How much is enough for the wife's monthly allowance?

zierf1

Haha ok I will bite on this one. Mine gets 60k a month. She used to work as Best Buy so now she gets a bunch more than she ever did. She sends some to mom and bitches every time mom calls asking for a bit more. Makes me laugh and gives me a chance to show her how it feels to have to give money. We both laugh about it. But there are rules attached to it. As nothing in life is free. It's a salary and if it is to be kept the few rules must be followed. She can go out and shopping but must have my driver take her and no going alone / I forgot to call him. As she takes care of my father and his wife (all stay in my CM place) it's easy to know what she is up to. She likes my old pops and laughs when he has a few and thinks speaking Spanish to Thai people should work just fine. Some people I know always throw out little quips like ooo I would be your gf for 60k and crap like that. Makes me laugh most have a bar star life style and can't find the right girl. It took me almost 7 years to find the one I want and I am happy I took my time. But to be honest 60k is not so much at the end of the day and she always manages to save a bunch out of it every month. When I came home from work last time I had a new 42" flat screen in my room was a nice treat and she was happy she could buy something for the house.

Everyone will have a different opinion on this but at the end is it not want makes you happy?

When you have another 60k in your budget, keep me in mind, I only want to be your maid, 555.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

To answer your question. It's never enough.

To be more specific. If she lives in the northeast, then 10,000 is enough. If she lives in the north, around 10k as well. Same goes with the South. If on the other hand, she lives in Bangkok, then 20000 is enough. This is for basics, food, rent, utilities, travel costs, misc.

It also depends whether she has a job herself or whether she has a hobby or whether she needs continuous medical care. It's a really generic question you are asking, without additional infrmation it's difficuly to pinpoint a number.

I live in the South. And the South is the most expensive place for living in Thailand. On some locations, lands are a lot more higher cost than in the central of Bkk. (Only land without buildings)

And last time I visited bkk for a month, I went out with friends and ate nice places, did some shopping. I paid about 50,000 THB.

There's no way to live within your budget.

Can somebody tally up all the amounts that have been suggested and give what it averages out to? that way if I ever get a wife I know how much to pay. Let's be scientific here...

Do it yourself you lazy sod.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Haha ok I will bite on this one. Mine gets 60k a month.

Wow lucky girl, and you, must be nice to consider that not much, would be plenty for my whole family to live on even back stateside.

Not the control freak stuff ("not allowing" her to go out on her own) would be grounds for abuse charges back home. . .

Hmm I don't know about control freak. But it's decided and fair she does not need to stay and yet chooses. I prefer she goes with someone I know for more than one reason. When she stays in Bangkok at the condo she does not know the city as well. Just loves the shopping. And what country would charge a guy with abuse for saying she needs to be with someone when she goes out? It is her choice to stay with you or not no? I am going to take a wild guess and say Australia. I think it has become a total Nanny state.

So you guys give 60k to your gf, my salary in Thailand is 50k , should I give everything to her ? Thankfully she earns her own money.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

So you guys give 60k to your gf, my salary in Thailand is 50k , should I give everything to her ? Thankfully she earns her own money.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A salary that small,50k.

You actually work for that pittance.

Or is that your weekly take home?

That's a lot more than what 90% of the English teachers in this country make - gross average is probably under 40K.

And they probably get much nicer maybe even younger/prettier girls for the much less money they spend, specifically BECAUSE it's the wealthier expats that attract the real vipers with hard-won experience under their belts.

So the ideal situation is to have plenty of money, but make sure everyone thinks you're poor.

THEN you'll get real value for your money here. . .

I give 75,000 per month, I wanted her to give up work so I pay her instead.

She gave me a good deal, considering what she used to earn being the number one superstar in Baby GoGo, she has taken a cut in pay.

[/quoted ]

True love!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

if your paying your SO monthly then she is basically just a live-in prostitute.

I'm sure a lot of guys in here think this is normal and that they have a real relationship. lol

Really? I give it to mine as when I go to work she has something to live off and go shopping with. Funny because you see this it makes you think prostitute. My sister was married to a very successful business man when she finished university. He gave her 1000 a week some 21 years ago in Canada. Why? Because it was for her to do stuff for her self. He asked that she did not work and look after the home and dogs. So when she wanted to go shopping it was what she had to spend. Money is relevant. I am no millionaire but I have a solid income so for me giving my girl 60k does not really = all that much. She no longer works. She looks after my Retired father who stays in CM. She still sends money to her mom. ( All though she hates to ). So she is a whore because of this? I think not and I think you could do quite a bit better in choosing your words. People all have different views and all I can say is yours is a little short.

To the OP, please remember, I also send your wife 15,000 Baht a month, and I know of at least one other person who does the same. So relax,

she's well taken care of.

Any chance of thrown 15K my wife's way too?

• Like 1

Many would ask why the OP has to send her money at all, while others would think it's natural and start to debate the amounts.

It all depends primarily on the persons involved, their status in their respective societies, and (consequently) what type of relationship they have.

Personally I wouldn't pay a penny. It might sound a bit cynical, but if there are requests for allowances then I'm convinced that the relationship is not based on sound fundamentals. That may still be fine for some though, again depending on their individual situation, and I respect that.

Many would ask why the OP has to send her money at all, while others would think it's natural and start to debate the amounts.

It all depends primarily on the persons involved, their status in their respective societies, and (consequently) what type of relationship they have.

Personally I wouldn't pay a penny. It might sound a bit cynical, but if there are requests for allowances then I'm convinced that the relationship is not based on sound fundamentals. That may still be fine for some though, again depending on their individual situation, and I respect that.

