re-entry permit

I have a one year retirement multiple entry visa and need to apply for a re-entry permit to go overseas. what information do I need to provide? do I have to give flight details for example or is the permit for general cover?

If you have a valid multiple entry visa from an embassy or consulate you don't need a re-entry permit.

If you have an extension of stay obtained at immigration you need a re-entry permit.

You do not need any tickets to show. The re-entry permit will be valid until your extension ends. They cost 1000 baht for single and 3800 baht for a multiple,

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and extension stamp plus your TM6 departure card. A completed TM8 form with attached photo.

If you do it at the airport they will take your photo for you, fill in the form and copy the relevant pages.

1,200 for single re-entry and takes about 10 mins :-)

Just make sure you go up the middles departure stairs or you don't get to the correct desk!

Not all airports have a re-entry permit desks or are open at all times or do the photo and etc.

Both airports in Bangkok are open 24/7 and offer the photos and etc.

.........I have a one year retirement multiple entry visa ...........

As Joe said, if you have a multiple re entry visa, you do NOT need a re entry permit. However, you need to leave the country every 90 days and return.

.........I have a one year retirement multiple entry visa ...........

As Joe said, if you have a multiple re entry visa, you do NOT need a re entry permit. However, you need to leave the country every 90 days and return.

Another example of the careless use use of terminology.

There is no "one year retirement multiple entry visa " !

So what is stamped in the passport ?

The form I recently filled out for this purpose asked when I would leave and return Thailand (had a box to check for single or multiple entry). No way they actually checked that info before processing, but they did ask.

You can put any date you want on TM8 application form for the departure and return dates you want as long as the return is before the date your permit to stay is valid for, Some offices will even accept it with those spaces on the form left blank.