UK tourist visa rejection

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie

Both Bobrussell & 7by7 really know what they are talking about I would trust there judgement on this.

Good Luck.

There is just far too much info being submitted.

It is your girlfriend's application (not yours) so just a supporting letter from you stating who will finance the holiday / accommodation arrangements and a proposed itinerary with emphasis on having to return to Bangkok due to work and family commitments should be sufficient.

Bank statements from you and floor plans of the UK accommodation are relevant only for settlement visas and could be why the application was turned down. Emphasis must be on a 'holiday' of short duration and returning at the end of it.

Proof of her being settled in Thailand can help such as a chanote if she owns some land and bank accounts etc.

Firstly, I think the mods should delete the OP's documents.

Home address, name, phone number, they're all on there. I found his Facebook in 10 seconds and that of his fiancee. Not good.

Secondly, too much information is sometimes a bad thing. I like the OP included everything but the kitchen sink, "our" cover letter was something like 5 pages! But my now wife's situation was somewhat different as she had worked abroad.

I think the application might need a little bit of "tweaking" but I think you'll get there. A quick chat with a professional should pay dividends.

Good luck with application! thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Firstly, I think the mods should delete the OP's documents.

Home address, name, phone number, they're all on there. I found his Facebook in 10 seconds and that of his fiancee. Not good.

Secondly, too much information is sometimes a bad thing. I like the OP included everything but he kitchen sink, "our" cover letter was something like 5 pages! But my now wife's situation was somewhat different as she had worked abroad.

I think the application might need a little bit of "tweaking" but I think you'll get there. A quick chat with a professional should pay dividends.

Good luck with application! thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

did say the same thing earlier this morning not good putting all that personal info on an open forum

• Like 1

For me, the refusal reason about the length of stay would be of more concern. It looks like, from what I read, you have discussed her staying for up 6 months, even though she only has 3 months leave ( which is, in itself a little unusual in Thailand). I would agree that the comments might have been taken out of context, but it would be necessary to see them in full to be able to give a better opinion. The ECO has taken the wording of the immigration rules into account when making her decision, and that is that she must be satisfied that the applicant :

"(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him" ( my emphasis).

Having applied for a visa for a 3 month visit, and having submitted messages that possibly indicate a stay of 6 months ( with only 3 months leave), the ECO was right to have some doubts. The ECO must be satisfied, and, unfortunately, I think you can see why she wasn't.

That said, if you want to make another application, you will need to overcome the reasons for refusal. If we can help, please let us know.

Tony Martin

Hi Tony, I have sent you a private message. But yes would like your help if you can

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't log on every day so have only just seen this thread and read through it all, and I don't know how to quote many different posts across the 3 pages of messages so I'll just try to comment on some of what I read.

Our first application was refused, seems quite common. That said, I'd missed a few important bits of documentation so my refusal was easier to address when we reapplied, I just accepted what they'd picked up on and explained how each point of concern was being addressed (basically by including the missing documentation). Our second application was made less than 2 months after the first, would have been quicker but took me some time to order bank statements and post everything to the GF.

I included 5 pages of photos (8 pics per page 2 across by 4 down). I disagree with the poster that said don't date them, the event will make the date obvious. I followed the advice given to me to date them and say a few words about each picture. I met her parents and her cousin over the course of 3 trips to Thailand, but most were just holiday snaps of us together in places we visited.

I never saw the documents you posted but my Skype chat logs were edited down from 160 pages to 11 by removing 99% of the written chat leaving only video chat start and end notifications as this showed we talked at least twice a day every day but didn't reveal any inappropriate talk. Sounds like yours might have, so in the reapplication you need to do something similar with your chat logs and address the point they raised - explain you talked about how long she should come, the decision you made and why you've agreed on 3 months (job, no wish to live UK etc)

My GF was not working and did not own anything yet we were successful in getting her a visit visa from 15th June to 5th October so I disagree with people saying you're asking for too long. Your circumstances are different and she has to have time off work but if you have a letter from her employer just put in your covering letter that while you understand getting 3 months off is unusual her boss likes her and so is happy to hold her job open for that period. State that she has shown no interest in moving to England but you wanted her to meet your family, and that the visit is so long because you don't see it likely that you will get to come back again together for some time due to the cost. Do you live in the UK and visit her, or in Thailand? Obviously the latter makes her return far more believable. Did you say in your original application that should you decide in the future to get married that she wants a full traditional Thai wedding with her family so you'd marry in Thailand, but that you have no plans currently to marry? Again remove the suspicion that you may marry in the UK.

I agree you don't need a floor plan of the accommodation in the UK, I simply stated I live alone in a 3 bedroom house which I own and she'll be staying with me. I included a mortgage statement which also formed part of my financial circumstances. If you rent then I've often seen advice given that you should get a letter from the landlord giving you permission to have someone stay with you. If you're going to stay with somebody else (family or friend) then you'll need a letter from them offering you a room for the duration of her stay.

