Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

The powers that be have tried everything. Wanted elections, got them, wasn't good enough. Yingluck resigns, got it, wasn't good enough. Tried to shut down Bangkok, but the Bangkok middle and upper class didn't have the heart or conviction to stick it out more than a week.

It was always going to come to this if the arrogant Bangkok elite didn't get their way.

They finally got Yingluck on trumped up charges.

When the red shirts come to town and destroy Bangkok don't blame the red shirts. They have no choice but to go to war.

i think the red shirt is better stay in isaan!

dont come to make problem in bangkok.

this is not red shirt city.

we dont like this people come here !!

Perhaps you'd prefer a partitioned country?

You'll find that there are plenty of government supporters from Isaan working for a living in Bangkok. They are also Thai and have just as much right to express their opinion as you.

Don't rise to the bait.It's a parody account - actually quite clever, taking the mick out of Suthep's middle class sheeple.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good grief. Yet another one that can't tell me! Instead you change the subject.

4 weeks I have asked. Someone from the UDD side tell me please.

I know the Suthep supporters already know. That's why they are protesting.

If you can't answer then all it does is make you look naive UDD supporters.

Come on guys. It aint a hard question. What does democracy mean to you (what are the principles)?

It's not rocket science:

democracy

a form of government in which sovereign power resides in the people and is exercised by them or by officers they elect to represent them.

Ahhh. We are making head way.

So how about post ballot box? You are still only harping on about elections? You have perfectly described Sadam's regime, Mugabes regime and Al Bashir's regime. Not to mention Cambodia and North Korea.

I am talking about post ballot box democracy..

Come on? Please tell me.

I yearn for the UDD definition of democracy. It has been 4 weeks and 20 minutes now.

Now without changing the subject please tell me what democracy is...

Why is it taking so long?

Edited by djjamie

Ouote

Good grief. Yet another one that can't tell me! Instead you change the subject.

4 weeks I have asked. Someone from the UDD side tell me please.

I know the Suthep supporters already know. That's why they are protesting.

If you can't answer then all it does is make you look naive UDD supporters.

Come on guys. It aint a hard question. What does democracy mean to you (what are the principles)?

kikoman

Can you not see the thread is about a policeman shot dead, What do you not understand about staying on topic, yet you rant about others that change the subject. Why should someone explain anything to a yellow supporter because they misrepresent everything, they do not see the grenade thrown by the protesters at the police. They only believe what they believe and do not try to confuse them with "facts".

Good grief..

Can't tell me what democracy is either heay?

4 weeks and 30 minutes.

BTW - Korn is in your town again promoting rice farmers. I suppose your red shirt leader or the udd supporters on the street have not mentioned this?

Maybe Korn is undercover?

Can you tell me what Korn achieved last visit to your village? I can...

Edited by djjamie

I'd like to say "Take em down, arrest everyone, stop all this nonsense". But it would be better to continue as before. Find a way to continue "care-taking" despite the protest annoyances and let his numbers continue to dwindle on their own as people get tired and leave from the lack of effectiveness that they are having and the fact that they have no real clearly formulated goal in sight anyway.

Stop all this nonsense and what then?

You are probably as new to Thailand as you are to Thai Visa. and have not been given the correct information. Yes the people are dwindling. They unlike the red shirts of 2010 have to work for a living. They are not getting paid for the protests. the people will tire and eventually disappear frown the streets but they still want a honest government and will return if the Shinawatra's continue to rape and plunder the nation.

At this very moment the rice farmers one of there basic supporters are protesting. Why is the police not dispersing them? According to the way the PTP government interpreted the 2010 clash that was started by armed red shirts Abhist and Suthep are guilty of murder. They have been charged with it. Now we have the very same thing the government has murdered a protestor so they should also be charging Yingluck and Chalerm.

Fat Chance of that happening this government does not operate under the same rules they try to impose on every one else.

That alone should call for their resignation. If you had been here for the last two and a half years you would have witnessed things that would just make you shake your head. To name one a Minister of Finance lying and when found out saying it is OK if it makes people feel good. Then when the Cabinet is reshuffled he is still there and chosen to stay in the Finance Ministry. He lied about the money the government had and now the government is saying they have not paid the farmers because of the protestors who started two months after the money was due to the farmers. Simply unbelievable. They are like an inept three ring circus with a ring master who is deaf blind and can't speak.

That is just one of the small things this government is guilty of. In the last year alone they have raised the corruption level by 2%.

OMG corruption in Thailand went up 2 whole percent last year!!!

Can you imagine how many percent it will rise if Khun Suthep takes the reigns clap2.gif

The powers that be have tried everything. Wanted elections, got them, wasn't good enough. Yingluck resigns, got it, wasn't good enough. Tried to shut down Bangkok, but the Bangkok middle and upper class didn't have the heart or conviction to stick it out more than a week.

