How much is enough for the wife's monthly allowance?

zierf1

TELL HER TO GET OFF HER ARSE AND EARN SOME MONEY!

I don't get this wife allowance thing. It's like your paying someone to 'love' you.

What's wrong with that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You confuse "love" with "sex". "Love" can't be bought at any price.

Agree to disagree.

I don't get this wife allowance thing. It's like your paying someone to 'love' you.

What's wrong with that.

It most certainly can.

The stipend I provide goes up or down to reflect the amount of "love" I get.

• Like 1

What's wrong with that.

Agree to disagree.

You can't buy love, but it is available to rent.

What's wrong with that.

Agree to disagree.

You can't buy love, but it is available to rent.

Long term rent suits me fine.

Of course what you get when you pay for "love" may not be what others call the real thing.

But most of us are pretty happy with a reasonable facsimile.

And sometimes the real thing comes along, usually when you least expect it.

Like happiness, seems to avoid people chasing after it no matter what their methods.

• Like 1

I cannot fathom "paying" wife gf what ever....Thai couples work so can she. If you wanna get involved with village girls and the like or women with village mentality the precedent has been set by a number of expats before you.

15,000 is plenty if she cant manage on that she should be smart enough to get a job and you should show some authority, me i would have worked it out long before i slipped that ring on her finger and if she reneged id walk....no shortage of women in Thailand.

Im amazed to read that guys actually give monthly money. Im lucky to be with a solid girl who has a fine job and makes her own money. Give up the village girl OP and find yourself a normal quality thai girl

• Like 1

Im amazed to read that guys actually give monthly money. Im lucky to be with a solid girl who has a fine job and makes her own money. Give up the village girl OP and find yourself a normal quality thai girl

No thanks, not to my taste at all.

At least the ones I fancy have no interest in a fat bald old control freak.

Much more fun to at least start off on a purely transactional basis and then see if something "more real" develops later on.

Of course you have to keep paying, but as long as you're getting good value for money and don't threaten your long-term financial security, it's all good. . .

• Like 1

I cannot fathom "paying" wife gf what ever....Thai couples work so can she. If you wanna get involved with village girls and the like or women with village mentality the precedent has been set by a number of expats before you.

15,000 is plenty if she cant manage on that she should be smart enough to get a job and you should show some authority, me i would have worked it out long before i slipped that ring on her finger and if she reneged id walk....no shortage of women in Thailand.

not easy for old man to find a girl that making +100k but in thonglor there is plenty of them =)

No thanks, not to my taste at all.

At least the ones I fancy have no interest in a fat bald old control freak.

Much more fun to at least start off on a purely transactional basis and then see if something "more real" develops later on.

Of course you have to keep paying, but as long as you're getting good value for money and don't threaten your long-term financial security, it's all good. . .

You dont think your a controller? you have hair on your head? but you pay? the ones you fancy want to be paid?

The image i get of you is of a hard loveless person with years of baggage who trusts no female and will unlikely ever find love because you wont ever allow it to come to you, you want to be in control of every situation your in you lack self esteem and dont trust yourself to be able to make a decision regarding how you feel about a woman.

The women you meet and pay to be in a relationship with you would be a slightly more upper class village and bar girl type properly low paid office worker (but im sure you comb through the bars too) that hang out in clubs that farangs would go to.

And your delusional to think that once love magically happens she would stop wanting to get paid, as well as this particular hot bit of pussy never ever saw you as $$$$$$ in the first place.

Most Thai women and were talking about the good ones dont hang out in farang hunted clubs and bars they socialize within there own group and often stay within there area where they live and work, to meet them you would have to be introduced or work in the same company or meet them on a dating website.

The women i have met this way and had relationships with "money" never came into it, ever, i was with one for 5 ys and she would often pay for lunch or dinner, im bald little bit overweight and 16 ys older than she was, maybe im just handsum, charming and trust myself.

• Like 1

Give her nothing...and find someone on a similar intellect and earning power as yourself.

You will then be more equal in the relationship.

Learn to say NO and mean it. Then if she loves you more than your money then whenever she is in need of cash she will always ask friends, family in first instance.

If she lowers herself to sell her body....yet another reason never to trust her....then walk away and never look back.

99% of this money thing is about farangs being seduced by younger women, the fear of loneliness, a complete difference in intellect and age, a well as getting involved with poor yet greedy families.

Personally I don't give a damn about you lot screwing yourselves financially and emotionally, I am intelligent enough to control my own finances and a thai wife.

Give her nothing...and find someone on a similar intellect and earning power as yourself.

You will then be more equal in the relationship.

Learn to say NO and mean it. Then if she loves you more than your money then whenever she is in need of cash she will always ask friends, family in first instance.

If she lowers herself to sell her body....yet another reason never to trust her....then walk away and never look back.

99% of this money thing is about farangs being seduced by younger women, the fear of loneliness, a complete difference in intellect and age, a well as getting involved with poor yet greedy families.

Personally I don't give a dam_n about you lot screwing yourselves financially and emotionally, I am intelligent enough to control my own finances and a thai wife.

I think you might have the beginnings of early onset Alzheimers.

Your memory seems to be failing.

• Like 1

You will then be more equal in the relationship. My fiancé is an absolute stunner, 8,000 baht a month, what's that. I buy her high heels for 200 baht , she's happy for the month, those heels would be $600 dls here,low risk if it doesn't work out, c' mon...

Personally I don't give a dam_n about you lot screwing yourselves financially and emotionally, I am intelligent enough to control my own finances and a thai wife.

I'm guessing some guys did "find someone on similar intellect and earning power" back in the west and still got screwed over.

I take my hat off to the older gentleman walking around with a nice young thai women, if it costs a bit, so what!

