How to say "be careful" and "gently, please"

Grawburg

So, how does a person clearly identify which massage shop does or doesn't perform 'extra services'..??

Believe me, I get a massage at least once a week and on the occasion when my favorite shop is closed, I heve gone to others and quite a few would much prefer providing 'extras' instead of a good Thai Massage. Then I also discovered where the shop owner will say 'no hanky panky', even to say so in a sign, but the individual masseuse plays games to get customers aroused...

i.e. NO BJ in bold letters really means whenever the owner is watching.

I have the opposite problem here in Florida. All non-Asian massage plaaces have a strict "no hanky panky" policy. If you even so much as bring up the topic, you will be asked to leave and banned permanently! (if you male, that is... for here in feminist land, everyone knows that men are all perverts, pedophiles and rapists).

In the Asian places, they charge $70-80 for an inferior massage, but you do get a "table shower," where the girl washes your dick and ass thoroughly. With 10 minutes left, she runs her fingers very lightly over your body, then asks if you want your dick massaged. If you say yes, she will jerk you off and try to make you cum quickly. For this, she expects a $40 tip! It's a rip-off - especially after you have experienced much better in Thailand for $10 total.

I am sticking with the non-sexual massages now for $50. Much better experience. I can jerk off later at home for free....

Edited by risky11

เบาๆ bao-​bao - softly

ค่อยๆ kôi-​kôi - gently

There is a slight difference in meaning but they can often be used interchangeably. เบาๆ bao-​bao is often used with "Please turn down the music." or "Quiet please."

My first reaction to the question was นวดค่อยๆ nûat kôi-​kôi - massage gently.

if you speak 2 words of thai overhere, people tend to think you speak it fluently and understand everything

that is one thing that keeps me from speaking thai, loooooooooool

MAI PUUT THAI

just scream when it is too hard

"Mai puut thai" won't be well understood - the words are all mixed up as Thai grammar is not the same as English grammar. You wanna say "puut thai mai dai."

The quoted sentences are pronounced and translate as follows

1) ระวังหน่อยนะ มันเปราะบาง

rawang noi na, man prabang

be careful (the rest does not make any sense to me, must be google translate)

2) นวดเบาๆ อย่าใช้แรงมา

nuad bao bao ya chai reng ma

please massagegently, do not use too much force

"be careful" is simply "rawang"

"do it gently" is simply "bao bao"

1) I have a guy I take pictures to get framed. I have two pieces of artwork and the art is actually a design made from butterfly wings. How do I tell him "be careful" "handle gently" "this is fragile."

2) How do I tell the foot massage ladies to not rub my feet so darn hard? How do I say "gently please" "not too hard"

Thanks...if you want to suggest full sentences that fine as I can speak some thai so I don't need to speak in fragments.

Two different scenarios and am curious if the words are at all the same...

The quoted sentences translate and are pronounced as follows:

1) ระวังหน่อยนะ มันเปราะบาง

Rawang noi na, man prabang

Be careful, it is very thin

2) นวดเบาๆ อย่าใช้แรงมา

Nuad bao bao, ya chai raeng maak

Massage gently, do noit use too much force

Careful = rawang

Gently = bao bao

The first sentence is more correctly translated as

1) ระวังหน่อยนะ มันเแตกง่าย

Rawang noi na, man taek ngai

Be careful, it is fragile

In both situations, simply saying “rawang, bao bao” would be adequate

softly in thai is ---BOW BOW ????? CAREFUL IS RAWANG [LONG ] NOTE THE SHORT RAWANG IS BETWEEN ----

"softly, gently" is not pronounced "bow" (like in BOW and arrow), but ba-o

"be careful": rawang

regarding the long and short "rawang" the opposite is the case.

the "short" rawang means "be careful" ระวัง

the "long" rawaaaaaang means "between" ระหว่าง

How do you say No Teeth, Please...

You see, this is something I mentioned to thai visa when I filled out their survey. How do you stop or separate the serious and intelligent posters from those stupid, redneck, foul mouthed types that want to turn a serious subject into a forum of dirty innuendo.

Wow a tongue and cheek joke and you fly off the deep end. Must be tough living life wound up so tightly.

The original poster's responses, phonetically in English:

1. rawang nawy na .... man praw' bang (lit. "please be careful, it's fragile")

2. nuat bao bao ... yaa chai raeng maak (lit. "massage softly, don't use much strength")

No. 1's right on the money, don't forget the "khrap" or "na khrap" at the end of the sentence.As for no. 2, you could say,"Bao bao noi, da mai, jaah?".

don't forget the krub. it is critically important in many ways, especially if the person has never heard you speak thai and will be listening for English, and thinking it is some other language that they will never be able to comprehend. the krub will snap their powers of concentration into focus and then when you repeat it they will be in a listening mode and might just get the communication.

• Like 1

How do you say No Teeth, Please...

You see, this is something I mentioned to thai visa when I filled out their survey. How do you stop or separate the serious and intelligent posters from those stupid, redneck, foul mouthed types that want to turn a serious subject into a forum of dirty innuendo.

Wow a tongue and cheek joke and you fly off the deep end. Must be tough living life wound up so tightly.

No teeth ! hahahaha.

Just tongue and cheek! hahahahah

Thanks everyone...well, mostly everyone. I've managed to pick out the useful phrases. :)

As for the suggestion to use google translate, I encourage you not to. As I have to translate documents between French and English as part of my work now, I've tried to get lazy and google translate. It's close, but often not totally accurate. If I don't trust it for French I'm sure not going to trust it for Thai. :)