It was always going to come to this if the arrogant Bangkok elite didn't get their way.

They finally got Yingluck on trumped up charges.

When the red shirts come to town and destroy Bangkok don't blame the red shirts. They have no choice but to go to war.

Perhaps you'd prefer a partitioned country?

You'll find that there are plenty of government supporters from Isaan working for a living in Bangkok. They are also Thai and have just as much right to express their opinion as you.

no yellows like Ponchi are not for a partitioned country - they like to keep most of the country uneducated and poor - so they keep their endless supply of cheap labor - people who clean their streets and take their garbage away, built their houses and Condos do all the hard labor and dirty work for them, maids who these showoffs don't even pay minimum wages - and an endless supply of cheap desperately poor prostitutes for the rich!

What a disgusting society! The indifference is sickening!

My (well paid and taken care of) Thai maid says she would rather starve than work for certain Thai people who look down on her because her family was to poor to afford her a good education - at least my maid has integrity - most of these shallow so called Thai wannabe "HISO's" just disgust me - whichever side they belong to.

Thailand does not need racist bigots like Ponchi - Thailand needs people who unite not divide!

Lucky there are many educated Thais out there with an open mind for change they will - after this painful period in time - ultimately lead this country into the future - for sure not people like Ponchi - they will fade away and hopefully be a forgotten thing very soon - a disappearing breed - like dirty water poured down a drain!

While i agree wholeheartedly with what you have said.. I see it at work , how some of the kids treat the school workers..

you wrote this " Thai maid says she would rather starve than work for certain Thai people who look down on her because her family was to poor to afford her a good education "

I would like to add that at least some do care about Thai peoples education. It was Abhisit's Democrat government that increased compulsory free education from P6 (11 years old) to M3 (15 years old) hence giving your maids kids at least a better chance than she had.

CNN News!!

Check out CNN News website, video taken from behind police line when the explosion took place, the rank and file police only had shields and batons, after the explosion about 6 to 8 policeman ( more or less) open fire with shotguns firing rubber bullets.

The reported stated"Police taken by surprize clearly did not expect resistance".

Check it out!

I'd like to say "Take em down, arrest everyone, stop all this nonsense". But it would be better to continue as before. Find a way to continue "care-taking" despite the protest annoyances and let his numbers continue to dwindle on their own as people get tired and leave from the lack of effectiveness that they are having and the fact that they have no real clearly formulated goal in sight anyway.

Stop all this nonsense and what then?

You are probably as new to Thailand as you are to Thai Visa. and have not been given the correct information. Yes the people are dwindling. They unlike the red shirts of 2010 have to work for a living. They are not getting paid for the protests. the people will tire and eventually disappear frown the streets but they still want a honest government and will return if the Shinawatra's continue to rape and plunder the nation.

At this very moment the rice farmers one of there basic supporters are protesting. Why is the police not dispersing them? According to the way the PTP government interpreted the 2010 clash that was started by armed red shirts Abhist and Suthep are guilty of murder. They have been charged with it. Now we have the very same thing the government has murdered a protestor so they should also be charging Yingluck and Chalerm.

Fat Chance of that happening this government does not operate under the same rules they try to impose on every one else.

That alone should call for their resignation. If you had been here for the last two and a half years you would have witnessed things that would just make you shake your head. To name one a Minister of Finance lying and when found out saying it is OK if it makes people feel good. Then when the Cabinet is reshuffled he is still there and chosen to stay in the Finance Ministry. He lied about the money the government had and now the government is saying they have not paid the farmers because of the protestors who started two months after the money was due to the farmers. Simply unbelievable. They are like an inept three ring circus with a ring master who is deaf blind and can't speak.

That is just one of the small things this government is guilty of. In the last year alone they have raised the corruption level by 2%.

OMG corruption in Thailand went up 2 whole percent last year!!!

Can you imagine how many percent it will rise if Khun Suthep takes the reigns clap2.gif

I bet it will rise 0% as Suthup said he will not be the PM. If I am wrong you can behead me. I assume you don't think I am being inapproriate as your Deputy PM said the same thing.

My head was saved 3 days ago when I said I would let anyone behead it if Chalerm removed all the protestors. I was so confident that the PTP were inept I made a bet I knew I would win. Guess what? I won.

Chalerm and the PTP are THAT incompetent.

Good luck to the Mandela of the East. Another man demonized by the gullible.

CNN News!!

Check out CNN News website, video taken from behind police line when the explosion took place, the rank and file police only had shields and batons, after the explosion about 6 to 8 policeman ( more or less) open fire with shotguns firing rubber bullets.

The reported stated"Police taken by surprize clearly did not expect resistance".

Check it out!

Democracy? 4 weeks and 40 minutes….