I didn't personally use an agent.

Edited by GarryUK

Any chance of re-posting a heavily edited version of the rejection letter? I just discovered this thread and I'm really curious to see how they've worded it.

By all means the OP can repost both docs again with all identifying details removed.

I had been at 39,000 feet for the previous 15 hours, so was unable to remove earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I included 5 pages of photos (8 pics per page 2 across by 4 down). I disagree with the poster that said don't date them, the event will make the date obvious. I followed the advice given to me to date them and say a few words about each picture. I met her parents and her cousin over the course of 3 trips to Thailand, but most were just holiday snaps of us together in places we visited.

I would second that..

One of the ECO's criticisms of our first, (failed), application was that the photo's were not dated. My camera at the time did not put dates on the pictures, however, I had taken the trouble to write the date and location on the back of each photo...but, because I didn't point this out, the ECO, he didn't look.

I've just spoken to a friend who works at the UKBA and processed applications before it was privatised.

Basically less is more, give them what they ask for, don't give them enough to question and your be fine.

Id redo your application stating you communicate daily and provide sample ranges say 2-3 samples of 10-15 days. Obviously make sure those days raise no concerns.

I use line localphone and occasionally my phone which show the communication but not the detail. In the case of my t mobile bill it even helps price I was with my gf because it has the original of the calls and texts and where they were sent to.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I included 5 pages of photos (8 pics per page 2 across by 4 down). I disagree with the poster that said don't date them, the event will make the date obvious. I followed the advice given to me to date them and say a few words about each picture.

Garry, presuming it is my comment you are referring to ... please don't misrepresent what I wrote ...

Photos ... basic holiday snaps are limited in their justification of an ongoing relationship.

Where possible take photos with the broader Family at significant times.

Mothers Day

Kings Birthday

Christmas

Loy Kathong

Songkran

A partner who is invited to participate with the Family during these special times is in a genuine relationship, plus, you don't have to 'date' the photo because the event dates the photo.

... what I was urging the members here to do is to take the time when the significant times are available ... as 'the event automatically dates them'.

PLUS

Anyone can be in holiday snaps ... but most likely, only members in a significant relationship would be invited to participate in a Family event such as listed above.

Most number of photos we've ever submitted where 8 photos ... 4 per page, 2 pages, 3 Visa application ... all successful.

I implore every member to place themselves in the assessors shoes. Would you really want to pour through 40 pages (probably 120 photos) ... as one member submitted as part of an application of someone else's holiday snaps? I sure as heck don't ... facepalm.gif

Each to their own ... the professional guys here and Sponsors of the Forum apparently do a great job ... I'm just giving some pointers to those guys who wish their partner to submit their application without the professional help on offer.

Just so it's obvious what I mean by a photo dated by the event ...

post-104736-0-52153400-1392459564_thumb.

I would title this as Kings Birthday 2012

Edited by David48

I've just spoken to a friend who works at the UKBA and processed applications before it was privatised.

Basically less is more, give them what they ask for, don't give them enough to question and your be fine.

Id redo your application stating you communicate daily and provide sample ranges say 2-3 samples of 10-15 days. Obviously make sure those days raise no concerns.

I use line localphone and occasionally my phone which show the communication but not the detail. In the case of my t mobile bill it even helps price I was with my gf because it has the original of the calls and texts and where they were sent to.

Hope this helps.

With respect, no, it doesn't help. In fact, it is bad advice. If you think that submitting a new application, and avoiding the fact that the ECO previously refused the application because of the messages will suffice, then you are wrong, and it is wrong to advise the applicant and sponsor to do this. It is almost certain that the ECO will refuse the application again unless the matter of the messages is addressed.

• Like 1

Hope this helps.

With respect, no, it doesn't help. In fact, it is bad advice. If you think that submitting a new application, and avoiding the fact that the ECO previously refused the application because of the messages will suffice, then you are wrong, and it is wrong to advise the applicant and sponsor to do this. It is almost certain that the ECO will refuse the application again unless the matter of the messages is addressed.

Very sound advice and having read Jamies submission whilst I have never felt the need to use an agent myself I think he has unintentionally dug himself into a bit of a hole and the cost of an agent would be a wise investment now.

Good luck Jamie I hope you work it out.

Hi Jamie

I haven't read all the replies as there are to many ! But if it helps here's what happened for me last year.

I did pretty much the same as you for my Thai g/f and also got refused.

I then tried through thaivisaexpress in pattaya with the same information as before but I think they worded some of it differently .They operate a no visa no fee policy , we're very helpful and about 2 weeks later g/f had visa !

