a former director of T-News, an anti-government TV station.

He is wanted by the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) on charges of violating the emergency decree, which in principle bans all forms of political gathering.

CMPO spokesman Tharit Pengdith confirmed Mr. Sonthiyarn′s arrest. The warrants for the arrest of Mr. Sonthiyarn and other PCAD leaders were approved by the court last week, and Mr. Sonthiyarn was the first anti-government core leaders to be arrested so far.

The activist is currently held at the Border Patrol Police headquarters. Speaking as he was held in a police vehicle, Mr. Sonthiyarn said he was shopping alone when the police arrested him.

Mr. Sonthiyarn denounced the arrest, arguing he was merely exercising the rights to assembly, which is guaranteed by the Constitution.

Police officers will decide whether he is eligible for a bailed release, Mr. Sonthiyarn added.

Other individuals wanted by the CMPO include Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, the secretary-general of the PCAD. However, governmental officials have previously stressed that they will not attempt to arrest Mr. Suthep if the operation would escalate the situation.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qQXlNelV4TVE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-10

Great news. I bet the others are less cocky now. I have a bottle of champagne waiting for the day I see Suthep in leg shackles.

You must lead a sad life if you would open a bottle of Champagne over something that is nothing to do with you

So better to cheer whenever people break the law or threaten others. Well done mister.

• Like 1

Anti-Govt Leader Detained At Border Police HQ

By Khaosod English

13920235111392023555l.jpg

The police car carrying Mr. Sonthiyarn Chuenruethai-naitham arrives at the Border Patrol Police headquarters in Pathum Thani province, 10 February 2014

BANGKOK: -- A core leader of anti-government protest movements has been arrested for violating the emergency decree.

Mr. Sonthiyarn Chuenruethai-naitham was apprehended by a group of police officers as he was walking in Central Ladprao shopping mall and later brought in a six-car convoy to Border Patrol Police headquarters in Pathum Thani province for interrogation.

Mr. Sonthiyarn is a prominent leader of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) and a former director of T-News, an anti-government TV station.

He is wanted by the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) on charges of violating the emergency decree, which in principle bans all forms of political gathering.

CMPO spokesman Tharit Pengdith confirmed Mr. Sonthiyarn′s arrest. The warrants for the arrest of Mr. Sonthiyarn and other PCAD leaders were approved by the court last week, and Mr. Sonthiyarn was the first anti-government core leaders to be arrested so far.

The activist is currently held at the Border Patrol Police headquarters. Speaking as he was held in a police vehicle, Mr. Sonthiyarn said he was shopping alone when the police arrested him.

Mr. Sonthiyarn denounced the arrest, arguing he was merely exercising the rights to assembly, which is guaranteed by the Constitution.

Police officers will decide whether he is eligible for a bailed release, Mr. Sonthiyarn added.

Other individuals wanted by the CMPO include Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, the secretary-general of the PCAD. However, governmental officials have previously stressed that they will not attempt to arrest Mr. Suthep if the operation would escalate the situation.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qQXlNelV4TVE9PQ==

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-02-10

If he cooperates with police investigations, he might get bail. But then his life might be in danger.

Send from my Mobile

Pretty much the whole of Thailand have a bottle of champagne ready for that. (except for a handful of grandmas at the protest sites and a few other neo-dictationship oddballs)

Hopefully they distribute a High Definition 1080p, 60 frames per second slow motion version of his imminent arrest, conviction and jailing, with a zoom in on his face. laugh.png

• Like 2

Rule of law must prevail. Without the rule of law we cannot bring reconciliation and unity to Thailand. Solving the crimes created by the struggle and fight for power and control by the 'old elite power' and the emerging power base of those who felt denigrated, belittled, second classed, oppressed,and facing unequal justice and injustices.

you comments made us all laugh

post-13618-0-62549000-1392025731_thumb.g

Edited by tezzainoz

Now we shall come to dread the knock on the door in the night

This action may well be the opening of the can of worms that will lead to blood on the streets.

Democracy is being sacrificed on the Shinwatra high altar

Ummm, let's see...

1. Dreaded knock on the door? You're more likely to get a dreaded knock on the door when a "People's Council" is running things. Ask anyone in North Korea.
  2. Blood on the streets? Haven't you seen all the footage of "Popcorn Bag Man", gun wielding students, and glock touting PDRC fans? All trying to block an election, I might add.
  3. Democracy being sacrificed? That takes the cake. Who is sacrificing Democracy? Suthep or Yingluck? If you think Yingluck is a bigger threat to democracy than Suthep, then you have problems, my friend.

Turn off your Blue Sky and try being more objective.

Shhhh

He has not be told about Lord Taskin yet

He still thinks Yingluck is PM

A six car convoy no less.

They must be feeling so proud of themselves grabbing such a dangerous criminal walking alone in a shopping mall.

So the reason they need the SOE becomes apparent, they can detain someone pretty near indefinitely.

Including of course sensoring the media.

• Like 1

Police are really making inroads now arn't they, much to the disgust of the PDRC fan base

They just picking them up when they stray from the flock!!! Best tactic and it has avoided clashing by going in with a hit team.

This is who they'll get them all. and they'll all be much more wary now smile.png

Be interesting to see if the Courts just let them go, as you do for insurection, trhying to overthrow democracy and blocking streets in a Capital City.

Good they whisked him out the capital as well. The mob won't be marching around there in a red shirt area. Not now they down to their last 100 or 200!!

I would not be too quick to celebrate.

There are 10 more leaders waiting to fill his place.

He won't ever be convicted.

It is likely he will be released and end up suing the DSI which is on borrowed time.

Tarit will end up doing more jail time than all the protest leaders combined.

You government are on the way out mate.... they are in their final month and then everything will fall into the control of the protest leaders.

Watch this space.... you know I am right.

I seems you have never played chess

Pawns are to be used to put the opposition off guard

post-13618-0-30885900-1392026598_thumb.p

Edited by tezzainoz

Sure way to attract heaps of "Likes" from the halfwits out there, and to advertise to the other TV members exactly how "misguided" you are. Unless of course you were actually talking about the PTP "self-serving, bank balance filling scumbags"......................

• Like 1

Pretty much the whole of Thailand have a bottle of champagne ready for that. (except for a handful of grandmas at the protest sites and a few other neo-dictationship oddballs)

Hopefully they distribute a High Definition 1080p, 60 frames per second slow motion version of his imminent arrest, conviction and jailing, with a zoom in on his face. laugh.png

see they now admit they are all a bunch of Booze drinkers

Don't even try to argue with an idiot

He know what every one in Thailand is doing

I am waiting for one to admit to thinking that YK is sexy and we can call them a sexpat as well and we have English teaching, drunken, sexpats.... all rolled into one...rolleyes.gif

Edited by Soutpeel