Visa on arrival at Don Muang - miss flight and return?

HI,

I stay In Bangkok. I recently resigned from my job and the company is going to cancel my work permit and visa this week. I got a new job however the new company is not yet ready to do the work permit so I'll have to wait.

I was told that I can stay in Thailand for 7 more days, after that a new visa is required.

I have a newborn and I don't really want to go away from my wife and my son for too long.

I was wondering if I could get a visa on arrival at Don Muang without flying anywhere: I would buy a cheap one-way AirAsia ticket, pass the immigration, and miss my flight. Then I would "just" turn around and pass the immigration again.

Would that work? Seems to easy to be true...

No, it won't work, not legally anyway. You can fly out and return the same day, and if from a country on the list, you will receive a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Also, you only need to exit Thailand if you are on a one year extension of permission to stay based on your employment. If you are here on a Visa entry only, no need to leave, and under normal circumstances, there is no 7 day grace period, you would need to apply for an extension.

You will not get a visa on arrival it will be a visa exempt entry.if you qualify for it.

What you propose cannot be done and would be illegal.

You can fly out and return within hours if you want.

It would be best to fly to some place where you can get a 60 day tourist visa. A 30 day entry may not be enough time to get a work permit application done and documents to get a non-b visa.

Is your wife a Thai national? In that case you can get a 60 day extension from immigration based on your marriage/child.

If your wife is not Thai and staying in Thailand as your dependent, she loses her right to stay when you lose your job and has to leave Thailand the same day (same as you), but can get an extra 7 days or 1,900 baht.

You will not get a visa on arrival it will be a visa exempt entry.if you qualify for it.

It would be best to fly to some place where you can get a 60 day tourist visa. A 30 day entry may not be enough time to get a work permit application done and documents to get a non-b visa.

I assure you it can be done and it's not illegal. Once you pass Immigration and get stamped, you are officially "outside" of Thailand. I missed my flight once and simply re-entered, got stamped twice as departing and arriving Thailand on the same day, Immigration officer didn't even seem to notice that my exit stamp was the same day as my entry, or if he did perhaps he thought I just flew somewhere like Singapore, landed and flew back to get another 1 month in Thailand. No questions were asked, which surprised me, and I decided to rebook my flight for 1 month later, because I no longer needed to exit Thailand to get another 1-month visa.

Edited by FalangBaa

I assure you it can be done and it's not illegal. Once you pass Immigration and get stamped, you are officially "outside" of Thailand. I missed my flight once and simply re-entered, got stamped twice as departing and arriving Thailand on the same day, Immigration officer didn't even seem to notice that my exit stamp was the same day as my entry, or if he did perhaps he thought I just flew somewhere like Singapore, landed and flew back to get another 1 month in Thailand. No questions were asked, which surprised me, and I decided to rebook my flight for 1 month later, because I no longer needed to exit Thailand to get another 1-month visa.

It certainly is not legal.

If the immigration officer had noticed what you did you can be sure it would not of been a pleasant experience.

Some low-lifes will be doctoring their booking pdf with next month's date and just using the airport as a rubber stamping turnstile.

"Opps I missed my flight, Opps I did it again, Opps...."

I wonder what immigration would do when the falang eventually got pulled over ?

Edited by RandomSand

If the immigration officer had noticed what you did you can be sure it would not of been a pleasant experience.

It's not illegal to miss you flight.

Is it illegal to take one month in order to re-book flights and arrange stuff, too ?

It's not illegal to miss you flight.

Is it illegal to take one month in order to re-book flights and arrange stuff, too ?

You don't understand. I got stamped out, missed my flight and so I had no choice but to re-enter and get stamped back in again, thus giving me 1 extra month in the Kingdom of Funland. I was actually quite pleased that I didn't have to fly to Singapore, wait 3 hours there and fly back again. I might accidentally miss my flight again next time.

Then I would "just" turn around and pass the immigration

You appear to be a very self centred selfish individual, and the word "just" in your original posting is the key! It's not just a case of you trying to pull a flanker and just missing your flight and then just remove yourself out of the airport and back into Thailand.

What about the hundreds of legal sensible co passengers, some with young infants, some with schedules to keep not to mention the expense of an aircraft occupying a parking slot, or the ground staff with a push back tractor hooked up, all sitting there whilst you Mr Selfish are being searched for,then after considerable time, not finding you having to spend more time removing your checked in baggage, that's if you had any of course, and the way you are spouting you probably would not have.

And then we have the next hold up, because you in your selfish wisdom held up the plane, which then has to sit and wait for a free slot to appear which could be a considerable time.

Nice guy !!!

NOT

Your exit stamp will be cancelled. You will get up to 7 days extension to "not miss flight" again

Flyback to KL without VISA with return same day can give you 30 days. Do not try to obtain VISA in KL, they actually not issue tourist visas for foreigners exempt Malaysians now.

More WISE fly to Penang and obtain tourist VISA.

A wee bit off topic...

But...

If an immigration officer breaks the law (tea money etc) it is a grave crime to bash the entire department.

But wilfully missing a flight for ulterior reasons if fully justified!

What sort of 'thinking' is this? Someone should be da_mn ashamed of himself.

I once missed a flight at Don Muang. A staff member from the airline took me back to immigration at departures where a red "cancelled" stamp was placed over the departure stamp and that was that.

I don't see how the op's scenario could work any way but fraudulently because in order to re-enter he would need to submit a TM6 arrival card with the arrival flight number. Those cards are (or at least used to be) subsequently sorted by immigration into batches according to arrival flight number.