Licencing Procedure for Language School

simon43

I've perused previous posts on this subject, but none seem to give precise details, other than commenting 'don't do it'!

Well, since private language schools exist in Thailand, someone obviously has done it.

I'm not concerned about the company registration aspects of this type of business - that is generic to other types of business. What I am interested to read is about the actual requirements, procedures and licencing to open a language/tutor centre that will teach English to adults. (So no TEFL courses for foreign teachers and no teaching at primary/secondary school level).

At my home location of north Phuket, there seems to be no existing language centre, yet there are many hotels with needs for their staff to speak English. There is also the busy airport, with needs for English-speaking staff and ICAO-rated staff (flight control etc).

I have taught English in international/English programme schools, as well as Headmaster and Assistant Principal of the same.

I already have existing, successful businesses in north Phuket, but I have time on my hands and enjoy teaching. I'd like to do it legally in Phuket via my own language centre.

Advice/comments are much appfreciated.

Simon

• 1 month later...

You must contact the Ministry Of Education. I don't know sub-department that is directly responsible for this. Bring document such as school location , size of school ,course 's curriculum , workpermit for teachers in case they are foreigners.

Oh the school must has one person who has a quality of being school headmaster(principle) .Also you can counsolve the department above on this one.

Good Luck!!

Edited by blunty111