A lot of people died fighting for the Sudanese government as well and they were democratically elected.

Cheers

A very common misconception is that all of Bangkok is this pro yellow oasis.

In reality its split 50/50 down the middle.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/60211/final-vote-count-election-2011-bangkok/

• Like 2

CNN News!!

Check it out!

Did you also notice that the first ones to attend the wounded were the protest medics?

How can you be 100% sure that it was rubber bullets? One officer did point a hand gun (i do not think he used it)

• Like 1

"Deputy Government Spokesperson Lt. Sunisa Lertphakhawat said CMPO Director Chalerm Yubamrung had assigned the PRD to produce the special television program “Peace for Bangkok Mission” on the NBT channel."

I have expect Lt. Sunisa (author of best selling ghosted fiction works "Thaksin where are you " and "Thaksin are you OK" to say the protestors kille by the police on Chalerm's orders with the nod from Thaksin OK in Dubai were killed to international standards.

The police started violence. The police wanted violence. The police is trying to justify their own violent actions. Three people were also killed and many more are injured. Any loss of life is regrettable. Those three people were also someone's fathers, brothers and husbands.

4 killed, over 60 injured as Thai police raid protest sites

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/kyodo-news-international/140218/4-killed-over-60-injured-thai-police-raid-protest-site

Four people, including a police officer, were killed in street clashes in Bangkok on Tuesday as around 25,000 Thai police attempted to clear five sites occupied by antigovernment protesters, the police and public health officials said.

holy crap ! the leg went off !

anyway police is meant to be armed. Unarmed police is not police.

The leg went off? They must have sown it back on for the pictures when he was being carted off on a stretcher.

I think that was his riot gear (shin pad) being blown off.

In many other countries, riot police are unarmed. When they're dealing with rioting protesters they don't really want to take a chance of them losing their firearms.

If they are carrying firearms, I don't think they need to bother carrying riot shields.

oh ok, i thought is his leg.

470028355_1392733082.jpg;r:width=580;sta

Practically was. Poor sod. He's a hero for trying to kick it away.

So PDRC mob are armed with hand-grenades too it seems, so Friday's bomber hand grenade, that was almost certainly PDRC themselves (white cap man).... now we confirm they have hand grenades.

One key democratic principle (the one at issue) is not having the country being run by an unelected council of "good men". The reason why people keep repeating that simple principle to you is simply that that is the controversial issue at hand. It shouldn't be too hard to understand.

The leg went off? They must have sown it back on for the pictures when he was being carted off on a stretcher.

In many other countries, riot police are unarmed. When they're dealing with rioting protesters they don't really want to take a chance of them losing their firearms.

If they are carrying firearms, I don't think they need to bother carrying riot shields.

I also saw that fly, it was stated he lost a big piece of his calf muscles as he laid on the ground after the explosion his leg was still attached but heavily damaged. yellows are saying the police dropped the grenade, 'what a crock' it was thrown from the direction of the protesters and hit one of the shields.

• Like 1

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Oh God, enough with this type of nonsense.

RIP to those have been and will be murdered by the paid yellow thugs.

And a speedy recovery to those injured it trying to return the streets to the public.

It's possible that tominbkk is referring to the fact that Abhisit and Suthep were charged with murder for deaths that were the responsibility of the army rather than suggesting that Yingluck and Chalerm are actually to blame.

Do you really know that this killing was carried out by someone who was paid or are you just ranting.

RIP of course but you seem to be as guilty of nonsense as tominbkk.

I also saw that fly, it was stated he lost a big piece of his calf muscles as he laid on the ground after the explosion his leg was still attached but heavily damaged. yellows are saying the police dropped the grenade, 'what a crock' it was thrown from the direction of the protesters and hit one of the shields.

Kikoman,

See my posts in this thread. The PDRC they videod as witness is carrying a police uniform, he's one of the fake police they spotted earlier! He has one of those black bandana head scarfs too, we've seen those on a PDRC group that posted a selfie before deleting it.

We can see PDRC have hand grenades now too, Fridays/Sundays hand-grenades thrown at their own people now seen remarkably familiar!

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

It is time for the rule of law to be enforced, let the army do what they may!.

No Thaksin is to blame for this, see we can continue this name blaming for eternity. It is quite apparent from photos and news footage that the majority of the injured are not police, so are you stating protestors are hurting fellow protestors.

Murder should be added to the list of Suthep's crimes

• Like 2

I'm curious as to what type of grenade it was.

Just to clear things and that it was not from a M79 or M203 launcher (which I have fired in the military) as can see by a crop of the photo below. Appears to be a M67 fragmentation hand grenade except not sure why the white band around it. Also, the 2nd crop of the video I did shows the trajectory of the grenade coming from low at the right and going higher hitting the shield so would appear to have been thrown from a distance and skipped off the ground before rising again.

Grenade type seen clearly in 1st photo

post-566-0-06490400-1392745473_thumb.jpg

Trajectory of grenade right to left. Arrows pointing to the green/grey blur show the grenade in motion.

post-566-0-51349400-1392745605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Relax guys, it wasn't the PCAD who had weapons and were firing at and killing the police, it was 'mysterious people' who then left the weapons behind them which the innocent PCADers picked up.

You couldn't make it up. cheesy.gif

RT@Aim_NT: Suthep said a group of mysterious ppl helped attack the police. Police fled, protesters seized guns, ammunition.

You couldn't make it up

Suthep did.

The voting system in Thailand is completely ridiculous. You can't vote where you are currently living. Is it like that anywhere else in the world?

in thailand is the same.

you must vote in your home.

for this people the home is not in bangkok.

Hi Ponchi

Congratulations on a great joke account.It must be difficult to combine such stupid and ignorant opinions with horrible English - but I think you get the comic effect just right.I don't know how you do it but I look forward to lots more rib tickling posts.

Look, she is not a joke. She is honestly telling the way she thinks and that, agree with it or not, is shared by many other Thai people.

For example, home is where you are born not where you live. That is the same as China law.

Beside that I suspect her English is better than your Thai.

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

Can you point out to me where it says the protesters started the violence in the clash described?

Furthermore your reasoning on 'if the police did the shooting' is misleading. One the police is not supposed to shoot, two the police would only in utmost defense shoot non-lethally and three even the army accused of shooting really thousands of round into a densely packed mass of protesters had a half dozens deaths on their side.

Now as for the last, are you suggesting that the specially training forces of the Police is not doing it's assigned task correctly?

Cnn news website, reporter at the rear of the police when the grenade hit, clearly shows the rank and file police did not have weapons other then the shields and batons 6-8 (more or less) officers armed with shotguns rushed forward and fired multiple rubber bullets at the protesters, The reporter stated On the video "Police taken by surprize, clearly did not expect resistance" , Also an BBC shows the video of the grenade hitting a policemans shield and fell to the ground, a policeman tried to kick it way and it exploded injuring a number of police one source stated 4 another stated 10.

Check those sites out for yourself!

They were doing their assigned tasks correctly and by the book. I think the problems was the "peaceful unarmed protesters did not go by the book" because they were neither "peaceful" nor "unarmed"

555 where did you get your information on police tactics at the "Mickey Mouse" show, any police force in the world would respond to "deadly force with deadly force,

Any police force in the world!

• Like 2

Can you point out to me where it says the protesters started the violence in the clash described?

Furthermore your reasoning on 'if the police did the shooting' is misleading. One the police is not supposed to shoot, two the police would only in utmost defense shoot non-lethally and three even the army accused of shooting really thousands of round into a densely packed mass of protesters had a half dozens deaths on their side.

Now as for the last, are you suggesting that the specially training forces of the Police is not doing it's assigned task correctly?

Cnn news website, reporter at the rear of the police when the grenade hit, clearly shows the rank and file police did not have weapons other then the shields and batons 6-8 (more or less) officers armed with shotguns rushed forward and fired multiple rubber bullets at the protesters, The reporter stated On the video "Police taken by surprize, clearly did not expect resistance" , Also an BBC shows the video of the grenade hitting a policemans shield and fell to the ground, a policeman tried to kick it way and it exploded injuring a number of police one source stated 4 another stated 10.

Check those sites out for yourself!

They were doing their assigned tasks correctly and by the book. I think the problems was the "peaceful unarmed protesters did not go by the book" because they were neither "peaceful" nor "unarmed"

555 where did you get your information on police tactics at the "Mickey Mouse" show, any police force in the world would respond to "deadly force with deadly force,

Any police force in the world!

The police are heroes.

Now we confirm that PDRC have hand-grenades, so yet more evidence that Friday and Sunday hand-grenade bombers against PDRC was their own people doing fake ops against their own protestors. So conveniently timed around army day too!

Protests were illegal. Told to leave and protesters chose to fight. I supose Yingluk is responsible for this violence? The protest leader should stay in jail for manslaughter. Their direct decisions resulted in violence!

• Like 2

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Yor're kidding, right? This government has been far more patient than the previous government was with the Red Shirt protesters, but it's about time they did something to restore order and the rule of law.

Maybe one way to restore law and order is for the corrupt PTP and their puppet to step down.

One thing for sure Thaksin was corrupt, he is a convicted criminal, he defrauded the Thai people, he jumped bail, and YL is doing what he says, she needs to go, and will do one day, but the sooner the better.

• Like 1

Nobody ever gets convicted and does hard time for politically motivated crime in Thailand because the battles are basically gangsters fighting a turf war. That goes for all sides. And gansters never pay a lot of attention to the law - especially when they own it.