Farmers call time on Yingluck's rice farce

webfact

I hope somehow someday that farmers could have better treatment and more income. But to be literally robbed is outrageous! They produce the staple food in our diet, but get barely anything for their perseverance. Very sad indeed.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Red lovers will be here soon to explain everything.

But this enormous pigfuc_k is not going away and the fact that PTP shows no remorse and will never step down, even after ripping out the souls of Thailand's farmers, is despicable.

Nope. the Reds here conveniently disappear from these threads that detail the magnitude of the rice graft

• Like 1

Communist policies carried out by a democratic government, that is capitalist, is often going to result in disaster. And to create these policies, without having the funds in place to implement them is inviting disaster. Farmers work with cash flow, to plant their next crop. Rice is one of the least profitable crops out there, and most rice farmers live hand to mouth. The government goombahs (ministers) must know this. So, why would they even consider carrying this out, and inviting these problems? Are they even less capable than we already thought? Is that possible?

• Like 2

This amount is equivalent to the standby credit that the IMF set aside for Thailand in 1997 when the country went bankrupt at the height of the baht crisis

Thailand current GDP $645 billion (source CIA factbook), i.e. 2.5% of Thailand GDP. 1997 GDP was $150 billion (from Wikipedia in todays dollars), i.e. the economy is more than 4 times bigger than it was in 1997.

Crude scaremongering propaganda.

The same truckloads of paddy are going into the scheme, coming out, then going back in again, in a procession Thais liken to wien thien - pilgrims circling the temple

Some corruption no doubt. I note Bluesky hinted that the LopBuri fire might be to cover missing stock. It burned 14 tonnes, i.e. 14 /20,000,000 = 0.00007% of Thai rice production. And the unproven claim they make is a missing 3500 tonnes, i.e. 3500 / 20,000,000 = 0.02%. Yet they use the word 'rampant' for 0.02%! More propaganda.

Given this scheme replaced the Democrat subsidy, which was a paper transaction and far easier to corrupt, it likely reduced the corruption by making it harder to cover up! The rice would be missing so a stock count would reveal the missing rice! Which is why they claim the fire is a cover up.

The farmers have been calling for the government to pay them the money it owes since October - more than two months before Yingluck's House dissolution. But Yingluck and her ministers took no action

They issued a bond, which came out November 14th, sadly scuppered by Suthep's marches (started November 3rd).

Instead of resigning to assume responsibility for its failure, Yingluck insists on sticking with her caretaker-premier status, hoping that a miracle will bring her back to power. No chance.

She resigned as PM, that starts the constitutional election process. Your candidate didn't want to win votes, he wouldn't even stand for election, he just simply decided that he should have power and yet he's not even the leader of the Democrats let alone the elected PM.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Red lovers will be here soon to explain everything.

But this enormous pigfuc_k is not going away and the fact that PTP shows no remorse and will never step down, even after ripping out the souls of Thailand's farmers, is despicable.

Nope. the Reds here conveniently disappear from these threads that detail the magnitude of the rice graft

It is too hard to deny ... so they ignore it.

Lets cover some of the fluff. The substance of the article I covered in this comment.

At least five farmers have committed suicide.

Suthep's protests have so far killed 10 people, 6 people alone got shot at Laksi by his guards.

Millions of rice-growers are being saddled with insurmountable debt. When farmers, who are the backbone of the country, go bankrupt, how will Thailand remain standing?

Suthep is trying to block bank loans to them, so they're stuck with expensive black market loans.

So this statement is pure hypocritical garbage:

Suthep Thaugsuban, leader of the Occupy Bangkok Movement, has received Bt24 million in donations from the public and handed it over to pay for the farmers' legal fees and other court expenses.

And as long as the EC delays elections, then the government can't borrow to pay the bills either. It can't pay out in seats that haven't voted for fear of being accused of vote buying. So if Nation really wanted to help the farmers, it should be campainging to get the elections done in accordance with the Constitution of Thailand.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Yep , this Rice Scam will be a case study in Universities around the world at what NOT TO DO !! ........... PS Funny thing is the Government and the Red Shirt Fan Club STILL haven't come to thier sences and realised what a farce it has been ... .....whistling.gif

the government and might I add the red leaders are involved in this to the hilt, like I've been saying for weeks - they will not step down because only then will the true extent of this grand theft be exposed

we have a red leader opening an airline - I suppose he can justify exactly were he got the money, that red leadership salary must be huge

I would also like to know more about the Nattawut transport companies.

Down in Nakon Si Tamarat, they carry out rice and nobody knows where this rice went to.

Same for Ang Tong tonight.

• Like 2

@BlueNoseCodger

There's none so blind as them as won't see

Then enlighten me, because I crunch the numbers and this story is garbage.

Also the motives involved, on the one hand Suthep is blocking bank loans to farmers and spoiling bond sales from the government, and the next minute he's trying to cosy up to farmers and pretend to encourage bank loans.

One minute their vote is 'not quality/worthless' and the next he's cuddling them in a show of support!

