how to get Thai tax code?

Good evening everybody,

is not long that i arrive here in thailand and i am on a student visa. I already move my residence here in thailand, and in order to become not resident in my country my bank ask me for a thai tax code?

How can i get one? How it work?

thank you so much

Just visit your nearest Thai Revenue tax office and ask for a taxpayer card upon which they will type a unique ID number for you. It's done immediately and at no cost.

Later, if you pay any income tax in Thailand the number on your card is used to identify you on your tax forms.

Also sometimes immigration requests to see your tax card, copy of last year's tax return forms, or tax payment receipt when you go to get a year's extension on your visa.

Edited by Fookhaht

thank you so much. I don't have to bring any document with me except my passport?

i am actually on a student visa and if they ask me why i need the number, should i just tell them that my european bank ask for it?

it will be ok?

thank you so much , is really important for me.

• 2 months later...

That link goes nowhere that I can see no matter what browser I use. Would someone please copy and paste the information from that search here so I can see what it says? I can't get the search part of it to work either. Thanks.