Very slow internet

heybruce

This is with fibre optic into to my building with only 63 rooms half vacant.. this afternoon it was down from a slow walk to a crawl.Better now actually.

Maybe the Govt have slowed it down due to the police closing down the demonstrations in BKK tomorrow?

3306345379.png

Edited by justcruisin

We only have one option, because we're out in the country. It's TOT at 590 baht a month for 6 Mbps. That's the fastest available. TOT is the only available. Currently, our Download is 5.26 Mbps and our Upload is .43 Mbps. Good Luck!

from my iPad in Cha-Am

I just tested mine with one of those apps

Up and down both less than 1mb and ping 112.

The results mean nothing to me, what is ping?....and why would a rest here go to server in Hong kong.

The uneducated amongst us spent yesterday deleting files,cache, reinstalling apps,clearing up memory space thinking it was a problem with the phone.!

6 weeks ago i was getting Ping of 50/80 now common is 200 and few days ago it was 500+

it's infuriating but TIT

I was wondering if it was linked to the protests

Probably not, but if any group wanted to cause problems, they should consider shutting down the internet as opposed to shutting down the airport or blocking traffic. That would get people's attention.

I have a 3BBB here in the building. Yesterday it was so slow some of the pages would not even connect. I plugged in my AIS 3 G stick and was instantly back to normal. can hardly wait to get my 13M wire in from True next week.

Maybe that will work, but finding the best internet in a particular area is often a matter of trial and error. That's why I advise against agreeing to long term commitments.

I switched to 3BB less than a year ago because True was incredibly slow and unreliable in my building. 3BB was a huge improvement. I made the OP last night because yesterday was very slow (I didn't do any kind of test to quantify) after months of acceptable service. It seems to be back to normal today.

When I signed up for 11M service, the best I was able to get was 7M. I contacted True, and they sent a tech over who, after a series of test, discovered that the problem was in my building's wires, rather than their service. I paid the building 600 baht to change my wires, and was then able to consistently get 11M... except on Sundays and Holidays. As long as I get 11M as 'usual' download speeds I can put up with times when the server is overloaded.

is it just me? the internet has been almost unusable for more than 50 hours now. takes up to 2, maybe 3 minutes to load a page. connections to bank websites time out before a log-in can complete. email (even if sent from a computer in the same room from/to the same provider) takes up to 9 hours to be delivered. reminds me of 1988 or thereabouts! can't get any work done at all. can't pay my credit card bill.

took almost 5 minutes for "edit post" to complete!

3309306180.png

Edited by Oscar2