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Terrific article. Indeed, the public has been lulled into stupefaction by the Yingluck administration's spin that it is still a parliamentary-backed government, with all the powers therein. It's a complete fiction, and their inability to delegate monies to the farmers is proof of that. And now they are trying the unconstitutional means of approaching the banks - not as a parliamentary-backed administration - but as casual observers, asking that the loans be approved - not from a formal parliamentary standpoint - but as a gesture of goodwill. It is yet just the most recent unconstitutional act of this administration. And it's happening before our very eyes.

@BlueNoseCodger

Also the motives involved, on the one hand Suthep is blocking bank loans to farmers and spoiling bond sales from the government, and the next minute he's trying to cosy up to farmers and pretend to encourage bank loans.

One minute their vote is 'not quality/worthless' and the next he's cuddling them in a show of support!

Address the issue directly please. half factual non-sequitur responses seem to be the default debate strategy for you Reds

• Like 2

BlueNoseCodger ?? More like BlueNoseTroughEater.

Read the article again with clear Glasses on.

Your here less than a Month and you know better cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Have a coffee1.gif

BT wai.gif

The farmers are not fooled either.

400.jpg

The sign says (paraphrased) "Suthep do not use the farmers voice to back your case".

post-199953-0-29075500-1392356102_thumb.

The signs here say "Singburi farmers, ask Suthep, stop blocking the bank", "Pigit farmers, beg Suthep do not hurt the farmers" etc.

Yellow faded sign (in the lower picture) puts it more bluntly, "[Word similar to Chav] Suthep, you call the farmers Buffaloes, and you try to borrow farmer to join mob, why don't you [offensive remark]".

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

BlueNoseCodger ?? More like BlueNoseTroughEater.

Read the article again with clear Glasses on.

Your here less than a Month and you know better cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Have a coffee1.gif

BT wai.gif

The farmers are not fooled either.

400.jpg

The sign says (paraphrased) "Suthep do not use the farmers voice to back your case".

attachicon.giffarmers-not-fooled.jpg

The signs here say "Singburi farmers, ask Suthep, stop blocking the bank", "Pigit farmers, beg Suthep do not hurt the farmers" etc.

Yellow faded sign (in the lower picture) puts it more bluntly, "[Word similar to Chav] Suthep, you call the farmers Buffaloes, and you try to borrow farmer to join mob, why don't you [offensive remark]".

you do realize this is only according to you and that these are reds and have been fed red bullsh*t stories, why is it the papers are saying the farmers are attacking yl/ptp and joining in the protests,yout ops are so totally fake and full of garbage, you dont even say where or when it was supposed to have happened, mate get a life

• Like 2

@BlueNoseCodger

you crunch the numbers and use bullsh*t figures and innuendo, you biased one sided garbage is nothing but fantasy. If this scheme was above board why cant the ptp even give up to date figyures on any of it, why cant they say how much rice has been stored/rotted/sold, why cant they tell us how much money has been lost on iot or even where it has gone. All you are quoting is crap and nothing to do with any of it, you simply avoid telling the truth and try to use lies and innuendo, the brown rings on your ankles are really showing up now.

Thailand current GDP $645 billion came from CIA factbook, this link

Thailand 1997 GDP, $150 billion came from Wikipedia, "GDP at current prices USD billions... 150.891).

From the article "The Yingluck government earmarked Bt500 billion (US$16 billion-$17 billion) for the rice scheme." 16/645 = 2.48% rounded up to 2.5% of GDP

From the article "Thailand produces about 20 million tonnes of rice a year", 3500 tonnes of rice missing accusation came from here.

My allegation that the Democrats scheme was easier to corrupt is based on the fact their scheme is a subsidy, which doesn't itself cause a transfer of physical goods. i.e. any irregularities in PT's scheme can be detected by a stock check.

The 14th Novermber bond failed and that was likely caused by Sutheps attempt to overthrow the government starting 3rd November.

Me thinks your full of Shi_...............whistling.gif ----------------------bah.gif

@BlueNoseCodger

you crunch the numbers and use bullsh*t figures and innuendo, you biased one sided garbage is nothing but fantasy. If this scheme was above board why cant the ptp even give up to date figyures on any of it, why cant they say how much rice has been stored/rotted/sold, why cant they tell us how much money has been lost on iot or even where it has gone. All you are quoting is crap and nothing to do with any of it, you simply avoid telling the truth and try to use lies and innuendo, the brown rings on your ankles are really showing up now.

Thailand current GDP $645 billion came from CIA factbook, this link

Thailand 1997 GDP, $150 billion came from Wikipedia, "GDP at current prices USD billions... 150.891).

From the article "The Yingluck government earmarked Bt500 billion (US$16 billion-$17 billion) for the rice scheme." 16/645 = 2.48% rounded up to 2.5% of GDP

From the article "Thailand produces about 20 million tonnes of rice a year", 3500 tonnes of rice missing accusation came from here.

My allegation that the Democrats scheme was easier to corrupt is based on the fact their scheme is a subsidy, which doesn't itself cause a transfer of physical goods. i.e. any irregularities in PT's scheme can be detected by a stock check.

The 14th Novermber bond failed and that was likely caused by Sutheps attempt to overthrow the government starting 3rd November.

• Like 1