Bangkok Airways "Thai Only" Promotion

Korat28

Hi,

First of all, I got this message when I was in Korat, so maybe the website got confused and thought I was living abroad. So, if anybody else tries it and the promotion works, then I guess it was an error on my end. I went on the Bangkok Airways website and got excited to see that there is a promotional fare from Bangkok to Chiang Rai for 990 baht each way. But, to my dismay, when I clicked on it, it said: (Spelling errors below were on the official website and not due to my cutting and pasting)

Sorry for any inconvenience cause.

This promotion only available for Thai resident only.
Before getting upset, I thought there may be a legit reason for them having it open to only Thai residents. Thus, does anybody know why the airline does it? Is it another example of the "provincial Thai mindset" of Thais vs. foreigners, or is there perhaps a logical reason behind it? I know the easy answer is if one doesn't like it, fly another airline. But, I figured at the end of the day when the money is paid, it's still money whether a foreigner or Thai spends it. I've experienced discounted pricing for Thais in things like museums and the like, but I figure if Thais have the financial wherewithal to travel on Bangkok Airways, they can't be doing too poorly and need assistance via exclusive promotions. Would they allow a foreigner to use the promotion if they have a work permit in Thailand? Thanks!
Edited by Korat28
  • Like 1

Thanks, my bad!! Ok then, apparently there was a mixup and it thought I was outside Thailand. Ignore my rant, lol. Everything is all good now and the mountain is nothing but a molehill. Thanks for the second opinions, I'm glad it worked on other computers! smile.png

• Like 1

The question is: is this a case of poor wording or does it really mean what it says...

There is a different between a "Thai resident" and a "Thailand resident". If you are from another country, you may be a Thailand resident, but you'll never be a Thai resident...

The question is: is this a case of poor wording or does it really mean what it says...

There is a different between a "Thai resident" and a "Thailand resident". If you are from another country, you may be a Thailand resident, but you'll never be a Thai resident...

No, that's not a question at all, it is very clear what they mean.

It's been a standard type of offer for many years.For foreigners it is usually a requirement to have a work permit and/or permanent residence.In practice I suspect hotels would be flexible if you showed you lived in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand