Bizarre Shadowy Paper-Based Payment System For The World

Essential reading for who and for what purpose? I suppose it was meant to be be amusing but any attempt at that was lost among the idiocy.

More relevant to us in Thailand at the moment is the toing and froing about Bitcoins. BoT say that because Bitcoins, even if only traded in Baht, fall under foreign exchange control legislation, because they could be exchanged abroad.

Cue a Thai grey market in bitcoins.

For optimal performance you should read this while you listen to Max Keiser and rub silver bullion on your testicles while wearing an aluminum foil hat to protect against the NSA.

I've often thought there may be a gap in the market for a Financial Markets themed go-go bar.

Essential reading for who and for what purpose? I suppose it was meant to be be amusing but any attempt at that was lost among the idiocy.

More relevant to us in Thailand at the moment is the toing and froing about Bitcoins. BoT say that because Bitcoins, even if only traded in Baht, fall under foreign exchange control legislation, because they could be exchanged abroad.

Not relevant at all, as next to no-one uses bitcoins. Unless you're a criminal, I just can't see the point. Much easier to use cash or credit card.

Not relevant at all, as next to no-one uses bitcoins. Unless you're a criminal, I just can't see the point. Much easier to use cash or credit card.

According to a report on CNBC the first Bitcoin ATM has opened in Texas.

This makes no sense; anything can be exchanged aboard for a foreign currency (pencils, books, flip flops...).

I should go down to the flip flop vendor at JJ market and tell him he can't sell flip flops anymore because I might buy a pair and later sell them on for GBP; so the under currency exchange laws he can no longer sell flip flops...while reassuring him that flip flops are not a currency