Edited by Dannyboy6

Haha ok I will bite on this one. Mine gets 60k a month. She used to work as Best Buy so now she gets a bunch more than she ever did. She sends some to mom and bitches every time mom calls asking for a bit more. Makes me laugh and gives me a chance to show her how it feels to have to give money. We both laugh about it. But there are rules attached to it. As nothing in life is free. It's a salary and if it is to be kept the few rules must be followed. She can go out and shopping but must have my driver take her and no going alone / I forgot to call him. As she takes care of my father and his wife (all stay in my CM place) it's easy to know what she is up to. She likes my old pops and laughs when he has a few and thinks speaking Spanish to Thai people should work just fine. Some people I know always throw out little quips like ooo I would be your gf for 60k and crap like that. Makes me laugh most have a bar star life style and can't find the right girl. It took me almost 7 years to find the one I want and I am happy I took my time. But to be honest 60k is not so much at the end of the day and she always manages to save a bunch out of it every month. When I came home from work last time I had a new 42" flat screen in my room was a nice treat and she was happy she could buy something for the house.

Everyone will have a different opinion on this but at the end is it not want makes you happy?

• Like 1

Haha ok I will bite on this one. Mine gets 60k a month. She used to work as Best Buy so now she gets a bunch more than she ever did. She sends some to mom and bitches every time mom calls asking for a bit more. Makes me laugh and gives me a chance to show her how it feels to have to give money. We both laugh about it. But there are rules attached to it. As nothing in life is free. It's a salary and if it is to be kept the few rules must be followed. She can go out and shopping but must have my driver take her and no going alone / I forgot to call him. As she takes care of my father and his wife (all stay in my CM place) it's easy to know what she is up to. She likes my old pops and laughs when he has a few and thinks speaking Spanish to Thai people should work just fine. Some people I know always throw out little quips like ooo I would be your gf for 60k and crap like that. Makes me laugh most have a bar star life style and can't find the right girl. It took me almost 7 years to find the one I want and I am happy I took my time. But to be honest 60k is not so much at the end of the day and she always manages to save a bunch out of it every month. When I came home from work last time I had a new 42" flat screen in my room was a nice treat and she was happy she could buy something for the house.

Everyone will have a different opinion on this but at the end is it not want makes you happy?

I also give mine 60k monthly, but in kips, because she is half Laotian. I should have marry a Vietnamese girl, because I am a cheap Charlie and would rather pay this amount in dongs. tongue.png

She has a good job, given it is in Thailand. I have an OK pension which is more than her good job. We both pay the same percent of our main income on the housing expenses. I pay more actually but the same percent. So am I giving her an allowance or are we sharing expenses?

Never really understood the whole salaried wife thing.

Stop paying and she's gone, yeah, sounds like real love. rolleyes.gif

i don't understand it either. i've never given a Satang. my wife's business pulls in about 35K Bath per month. she is careful with her money, invests it, etc. she never gives a Satang to relatives. if you have to pay money to be in a relationship then you are doing something wrong.

• Like 2

sometimes I get up in the morning and after checking out of few other things go to the General forum on ThaiVisa and I see 10 of these lined up like cherries on a slot machine -- so how is that considered stalking?

photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458

its called obsessive/compulsive posting like a few others on this forum who have a number of aliases. apparently they don't have much of a life to come all the way to Thailand to sit in front of their computers posting on TV all day and night.

i don't understand it either. i've never given a Satang. my wife's business pulls in about 35K Bath per month. she is careful with her money, invests it, etc. she never gives a Satang to relatives. if you have to pay money to be in a relationship then you are doing something wrong.

Post picture of you and picture of wife.

Without seeing both, we can't judge who should pay whom, or even Steven.

You guys didn't like the pay nothing attitude.

Well today I have paid 200k baht into her account...as a gift for to with it what she wants.

She doesn't know yet and I will not say anything.

I will see if there is a different vibe in our relationship.

I am pretty sure she will return the money by monday. Infact i'm very sure.

Because mines different :lol:

Actually its a test for me to see how my stress increases, or will I feel better for doing something nice.....for a change

You guys didn't like the pay nothing attitude.

Well today I have paid 200k baht into her account...as a gift for to with it what she wants.

She doesn't know yet and I will not say anything.

I will see if there is a different vibe in our relationship.

I am pretty sure she will return the money by monday. Infact i'm very sure.

Because mines different laugh.png

Actually its a test for me to see how my stress increases, or will I feel better for doing something nice.....for a change

I think you need a run up a mountain to clear your head.

I promise I won't beat you (again).

15,000 Bath should'nt be ANY problem for her to live on even if she support her family!

If she not pay rent on a house/car ect it will be more than enough.

Does she live in a village or town?

It could also be that she by land for it, build house etc...

But no, 15000 should'nt be any problem. Kid in expensive school..?

Haha ok I will bite on this one. Mine gets 60k a month.

Wow lucky girl, and you, must be nice to consider that not much, would be plenty for my whole family to live on even back stateside.

Not the control freak stuff ("not allowing" her to go out on her own) would be grounds for abuse charges back home. . .

• Like 1

Post picture of you and picture of wife.

Without seeing both, we can't judge who should pay whom, or even Steven.

actually i forgot about the 12K in rental income from her properties, so more like 47K. you're right, i should be getting an allowance.

sometimes I get up in the morning and after checking out of few other things go to the General forum on ThaiVisa and I see 10 of these lined up like cherries on a slot machine -- so how is that considered stalking?

photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458photo-196917.png?_r=1391037458

its called obsessive/compulsive posting like a few others on this forum who have a number of aliases. apparently they don't have much of a life to come all the way to Thailand to sit in front of their computers posting on TV all day and night.

Noooooo...Don't be envious of their abilities to educate and inform our members.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand