new Aeon machine

i claudius

Yes, I saw the info on the previous thread and, as I go to this Tesco Lotus quite often, thought that would be very handy.

Tried to take out cash 2/3 days back and, would you believe, it was not working - it was switched off for some reason.

is it working now?

Yes, I saw the info on the previous thread and, as I go to this Tesco Lotus quite often, thought that would be very handy.

Tried to take out cash 2/3 days back and, would you believe, it was not working - it was switched off for some reason.

is it working now?

it was this afternoon ,no one used it the 20 mins we were there ,in fact i was sitting next to the bloomin thing and mentioned to the wife that it was a stupid place to put a machine ,in front of the tv ,when she said "dont you realize,its an Aeon machine a new one "

stupid me had not even realised laugh.png

Metro UK and they will start charging from next month

Ohh dear what a shame !! seems there will be no fee free cards very soon.
Your Metro Bank debit and credit cards are completely free of fees when used in the UK and Europe* and a small charge will apply for using you
card outside of Europe from 18th March 2014
Purchases 1.90% non-sterling transaction fee
Cash Withdrawal 1.90% non-sterling transaction fee and a £1.00 non-sterling cash fee
sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Metro UK and they will start charging from next month

Ohh dear what a shame !! seems there will be no fee free cards very soon.
Your Metro Bank debit and credit cards are completely free of fees when used in the UK and Europe* and a small charge will apply for using you
card outside of Europe from 18th March 2014
Purchases 1.90% non-sterling transaction fee
Cash Withdrawal 1.90% non-sterling transaction fee and a £1.00 non-sterling cash fee
sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Yup ,closing the account on 19 march

Reported elsewhere on TVF today that Aeon have today started charging THB150 per withdrawal same everyone else.

Thanks for the update. It had to happen sooner or later and most of us expected it.

Now the question is, where can I find an ATM in Pattaya which dispenses 40K per grab if there are any at all? At least that will cut expenses somewhat. I used to grab 40K from the AEON ATM at Tesco, but I saw reports that the maximum is now 20K.

Looking on the bright side, since they now charge, I can now use more convenient machines close to home.

Edited by tropo