Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah, peaceful protesters, who siege and destroy goventment property, lay down authorities work, and end up in shooting cops. Well, very similar to Kiev and Venezuela. Who goddamn is behind this? Or do you belive in coincidences?

Just asking

Ralf

And yes, compared to my home country: if you set your unauthorised foot into the properties of my PM, you'll simply get handcuffed and arrested, resistives will get shot...

• Like 1

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

It is time for the rule of law to be enforced, let the army do what they may!.

Why do you bother to post other than to stir the pot. This is full of contradictions. So of the 29 injured lets assume some were protesters then how were they injured?

Yeah i though his wife would have gotten bored of writing his stupid posts by now!

• Like 1

If someone goes to a protest march tooled up they have one thing one their mind. Using it, otherwise why take it. These worms are always in the woodwork, no-matter what country.. There is a free hotel 6 feet under for these scrotes. I can gladly be the doorman to show him to his room.

• Like 2

So many posts seem to trying to take the moral high ground by claiming those they support are better, more / less responsible, destroy the government / destroy suthep / destroy the protesters / help the farmers / hate the farmers etc. etc. The list is as long as it is disheartening.

The sad irony is that these post merely prolong the fueding and bickering which has led to such division, hatred and sadly death.

Talk about how we can solve these problems - don't add more fuel to the fire.

I agree with you but these problem are not that simple that they can be solved easily.

I think I can safely say that the vast majority want to see a return to normality, want to see the farmers paid and a government without corruption.

What are your suggestions for solving these problems?

And who said the protesters don't have weapons. More lies.

Please calm down.

This is just an isolated incident.

I am sure it is just an accidental discharge.

Not the fault of the protesters.

I won't happen again.

Suthep's protesters came in peace and with no weapons.

More lies.

I think Suriya was being sarcastic. As in cheesy.gif

RIP to the policeman. Which ever side is responsible for the killing of a police officer on duty it is a terrible crime.

I'm sorry, whichever side was responsible?

I don't think it was the police.....................sad.png

RIP to the policeman and rapid recovery for the injured

And nobody is saying it is. But you also can't be sure it was the protestors. Consider that Chalerm needs the court to approve the State of Emergency tomorrow. Peaceful protesters do not support his need. An image of violent armed protesters however, gives him very good cover, and you have to admit this "takeback" was sure conveniently timed.

Both the protesters and Chalerm have a strong motive for a dead policeman, and it is quite easy in the present environment to place a stooge somewhere to cause mayhem.

My guess is still that it was one of the protesters, but only a fool would be certain of that conclusion without much more evidence. This is a political game for keeps, and the government has repeatedly shown it doesn't care too much about the suffering of the pawns on the ground. That makes analysis of the crime much more difficult, and it is going to require a lengthy investigation. I hope we get the chance for that, because however you look at it, an innocent person was just murdered by someone.

Interesting analogy made more so by the fact that yingluck only said 6 hours ago on TV that the anti government protestors are to blame for the rice scheme non payments. So with that fresh in their mind we now have a policeman dead. So demonize the PDRC for the rice scheme. Demonize the PDRC for the violence.

Lucky that trick won't work on the NACC.

tominbkk, on 18 Feb 2014 - 19:16, said:snapback.png

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

I thought that it was rampant corruption on all sides over many years.

Comment..
Yes you are right. Thaksin exploited a poorly represented part of the country because previous governments were rorting the system for their own gain. Thaksin did not invent corruption but he raised it to an epic proportion. He also raised an interest in the power of politics in those people and it will be his dynasty's downfall when they all learn to see through the smoke & lies. Yingluk & Chalerm are merely following the master... literally. Lets face it, they can ONLY follow instructions.
Poor Thailand. How to find a way out of this mess. RIP the dead policeman. Only one dead so far today. I feared it would be much worse by now.

This is some footage from CNN the moment a grenade explodes among the police line.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2014/02/18/bpr-thai-phillips-police-clashes.cnn&video_referrer=

Well for anybody in doubt this seems to give a fairly clear indication of where the live fire and grenade came from. As far as I can see some of the police have shotguns, but not rifles.

• Like 1

This is some footage from CNN the moment a grenade explodes among the police line.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2014/02/18/bpr-thai-phillips-police-clashes.cnn&video_referrer=

Can someone tell me if those shotgun cartridges on the floor near the injured policeman would have been used to contain rubber bullets or blanks - or is there no way of telling?

Another sad day for Thailand condolences to all injured and the fathers, mothers, son, daughters of those killed and maimed.

IF, and this is a big if, this truly has, and remains a peaceful protest, it is about time Suthep made a nationwide broadcast for the protesters to stand down.

In any scenario, one death is too many and the future of the current situation is looking extremely dark.

Why should Suthep stand down his protests over this? The Thaksin Dictaroial regime is responsible for thousands of deaths in the past... War on Drugs, Tak Ban, the 2010 protests plus the on-going constant campaign to shoot at the protest sites under the cover of darkness, granades/bomb being thrown at the protestors...

The blood of all injured and dead today is on the hands of Yingluck and Chalerm - they need to be charged with murder and sent to court...

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Erawan centre says three killed, 59 injured in clash

30227140-01_big.jpg
Thai riot policemen shoot rubbers bullets towards anti-government protesters after demanding for them to leave the area around the Government House in Bangkok on Tuesday. @AFP

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's Erawan Emergency Medical Centre reported at 3 pm that two civilians and a policeman were killed and 58 others were injured in the clash between police and protesters at the Phan Fah bridge.

The centre said two civilians were killed and they were identified as Supoj Boonroong, 52 and Thanusak Ratanakot, 29. Supoj had a serious wound on his head while Thanusak had a wound on his left chest.

The Centre said a policeman, Pol Sgt Pianchai Pharawat, 45, was killed. The centre said Pianchai died of severe wounds on his chest.

Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pendith announced that a policeman was shot in the head and 17 other policemen were injured during an operation to retake traffic space from protest sites on Rajdamnoen Road.

The Traffic Police announced that the officer, who was shot in his head was killed, but no official confirmation has yet been given.

He said the officers were injured by M79 grenades and bullets even though they were using peaceful measures to retake the site.

He said police would launch more operations to try to take back the roads from protesters.

The clash started at 11:20 when police opened fire at the protesters.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-18

the government has repeatedly shown it doesn't care too much about the suffering of the pawns on the ground

As with all political disputes the problem is with politicians on both sides for whom their ego is more important that the lives of lesser mortals.

Chalerm, Abhisit, Thaksin, Yingluk.....I could go on.

Now that they started killing the police and firing at unarmed police cans the next move is for the protesters to start burning down building and malls and say well the Red Shirts did it so we can also.

Another group has a monopoly on burning, red snake.

Unarmed police and 2 protestors died. You are a true propaganda puppet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDxzwBDznXs#t=1

And before Tharit, Chalerm and their supporters here say that the police wasn't armed.

I would expect Tharit and Chalerm to lie, so that is no surprise. I'm wondering though, why try and hide the fact they are armed?

Edited by tominbkk

And who said the protesters don't have weapons. More lies.

Please calm down.

This is just an isolated incident.

I am sure it is just an accidental discharge.

Not the fault of the protesters.

I won't happen again.

Suthep's protesters came in peace and with no weapons.

An isolated incident 2people dead so that is okay would you say it if it were your mother ,father sister or brother somehow I doubt it this is now clearly out of hand the police need to round up the leaders including Suthep and lock them all up with no bail until they are dealt with by the courts

• Like 1