Do you live with her?

Do you live with her?

Yes, and as long as she has her own job and income (which I expect from any healthy woman, whether Thai or not), neither she nor her family asks for or will get any allowance from me. Admittedly though, we are not married as we have no interest in that. However, she knows and accepts that this principle will not change even if we would get married. So why does she stay with me? Well, I don't know, but it's likely not due to me being a walking ATM.

To the OP, please remember, I also send your wife 15,000 Baht a month, and I know of at least one other person who does the same. So relax,

Depends what she looks like, I probably do.

She's a stunner with a penis.

I'm sure a lot of guys in here think this is normal and that they have a real relationship. lol

Really? I give it to mine as when I go to work she has something to live off and go shopping with. Funny because you see this it makes you think prostitute. My sister was married to a very successful business man when she finished university. He gave her 1000 a week some 21 years ago in Canada. Why? Because it was for her to do stuff for her self. He asked that she did not work and look after the home and dogs. So when she wanted to go shopping it was what she had to spend. Money is relevant. I am no millionaire but I have a solid income so for me giving my girl 60k does not really = all that much. She no longer works. She looks after my Retired father who stays in CM. She still sends money to her mom. ( All though she hates to ). So she is a whore because of this? I think not and I think you could do quite a bit better in choosing your words. People all have different views and all I can say is yours is a little short.

It's a mistake to pay a woman for doing something she should do out of love for you.

Explain away your sister's behaviour, explain away your wifes behaviour.

I pay mine, I know what she is, I don't have a problem with it.

BUT, I also understand I owe her nothing, as I am paying as I go.

If I were in an equal relationship, she would have to earn her own money.

PS

You can hire a qualified full-time nurse for a 15k / month in CM.

You are overpaying unqualified help.

Edited by FiftyTwo

It's a mistake to pay a woman for doing something she should do out of love for you.

PS

My Father is not that old. He just likes to have someone around when he goes into town to shop ect. She does all the house work ect. And as I mentioned before she quit work when I asked if she would to help out. Overpaying? I don't think so but money is such a relative thing. I made the choice for 60k as I don't have to pay tax living here and it's not a large % of my monthly income. My sister left a solid career choice to live in a massive place in Toronto. He husband figured at the time that she could use some spending cash and that's what they came up with as a figure. I love the little missus. She always has a great attitude even when I am in a foul mood. She gets what I am comfortable to give and I still manage to bank a large sum for a rainy day or when I retire. So when I am off at work she can have some spending cash and as I said before in a previous post last time I came home the bedroom was fitted with a new 42" TV that she bought with the money I gave her because she knew I would like it. Sure it's from my pocket but hey it made her happy to feel she gifted me something and it was nice.

So for me with the money I make it makes me happy to give her that amount. That's why I work to make money and do with it as I see fit.

PS

My Father is not that old. He just likes to have someone around when he goes into town to shop ect. She does all the house work ect. And as I mentioned before she quit work when I asked if she would to help out. Overpaying? I don't think so but money is such a relative thing. I made the choice for 60k as I don't have to pay tax living here and it's not a large % of my monthly income. My sister left a solid career choice to live in a massive place in Toronto. He husband figured at the time that she could use some spending cash and that's what they came up with as a figure. I love the little missus. She always has a great attitude even when I am in a foul mood. She gets what I am comfortable to give and I still manage to bank a large sum for a rainy day or when I retire. So when I am off at work she can have some spending cash and as I said before in a previous post last time I came home the bedroom was fitted with a new 42" TV that she bought with the money I gave her because she knew I would like it. Sure it's from my pocket but hey it made her happy to feel she gifted me something and it was nice.

So for me with the money I make it makes me happy to give her that amount. That's why I work to make money and do with it as I see fit.

My employer also paid me a lot of money, guess what, I didn't care what his mood was either.

That's how it works with an employee, employer gets to give out the shit, employee takes it (or finds new employment).

Usually the more they pay you, the more shit you are prepared to take.

Don't confuse 'hiring an employee' with 'having a relationship'.

One you pay, the other you don't.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Very funny to think that only you are the exclusive white guy that is paying her monthly basis , sure no doubt that your girl is shut down at home waiting you to come back thailand.....please open you eyes and dont waste your money.

Did you know something about the terms "pocket money" or "big daddy" ?

Whats going on ? Crazy....sending monthly payments to a stranger ( yes if you ask in a forum is still a stranger ) that lives 20000 kms faraway , while you can save that money and enjoy with multiple womans in thailand

There is no such sad thing in this life than trying to believe your own lie , fight against that feeling that you cant trust a hooker mate....stop that headhaches and enjoy life that we have 2 days and there are many many womans in thailand

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Wavnarok

My employer also paid me a lot of money, guess what, I didn't care what his mood was either.

That's how it works with an employee, employer gets to give out the shit, employee takes it (or finds new employment).

Well then we as me and my wife think very different than you and your negative views. I suppose if that's how yours works then it's good for you. I do mine because it makes me feel good to give her a happy life on top of what we already have. Sorry bout your luck.

Well then we as me and my wife think very different than you and your negative views. I suppose if that's how yours works then it's good for you. I do mine because it makes me feel good to give her a happy life on top of what we already have. Sorry bout your luck.

You know what your wife is thinking?

Wow, didn't know that was possible.

Ah yes, I remember her. Yes she is a stunner, but that penis is a strap on. She puts it on just for you.

Ah yes, I remember her. Yes she is a stunner, but that penis is a strap on. She puts it on just for you.

I love it also.