How much is enough for the wife's monthly allowance?

zierf1

This thread is a bit funny...some say never send money to his WIFE...others say send this much...It is really quite simple..if she is your wife, and you are forced to live apart due to needing to work in the UK to make real money, then send what is necessary to cover her living expenses and some reasonable extras. 15,000 THB is what less than 300 quid a month, pretty cheap. Only you know her background and how trustworthy she is. Now she should be working, especially if no kids. but that is such a small amount of money to support your wife. And all the guys on here saying 15k is huge, well maybe time to look and see how to earn more money so that giving your wife less than 500 USD a month isn't a problem.

I send my Thai wife about 15k baht a month. Is this enough? She always spends it quickly and always needs more for something such as for her family back home. I don't want to be a lousy provider but I'm also not made out of money. How much is enough? FYI, she was never a bar girl if that's what you're thinking. Just a normal Thai lady.

Good question? I guess that depends on the Thai woman and the relationship you share with her.

My Thai wife received Land&House and a car, and gets for her and our son 15k per month food and pocket money at the moment. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I think it's absolutely " hilarious " the amount of money you " PAY " your Thai ladies! Guys have you never lived in " the real Thailand " ? most of it is 3rd world with 3rd world prices! 15,000 baht you have to be " out of your minds " .Firstly you shouldn't be paying any money to your Thai ladies.( unless you are terrified that if you don't pay them you might just end up on your own..? )

For Example : To rent a very nice condo in Pattaya costs between 5,000 to 6,500 baht ( inc swimming pool )

In the countryside in Chiang Mai & most of Issan a house will cost you from 2,000 to 3,500 for something nice.(no swimming pool)

a 30 minute Train journey in Thailand costs 5 baht. I bought a large pineapple yesterday ( delicious may i add ) for 10 baht. A thai green curry from the market costs max 20 Baht. To have a pair of shoes resoled costs 100 baht. 5 kg bag of rice costs 100 baht ( enough rice for the month! ) My monthly water bill is 60 baht. 5 litres of drinking water costs 4 baht.etc etc etc

" wake up and smell the coffee " guys ! - Some of you seem to be " herded about like sheep " ( oh an Pattaya sheep farm is only 50 baht entrance fee! " baaaaaaaa " - sheep noise )

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif

• Like 2

For Example : To rent a very nice condo in Pattaya costs between 5,000 to 6,500 baht ( inc swimming pool )

In the countryside in Chiang Mai & most of Issan a house will cost you from 2,000 to 3,500 for something nice.(no swimming pool)

I would guess if your standards are low then a 100 quid a month hovel might be ok.

I have attached a few photos of my room i rented before in pattaya. 6,500 per month.I thought it was lovely.But i have since moved because it was a lot of money to pay out when i spend most of the day outside or on the beach all afternoon ( hence not needing a swimming pool ).

But it's still expensive when for 3,500 you can get one hell of a house in the countryside in Chiang Mai !!!

Does my room really look like " a hovel " ? over to you viewers....( Loyd Grossman voice )

Farang Jaidee ( " joop joop " )wub.png

post-193254-0-56099000-1408156606_thumb.

post-193254-0-01967700-1408156622_thumb.

well 6,500 baht gets you a small studio room in Pattaya looking at the photo's. Certainly OK for a short period of time, but it's not exactly a home or a condo IMO.

Edited by mrtoad

Very Droll ....Mr Toad.... But did you know that actually there is a beach in Chiang Rai...? Its a kind of massive reservoir with its own sand at the waters edge....( taken from my new book titled " Traveling in Thailand on a budget by farang jaidee joop joop " ..... x

So is there a Mrs. Canary Sun yet?

