Phuket Immigration Nightmare

phuketjock

It is over a year since I have done an in-person 90 day report as I use the on-line reporting facility.

However, prior to using the on-line facility all that was required was the passport and bar coded receipt of the last 90 day report. (Patong office).

I really cannot remember the last time I was required to add to the wast paper stack !

Quite right, a year or more ago only the original passport and bar code were required, but more recently the Patong office started requiring the passport copies. I suspect they make it up as they go along ....

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Have a 90 day report due tomorrow. As things seem to change by the week what do I need to take with me now (last time had the form filled in etc. and still needed photocopies of things they have had a million times before)

Thanks

Copy of passport main page, current extension expiry date, and arrival card.

LIK You are almost correct except it is your departure card, not your arrival card, and you will also require a completed

form TM47.

Imagine if Thai Immigration had a website with current requirements for extensions. You could look at the current requirements, show up with them, hand them to a immigration officer, and bing bang bam, your done.

LIK You are almost correct except it is your departure card, not your arrival card, and you will also require a completed

form TM47.

The arrival and departure card is the same piece of paper, you fill it in on arrival and hand back on departure.

I've never had to hand in the TM47 card the last few times in was forced to go into Patong office when I missed the online 90 day registration window.

But as we all well know the individual officer makes up the rules as they move along. I remember a couple of years back making the 90 day in Patong with only my passport, no copies, no forms.... oh well

My last two 90 day reports at Patong - one time they wanted the TM47 the other time they didn't.

I'm fairly sure they don't need anything other than the passport, and the rest is just for the annoyance factor. All the excess paper probably just gets tossed.

My last two 90 day reports at Patong - one time they wanted the TM47 the other time they didn't.

I'm fairly sure they don't need anything other than the passport, and the rest is just for the annoyance factor. All the excess paper probably just gets tossed.

The excess paper is used for copying the various forms that we all have to fill in.

The excess paper is used for copying the various forms that we all have to fill in.

I have visions of my PP photocopies ending up at some IO's kid's school for drawing paper.

form TM47.

The arrival and departure card is the same piece of paper, you fill it in on arrival and hand back on departure.

I've never had to hand in the TM47 card the last few times in was forced to go into Patong office when I missed the online 90 day registration window.

But as we all well know the individual officer makes up the rules as they move along. I remember a couple of years back making the 90 day in Patong with only my passport, no copies, no forms.... oh well

You need to look at your passport where you will see your DEPARTURE CARD TM.6 clearly marked in

Thai and English in the top left hand corner as " Departure card. " which started life as a combined

arrival/departure card which on arrival the completed " arrival section ' of the form is torn off and retained

by immigration and the remaining " departure card " is returned to you to complete on your DEPARTURE.

I, like you, for a period just popped into the Patong office with nothing but my passport and old 90 day and

that was deemed sufficient to issue a new 90 day report printout but not anymore recently and you are of

course correct it is not possible for anyone to know what will be required on the day which is why when

advising on what they may need for a 90 day report I would advise taking a completed TM 47 form.

Have to say that my annual extension last month was the smoothest ever due to the ticketing system. For sure the volunteers need to have a rumage through your paperwork, but only to make sure you have all the paperwork and copies to prevent gumming up the works when you reach the officer. I for one was quite happy with the new system, not that it was any quicker, just saves the jostling to get the next vacant seat in front of the officer.

You got to get better at "jostling"
A 500 baht note in the passport solves jostling, queues and lunchbreaks. In and out in 15 mins with immigration

Have to say that my annual extension last month was the smoothest ever due to the ticketing system. For sure the volunteers need to have a rumage through your paperwork, but only to make sure you have all the paperwork and copies to prevent gumming up the works when you reach the officer. I for one was quite happy with the new system, not that it was any quicker, just saves the jostling to get the next vacant seat in front of the officer.

You got to get better at "jostling"
A 500 baht note in the passport solves jostling, queues and lunchbreaks. In and out in 15 mins with immigration

Are you suggesting the volunteers are corrupt ? That you can somehow force your way in front of others who are awaiting their number?

Do not try it if I am in front of you.

People like you should be thrown out of the country ............................

People like you should be arrested for bribing government officials ....

Can't be done, the holding cells would be overflowing with citizens from all walks of life, including said government officials.

Now it is time for the annual retirement extension (no idea how the 90 day report doesn't match up !)

What paper work is required now ? I have the TM7, photo's, letter from embassy for confirmation of income, bank statement (well soon) medical certificate, copies of passport.

is it straight upstairs or do I have to see the milling hordes downstairs first ?

Anything else ?

Thanks again.

Stuart

Completed TM7 + attached photo

Embassy income statement

Copies of passport data page,visa, entry stamp, extension stamp and departure card.

1900 Bht fee

Evidence of address unless previously reported and you have a "receipt of notification" stapled in the passport

No need for 'medical', or "photos"

Completed TM7 + attached photo

Embassy income statement

Copies of passport data page,visa, entry stamp, extension stamp and departure card.

1900 Bht fee

Evidence of address unless previously reported and you have a "receipt of notification" stapled in the passport

No need for 'medical', or "photos"

Since when are photos no longer required for a retirement extension ? I gave the officer two pictures when I did my visa last September and he pinned one of them to the wad of paper I gave him,

can't remember if he gave the second one back or kept it. As others have said I am sure they just make up the rules as they go along.

Since when are photos no longer required for a retirement extension ? I gave the officer two pictures when I did my visa last September and he pinned one of them to the wad of paper I gave him,

can't remember if he gave the second one back or kept it. As others have said I am sure they just make up the rules as they go along.

Photo is always required for the annual extension, one only for retirement as only one set of papers required, if married then 2 sets of paperwork required = 2 photos.

Medical certificate not required.

What a pleasant surprise today, No more copies for 90 day report.

That's this weeks rules.

I had the same experience on Tuesday. The volunteer had no idea about this though as he asked me to write my address on one of the copies I already have.

Personally I will still take a copy of the front page, departure card and last stamp as everyone knows how things change daily.

Now it is time for the annual retirement extension (no idea how the 90 day report doesn't match up !)

<snip>

4 * 90 = 360

1 year = ?

rolleyes.gif

If you go a few days "late" each time (i.e. within the 7 day grace window) you could make 4 * 92 = 368.

I remember someone who used to go on the same day of the month for the first several reports until he got fined for being more than 7 days late after about a year and a bit. biggrin.png

What a pleasant surprise today, No more copies for 90 day report.

That's this weeks rules.

I had the same experience on Tuesday. The volunteer had no idea about this though as he asked me to write my address on one of the copies I already have.

Personally I will still take a copy of the front page, departure card and last stamp as everyone knows how things change daily.

I got an email from the Phuket US Warden regarding changes at the Phuket Immigration Office:

PHUKET IMMIGRATION CHANGES

As of 03 March, 2016, the Phuket Immigration Office no longer requires copies of your passport for the 90 Day Report. You just bring your passport and the 90-day report slip that is in your passport into the office and you will receive a "serving" number. (People are being served within about 5 minutes.)

Also, Phuket Immigration has built a new office on the ground floor to service Retirement, Dependent, and Guardianship visas. The room number is 103.

The 90-day reporting, Exit/Re-Entry stamps, Tourist/Visa on Arrival extensions, Certificate of Residence and Registering Residence are handled in room 101, on the first floor.

Thank you,
--

Roslynn Andrade
Phuket Immigration
Volunteer

Send an email to her at above address asking to be on her immigration news list.

Thanks, I did not know she was doing that. She's a nice lady. It's been a couple years since I've seen her. I was starting to wonder if she was still around.

Send an email to her at above address asking to be on her immigration news list.

Thanks, I did not know she was doing that. She's a nice lady. It's been a couple years since I've seen her. I was starting to wonder if she was still around.

Yes, she's helpful, funny, a little too talkative at times rolleyes.gif, but likes to help - hence her email list which I am now on.

If anyone else wants to be on her list of recipients of immigration news, PM me and I'll send you her email address.

(Just noticed Charlie H added the "PM for info" line. thumbsup.gif)

Edited by JetsetBkk

filled in my 90 day registration online about 07.00 this morning, received email confirmation by 10.30. So easy ...

Well ... except that the Immigration website is very user unfriendly. Right from the start Explorer tells you not to use this unsafe site, not so easy to find the accept box as have to scroll down the first page, all CAPS have to be used. Takes a lot of patience.

Edited by LivinginKata

filled in my 90 day registration online about 07.00 this morning, received email confirmation by 10.30. So easy ...

Well ... except that the Immigration website is very user unfriendly. Right from the start Explorer tells you not to use this unsafe site, not so easy to find the accept box as have to scroll down the first page, all CAPS have to be used. Takes a lot of patience.

I had a similar experience last week - submitted and approved the same day, within a few hours.

Luckily, I kept my old laptop with Windows 7 and Explorer, as the Edge browser in Windows 10 will not work for this site. Specifically, the dropdown boxes to select a month for date fields doesn't work in Edge, if I recall correctly. (I tried both Edge and Firefox - no go with both).

I had a similar experience last week - submitted and approved the same day, within a few hours.

Luckily, I kept my old laptop with Windows 7 and Explorer, as the Edge browser in Windows 10 will not work for this site. Specifically, the dropdown boxes to select a month for date fields doesn't work in Edge, if I recall correctly. (I tried both Edge and Firefox - no go with both).

Windows 10 has an app which allows you to open Internet Explorer instead of Edge.

You can find it under Windows Accessories.

Just to let you know:-

My one year extension for retirement ends on the 22nd May.

There is a chance that I might not be back in Thailand by this time, so, would have to go through all the rigmarole of getting another Non-Imm O visa.

A friend I work with, lives in Pattaya and was in the same predicament. He said he went to immigration two months early with all the usual paperwork for the extension, plus a flight itinerary showing that he would fly back to Thailand after the previous extension had expired. They gave him the extension early, so, have tried to do the same thing here.

Phuket immigration won't do it.