First experience requiring an ambulance in Thailand after being here for 12 years.

Kaymcdonnell

I got to ride in an ambulance last year. Apparently it took about 1/2 an hour to get to Chalong. Less time back to BKK Hospital using bells and sirens.

Good service, bed to bed, I got to lay down for the trip, with a pretty young nurse holding my hand. And all for the huge sum of 800 baht. Not much more than the cost of a ride in a small, open farm truck driven by an armed, drunken criminal!

"Not much more than the cost of a ride in a small, open farm truck driven by an armed, drunken criminal!"

You've been to Oz then?

Hey! The Ambos do a great job in Oz!!

If it was not for Ambulance drivers in Australia I would be dead. They are caring competent people who do a great job despite the pressures on them. The last thing I remember after my accident until waking up in hospital is the caring eyes of the girl who saved my life. I will never forget them.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Good service, bed to bed, I got to lay down for the trip, with a pretty young nurse holding my hand. And all for the huge sum of 800 baht. Not much more than the cost of a ride in a small, open farm truck driven by an armed, drunken criminal! A'

Hmmm? I wonder if someone will take a lesson from this and try for an ambulance ride from the airport to their hotel ?