No No Mrs Canary Sun. I meet many ladies every day in Thailand,I chat to them as friends but not easy to find a Thai lady who loves "sunshine,walks,train trips & riding a bicycle" to be honest I am not looking for a " Mills & Boon romance" just a great friend would be good! F.J

Very Droll ....Mr Toad.... But did you know that actually there is a beach in Chiang Rai...? Its a kind of massive reservoir with its own sand at the waters edge....( taken from my new book titled " Traveling in Thailand on a budget by farang jaidee joop joop " ..... x

It doesn't surprise me, there are a few inland "beaches" around, there's one in Kanchanburi to.

Give her nothing...and find someone on a similar intellect and earning power as yourself.

You will then be more equal in the relationship.

Learn to say NO and mean it. Then if she loves you more than your money then whenever she is in need of cash she will always ask friends, family in first instance.

If she lowers herself to sell her body....yet another reason never to trust her....then walk away and never look back.

99% of this money thing is about farangs being seduced by younger women, the fear of loneliness, a complete difference in intellect and age, a well as getting involved with poor yet greedy families.

Personally I don't give a damn about you lot screwing yourselves financially and emotionally, I am intelligent enough to control my own finances and a thai wife.

<If she lowers herself to sell her body>

I rented my body to my employer every day of my working life. Does that make me a bad person?

Having been "in love" with a western woman and got taken for everything, "love" is BS.

Well I will be 51 this year and have lived in Thailand for just over 3 years.In all of those years I haven't met one lady who " lights my fire " I haven't been on a date either.I would rather just stay single living my simple life.... X

• Like 2

Well I will be 51 this year and have lived in Thailand for just over 3 years.In all of those years I haven't met one lady who " lights my fire " I haven't been on a date either.I would rather just stay single living my simple life.... X

Sounds like most marriages I know of. I don't get to go on dates anymore either.

• 4 months later...

Krisb, u got it right, sending money for her to sit at home, and send more money so she can send to her family, so..,they can also sit at home...

How can u ask other people how much u need to invest to ur Thai wife to keep her happy? If it's really ur wife, u should have the answer urself better than anyone...

OMG! Have you seen how much things cost in Thailand? The rent, the food, the beauty products, the night out with a friend, the transportation, the family needs, etc. 15,000 baht wont cut it, she needs at least 45,000baht to get by per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

you are on drugs you think a thai need 45,000 thai bht a month what a joke 45,000 thai bht a month get a life telling the op he should send 45,000 thai bht a month to his wife 15,000 is what he should send , a thai would want as much as she could get from a western so she could give it to her family.

I give 75,000 per month, I wanted her to give up work so I pay her instead.

She gave me a good deal, considering what she used to earn being the number one superstar in Baby GoGo, she has taken a cut in pay.

your are joking haha 75,000 a month no way some one can be that stupid

My Thai sister in law and her husband's joint monthly income is 25k, they have a house, car and 1 child as an example.

An awful lot depends WHERE she is living, if she is running with a Hi-So wannabe pack in Bangkok, then 100k wouldnt cut it,

If she is running with other hookers and partying in Phuket or Pattaya, then no 50k wouldnt cut it, but may make her cut down on clients a little.

If she is a normal girl from a typical Thai town or village, she is taking the piss !

My opinion, no matter what the circumstances, you shouldnt be paying her ANYTHING, she wouldnt have it if you werent there, unless she's on her back, so why should she get it for sod all from you ? Wake up man !

Sounds about right for comfortable living for an average family.

We live on about 30000 baht per month, sometimes less. That`s for me and the wife, upkeep of the home, our pets, vehicles and including my kids always on the ear-hole for money. We are not eating champaign dinners on that amount but we are what I describe as comfortable, we eat well and are not squimping and scraping.

My wife reckons that on her own she could easily manage on 10000 baht a month. But as you say; it depends on the types of lifestyles people like to lead.

I give 75,000 per month, I wanted her to give up work so I pay her instead.

She gave me a good deal, considering what she used to earn being the number one superstar in Baby GoGo, she has taken a cut in pay.

Pathetic - what a loser. LOL

• Like 2