It's annoying that doing it ourselves was refused but at least she got the visa .

It's worth giving them a call for a chat . Ask for Paul , they have a website thaivisaexpress.co.uk

Good luck

P.s I think it cost about 25000 baht but can't remember exactly

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is there a time limited before re-submitting a new visitors visa after refusal?

After my wife got refused due to not enought proof of a relationship, we waited over a year before reapplying and during that time i went over to Thailand to see my GF to add more proof of the relationship.

Malc

Is there a time limited before re-submitting a new visitors visa after refusal?

After my wife got refused due to not enought proof of a relationship, we waited over a year before reapplying and during that time i went over to Thailand to see my GF to add more proof of the relationship.

Malc

No, you could apply immediately after being refused.

But unless all the reasons for refusal are adequately dealt with, you'd only be refused again.

• 1 month later...

Three months may have been considered (by the immigration officer) to be too long for a holiday, and too long to just 'meet the parents' and long enough for her to forget about her job and start becoming attached to the UK. Her boss may well have wrote a letter for her, but is unlikely to wait three months for her to come back and may well hire someone else while she is away. I'd say that the immigration officer was concerned that her reasons to return may diminish during such a long trip.

I'd suggest that you reapply for a couple of week's holiday, which would give her plenty of time to meet the parents.

She works in a coffee shop/cafe, she has worked there 2 years, we addressed this we had a letter from her boss saying after 3 months she must return for her job

We have been together for three years

She does not own property but has rented apartment which she would keep

We documented all this

It just seems so unfair

I am scared now, she feels disrespected. It a mess

But all we want is 3 months to meet my friends and family

She has no thoughts about staying in the UK

With no right of appeal I dont know what to do. We could apply again but why would they see it any different?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My freind has handed all his paperwork to the British embassy to bring his girlfriend to the uk,,,

The date for departure to the uk was April 5th,,,

They received an email to say the application had been received at the embassy and to wait 15 days for a reply,,,

The embassy received the documents on the 14th march,,,

So basically can the embassy still refuse the visa,even when it's so lose to the departure date,,

Or do you think it has been accepted.

Me myself applied for a spouse visa to the uk about 7 years ago with the embassy letting us know quite quickly,,giving me time to sort out flights,

Visa rules have obviously changed,,,,

My freind has handed all his paperwork to the British embassy to bring his girlfriend to the uk,,,

The date for departure to the uk was April 5th,,,

They received an email to say the application had been received at the embassy and to wait 15 days for a reply,,,

The embassy received the documents on the 14th march,,,

So basically can the embassy still refuse the visa,even when it's so lose to the departure date,,

Or do you think it has been accepted.

Me myself applied for a spouse visa to the uk about 7 years ago with the embassy letting us know quite quickly,,giving me time to sort out flights,

Visa rules have obviously changed,,,,

They don't have to accept an application and grant a visa just because the proposed departure date is looming. Their view is that applicants should apply for visas well in advance of their trip, so as to allow plenty of time for processing. Since approval of a tourist visa depends heavily on stability in the home country of the applicant, as well as solid reasons to come back after the visit, a carefully planned trip would make approval of a visa application more likely than a short notice one.

Yes I understand everything your saying,,,,

This application was organised well in advance by the same visa service as I used,,,

It says on the application state date of travel,,,which is the 5th April,,and not to hand in the application months before travelling.

So your saying the embassy can accept or decline the application after the 5th April????

Strange,,,,but hay strange is norm here :-)

UK visas start on the day of issue or the date requested by the applicant; whichever is the later.

If the applicant requests a particular date, this cannot be more than 3 months in advance.

Applications are processed in the order they are received; unless there are serious and compelling compassionate reasons for an applicant to jump the queue.

The latest processing times for Thailand (January) show that 91% of applications were processed within 10 working days, 99% within 15 working days and 100% within 40 working days. This does not, of course, mean that applications submitted in March will achieve similar processing times. It all depends on demand; the more applications submitted at any given time the longer the average processing time will be; if fewer then obviously the average processing time will be shorter. For example my sister in law's last, successful, visit application was processed in 1 day; submitted application Monday am, text on Tuesday pm to say her passport was back at VFS ready for collection: but my step son's, also successful, application made at a busier time of year took two weeks.

The UKVI 'service standard' is to process 90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date. So applicants should allow at least 3 weeks for processing, preferably 6.

The official advice from UKVI is to not make any firm travel plans and certainly not to buy non refundable tickets until the applicant knows they have their visa.

Using an agency to help with the application changes none of the above; despite what some of the less scrupulous ones say!

7by7

Wow great info,,,,

So basically the date of travel could pass before she gets her call to collect her passport??

I thought that if it was a declined visa they would have been told by now,,,

I better tell him to hold on with his flight arrangements for a while then,,,

Cheers