Thai Police remind public of alcohol ban during Makha Bucha

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As Makha Bucha Day this year will coincide with Valentine’s Day, the police are on guard against sex crimes, especially ones involving children and youth".

I don't get the connection.

What connects Macha Bucha Day & Valentine's day to paedophilia?

• Like 1

But only to residents, so I hope their Valentine's day dinner package includes a nights accommodation

Hotels are allowed to sell on buddha days.

Was in a 5-star hotel last night and the staff were heavily promoting their St V's package inc a bottle of white fizz. When I asked about the alcohol ban they said it was impossible for them to comply on St V Day.

This should be a great little earner for the cops all over the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"As Makha Bucha Day this year will coincide with Valentine’s Day, the police are on guard against sex crimes, especially ones involving children and youth".

I don't get the connection.

What connects Macha Bucha Day & Valentine's day to paedophilia?

Maybe there is a minimum on word counts, to post any rubbish, who knows? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Just twice as much today and stay at home tomorrow, of course this might be a bit complicated for the locals to follow.

Great Idea................How about the Govt introduce a BEER PLEDGING SCHEME .........for every bottle you drink they give you two more ( and a bag of rice ) sounds like winner to me.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Sobriety checkpoints will also be set up on main roads in order to clamp down on people driving under the influence. If any drunk driving is found, the police will try to track down the vendor responsible.

So never mind the drunk driving find the guy who sold it!..... ah the fine for selling it is higher than the fine for drunk driving.......silly me ! alles klaar!

The offence is selling........... not the drinking. There is nothing to prevent you DRINKING on Makha Bucha Day, the law relates to the SELLING of alcohol.

The offence is drunk driving, which is illegal on everyday.

• Like 1

How l would love to own a bar. Two Saturday nights in Jan closed for election. Two weeks later closed again on a Fri night that happens to be Valentine Day (one of the busiest bar days in the year). it goes on and on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about bars, makes me wonder how things have been in Soi Cowboy these last weeks with the Asoke site?

How l would love to own a bar. Two Saturday nights in Jan closed for election. Two weeks later closed again on a Fri night that happens to be Valentine Day (one of the busiest bar days in the year). it goes on and on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about bars, makes me wonder how things have been in Soi Cowboy these last weeks with the Asoke site?

I'm pretty sure tequila shots and "other" shots as per usual

From the OP: "the police are on guard against sex crimes"

George Orwell's 1984???

Why would anyone want to sexually assault a policeman?

There are all kind of different perverts....some may like Thai Police uniforms...

... are they in effect telling everyone to stock up today so they can have their drinking binges ... and drunk driving accidents despite the ban ? .

well, not really tell, but sure REMIND cheesy.gif

.... and despite the holy day when good buddhists supposedly abstain?

Good Buddhist ??? I like your sarcasm, I really do.

I once thought, Thai Buddhism is a good thing. After having experienced Thai people, I have a different opinion about the camouflaged street beggary, and I no longer wonder why Dalai Lama visited this psycho land only twice, way back in 1967/72, and ever since, never ever again.

Slightly off topic, but I have studied Tibetan Buddhism and Thais are genuinely shocked by the images and teachings from Tibet. Indeed, there are no Tibetan teachers here. The forest monk tradition in Thailand is actually a small stream that has survived coming across from India and the Himalayas - teachings differ but they are not so shocked. The images of Lursi, tiger skin, long beard etc are not Theravadan in origin.

back on topic - if you live in the sticks, getting alcohol is never a problem. In Bangkok, you'll need to find a friendly merchant or plan ahead.

Everyone is missing the point. The Thai people are considered nothing more than misbehaving children by their government, apparently from past experience. If they don't impose legal bans, as often as possible for public holidays and celebrations, the whole country will run amok having fun, dancing, singing, heck, maybe even having sex!!! This should not happen on important religion days as it is against the basic beliefs of each of these people and if it is not made law, they might forget their own basic beliefs!

• Like 1

Did you ever wonder why so many bars are up for sale all over the country? Too many bars, too many restrictions, too many expenses you did not anticipate. The best business here is no business, its simple really but others have dreams, time for bed.

• Like 1

Officer its for medicinal reasoms I take this potion, you understand, Chang Export has malt which helps my heart, Singha helps me feel good, Sang Som gives me strength, need I go on I neeed some companee, how much,bar fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? FO giv ee me moooooore 285..............yes internally if you must,,,,,,,,,tomorrow is another day we will try againwai2.gif .

Edited by nong38

Sobriety checkpoints will also be set up on main roads in order to clamp down on people driving under the influence. If any drunk driving is found, the police will try to track down the vendor responsible.

So never mind the drunk driving find the guy who sold it!..... ah the fine for selling it is higher than the fine for drunk driving.......silly me ! alles klaar!

Indeed silly you.

Fine for drink driving is 2200 baht, fine for selling is 10 000 baht, plus another 20000 or so NOT to go to court and settle it on the spot

Indeed silly you.

Fine for drink driving is 2200 baht, fine for selling is 10 000 baht, plus another 20000 or so NOT to go to court and settle it on the spot

Lowest fine for drink driving here in Chiang Mai is 9000B plus a night in the monkey house - no chance of 'settling on the spot' if caught in one of the alcohol road blocks...

Was in a 5-star hotel last night and the staff were heavily promoting their St V's package inc a bottle of white fizz. When I asked about the alcohol ban they said it was impossible for them to comply on St V Day.

This should be a great little earner for the cops all over the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

One of the Big Boys who wants to make Big Money, finds it "impossible to comply." That's rich! "Macha Bucha Fukka Yukka," he said to the police.