Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fallout from having the chief of police promoted in a criminal on the run's hotel room in Hong Kong is having the totally predictable effect that was foreseen by TVF members since the photos were circulated. RIP to the deceased who likely had no choice but to be there on the front line defending the indefencible. The unfortunate truth is that there will be scores more deaths on both sides until the kleptocratic northern amart realize the end is nigh and step down to allow the destruction of Thailand to end and some sort of reconciliation to occur.

And step down to who???? suthep???? a murderer? a dictator???????

She could step down to a non-Thaksin relative PTP MP.

And who said the protesters don't have weapons. More lies.

Please calm down.

This is just an isolated incident.

I am sure it is just an accidental discharge.

Not the fault of the protesters.

I won't happen again.

Suthep's protesters came in peace and with no weapons.

They have no weapons. And yet the shot one police dead. And throwed grenades on another so he lost his leg. Yes very peacefully.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The fallout from having the chief of police promoted in a criminal on the run's hotel room in Hong Kong is having the totally predictable effect that was foreseen by TVF members since the photos were circulated. RIP to the deceased who likely had no choice but to be there on the front line defending the indefencible. The unfortunate truth is that there will be scores more deaths on both sides until the kleptocratic northern amart realize the end is nigh and step down to allow the destruction of Thailand to end and some sort of reconciliation to occur.

What the hell is "the kleptocratic northern amart" - isn't normal English good enough ?

If the protesters could be counted by tens or hundreds of thousands on the different sites, we could legitimate their action. Irrespective of any political color or opinion, when a few dozens of people literally "highjack" several key crossroads and sites in the city for weeks, then I find legitimate that the Police (finally) takes action to free access to these key crossroads and sites. This must have come to an end and in Thailand - like in other countries - protests are often dispersed with some violence and strong action. This time - as expected - it went wrong because of armed people shooting at both civilians and protesters. The promised Bangkok shutdown did not happen, so Suthep and his troops should find other ways to demonstrate - peacefully. Blocking crossroads has no more legitimacy, just look at the number of protesters in all sites, pure and simple fact. An illegal protest can be legitimated by the number of people, but that's not (anymore) the case here; so it becomes an illegal (State of Emergency) annoyance. No partisan propaganda here, just rule of law. Or else anybody with a small group of people could occupy the streets at any time... I can understand that people are tired of Thaksin regime, no doubt about that. But protesters need a new Strategy to mobilize both people and attention.

You do realize the irony of your statement, in relation to what the red shirts did in 2010, right? (or is that too complicated for you?)

No irony. In 2010, you had tens/hundreds of thousands of people on the streets, blocking key areas for weeks. Even if we did not like it, it had some kind of legitimacy. Again the number (of people) somehow gives some legitimacy. Here we have a few barricades, mostly empty for weeks > what is the legitimacy?

Please calm down.

I won't happen again.

They have no weapons. And yet the shot one police dead. And throwed grenades on another so he lost his leg. Yes very peacefully.

where is the evidence that the protesters did it?

the verminous thugs of sutheps army need to be swept away once and for all ,they stand for chaos and undemocratic confusion using fear and intimidation

yes so that your master can come back in glory and his family can rule Thailand till the end of time....lets swep away the enemy....

This all started because of corrupt and crooked politicians and will end when Thailand is rid of them from politics.

Thai people are being led to hate each other through rhetoric of feudalism and oppression that looks noble but is only meant to benefit those in power.

• Like 2

If there is one small positive to see in this horrible mess, it is the fact that the existing government has done what any government in the world would have done, and that is arrest people who have committed offences against a legal State-Of-Emergency decree.

Just read that the SOE will be lifted because it was deemed unlawful by the court. So what legal SOE are you talking about?

• Like 1

Please calm down.

I won't happen again.

where is the evidence that the protesters did it?

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

They can't understand the difference....they are probably from North Korea or Russia or Cuba so that the elections and the Thai people mean nothing to them. They law of the jungle: Suthep the barbarian corrupted ultra convicted murderer is their hero and his malay , mandarin and hindi speakers thugs. Those second-generation Thais, who speak a foreign language at home and they think they are the owner of Thailand with their billions, say that countryside Thais from Essan and the North are not real Thais. Really ? These are the people (not real Thais, but Chinese and Indians) who are financing Suthep to cause havoc in the country in order to re-take control of their fiefdom and lower the minimum salary of their "slaves" (the real Thai people from the countryside where almost all food in this country comes from)

wrong on so many levels

Have you not heard of vote buying? Election rigging? Is the prime minster really the one making decisions?

So going on about not understanding democracy is not right, maybe you don't understand the meaning of fraud?

You forgot to mention all the poor people in the South and Central parts of Thailand where the majority of the food comes from (apart from Rice), that don't like the fraudulently elected government. Or do these people not exist in your eyes?

By saying what you say it shows your bias/ignorance as to the real situation.

Fact, many poor people do not like the Shins

It's so old hat trying to say that all of Sutheps supports comes from the rich, The fact is his support comes from many different areas of Thai Society. I'm not arguing the rights and wrongs I'm just correcting your completely false statement

And then to bring in race to the argument again shows your ignorance, check out the history of Thai/Tai timeline, Thailand is so much a mix of many different cultures that attributing the land to one group is ridiculous.

Edited by Sheryl
civility
  • Like 2

And before Tharit, Chalerm and their supporters here say that the police wasn't armed.

Those green beret guys with the guns must be some special force.

I think its funny how even heavily armed paramilitary have to put up with pushcarts and salaengs in their way ....

whatever the PDRC media are saying, the rest of the world are reporting on armed insurrection...

least the world have got it right.

If that really is the case, then it does not bode well. Suthep's protests have, in my view, two objectives: 1. They are a side show to distract attention from the real power struggle; and 2. to seize control of the government so as to influence the big decision in a particular way when the time comes for it to be made. If this really is the start of an armed insurection, it points towards the "other player" having gained the upper hand in that winner takes all power struggle. Of course, we will never know what is really going on, so this is just supposition.

Who is the other player....

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

The government is much to kind, to soft.. Thailand since month in the newspapers about bad News.. The only one responsible is the already for murderer and curruption searched Mr. Suthep...

Edited by Sheryl
civility
  • Like 1

So sad to see more lives lost because of this competition about who will get the biggest slice of the cake that Thailand is.

Some posters asked about how to solve the situation - I don't know, but for me it is clear that step one of any solution can only be to remove the Shinawatra clan and its allies from power.

The state cannot work with an ex-brother in law heading the police, a sister who is prime minister, and many other cronies in top positions.

Step two would be to find good new rules and enforcement to make sure such situation cannot happen again - although I am unsure how such framework could look.

Maybe by creating tough rules regarding nominations for senior positions and creating a political investigative agency to investigate corruption, abuse of power, nepotism, etc. with its own prosecutuor and giving at each election control over it to the opposition... mai roo.

But I fear such troubles to continue if people and especially the powermongers continue to regard Thailand's political future as uncertain and thus full of opportunities...

whatever the PDRC media are saying, the rest of the world are reporting on armed insurrection...

If that really is the case, then it does not bode well. Suthep's protests have, in my view, two objectives: 1. They are a side show to distract attention from the real power struggle; and 2. to seize control of the government so as to influence the big decision in a particular way when the time comes for it to be made. If this really is the start of an armed insurection, it points towards the "other player" having gained the upper hand in that winner takes all power struggle. Of course, we will never know what is really going on, so this is just supposition.

Who is the other player....

there is not one, there are many.

Thaksin's mistake was to become so dominant that all the other players are against him, and honestly, I can't blame the other players for trying to remove him.

He's too obvious in his corrupt ways.

Thaksin has built a "Shinawat system" that brokers power and circumvents the state's political organisation completely, it is clear that the system needs to be removed, some powers try to do so since the last coup, but how do you remove a mafia system that has the apparent backing from elections? It's no easy task when most judicial instances have been infiltrated and are controlled by mafia members.

Edited by manarak

Yes they have , the world does have it correct.

Why oh why cant these protesters use passive resistance?

If they have 'right' on their side as they and their supporters on here claim ( ignoring constantly that Suthep BUYS votes) then they should have the strength of character to lay down and resist peacefully , as Gandhis supporters so successfully did in India.

Instead they shoot a young policemen just following orders , tarnish the name of any good 'cause' they claim , and show the world they are just another bunch of sore loosers , intent on civil upheaval...

( And if peaceful protest that would win them so much more support doesnt work , well they could always educate the 'unwashed' that 'dont understand' , and try winning an election through peaceful means.)

• Like 2

Suthep men are good protesters with no weapon.

Thaksin should not have paid these police to move in with real guns. It is Thaksin's fault.

I wish that all those irrational people supporting Suthep since the beginning of his criminal protest (and all those who supported this mad dog on the lose, even for a limited time) look at this picture and feel the responsibility they bear in this useless fiasco.

But that would be too much to hope for, of course, ... So let's go on with the madness smile.png

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392708535.761357.jpg

Sent from my iPhone...

Yes, the mastermind will get his karma soon.

https://www.facebook.com/PDRCThailand/photos/a.710968452255308.1073741827.704718532880300/749520578400095/?type=1&theater

• Like 1

Suthep men are good protesters with no weapon.

Thaksin should not have paid these police to move in with real guns. It is Thaksin's fault.

Suthep men are good protesters with no weapon - Apparently you haven't see any real news for quite a while now. You really need to stop whatever it is you're smoking or drinking.

I hate to compare this to my country, but dam_n.... If a cop (or anyone) gets shot, a radius is created, people are questioned and no one can leave the area....3 or 4 blocks ok to cordon off...

What are these people thinking? Gunman gets away and for what?

In order to do what you suggest it takes cooperation from the people, organization from the police, and respect for law. You asked what the people are thinking, well it is clear to the world that they are only thinking about their own interests and not the interests of Thailand.

Three weeks ago we were in Bangkok staying right beside the Lumpini protest site. We had no issue at all.

Funny thing; the girl in the hotel said the protests were peaceful and the concierge at The Centara Central World actually said....and he was being serious!...."We Thais are peaceful people. We talk and we don't fight"!

I asked him was this before or after the (then) 15 killed and over 700 injured? "Ah, you have been to Thailand before?". Yes I have you lying fraud.

I asked the receptionist the same question and she of course just smiled.

Reality hasn't hit home fully yet..