Yingluck flees farmers, protesters

webfact

and that her presence could bring inconvenience to the host.

When she gonna realize that her presence in Thailand brings inconvenience to the people of Thailand .

Shure Mr. Frank you must know.. inconvenience to 50'000 or 200'000... but MILLIONS or tens of Millions like her to stay... just Suthep the crime Fascist doent want to understand.. hopefully he get eliminated soon, so the things can go on the normal way in a democratic Country..

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thailand has an elected government. Regardless of the suspected corruption, no one should be allowed to disregard the laws and the majority who elected her and attempt to take over the country. I am amazed at the smug hatred shown here for the PM and the convenient way that everyone is ignoring the lawlessness of Suthep. If he can so blatantly disregard the law now, what protection do we have from him if he gets control? You're all so smug and condescending. At least now we know what we are up against. The only things we know about Suthep is that he is a rich boy, took land allocated to the poor and gave it to his rich friends and family, and that he is willing to break whatever laws are necessary to further his own agenda. Wake up Thai people and save your country from the lawless! But do it within the laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"Wake up Thai people and save your country from the lawless! But do it within the laws"

Please explain how the people can save their Country,when the Party in power is run by the Lawless,and owned by a convicted criminal,whose family runs the Country by Proxy, for the benefit of the family,and not the people?

Love or hate Suthep? he is the only one (at the moment) capable of changing a corrupt system,loaded against the people living in poverty! who knows, perhaps the people are beginning to understand their plight ,is not by accident or chance!

• Like 1

When she gonna realize that her presence in Thailand brings inconvenience to the people of Thailand .

Shure Mr. Frank you must know.. inconvenience to 50'000 or 200'000... but MILLIONS or tens of Millions like her to stay... just Suthep the crime Fascist doent want to understand.. hopefully he get eliminated soon, so the things can go on the normal way in a democratic Country..

Are you suggesting in your comment "so the things can go on the normal way in a democratic Country.." that Thailand has democracy?

How can that be, the (caretaker) pm / puppet pm / fake pm is being charged with neglicence in regard to a massive corruption case, at least.

This yet again shows a complete lack of leadership, a total disregard for the entire Thai population, a continued trait of irresponsibility, a proven record of dereliction in duty and zero integrity. How can any self-respecting voter irrespective of flag colour support such a person?

many many empty words in your post.. how can still thousands of payd idiots follow a crime murderer responsible for again Thai kill Thai. When he run out of Money the old ladies singing and workless guys will not anymore come in for get the pocket Money.. ;-)

yingluck will not meet the people. She will say something on TV that is scripted, but she dare not see the protestors. She is a packaged PM. A PM that is brought out to say something then packaged back up and put away again until she needs to make another TV appearance.

So yingluck actions speak louder than words.

You state the PDRC don't care for the farmers yet they are protesting shoulder to shoulder.

You state you care for the famers plight, but can't even take 5 minutes to meet them, look them in the eye and say as much. It is easy to say on TV isn't it puppet.

You state you care yet put nails on the road to stop them coming into BKK to protest. (principle of democracy)

You care, but your actions state otherwise.

Spot on! If it's the PDRC/PCAD/anti-govt groups that are causing the delay in payment to farmers, if it is the anti-government protests that have disrupted the rice scam scheme, if she is really sad about the plight of the farmers (as she said so quite recently) and if she really means what she (also) recently said, that farmers have worked hard and they deserve to be treated better (or something to this effect), why the hell did she need to run? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't the first time she has run away from the farmers? The lies she is capable of telling beggar belief. And if she doesn't know they were lies (because it was scripted and she doesn't think what she's saying - 'thank you three times' comes to mind), then it just means she has poo for brains. And by 'Poo' I don't mean her nickname.

This yet again shows a complete lack of leadership, a total disregard for the entire Thai population, a continued trait of irresponsibility, a proven record of dereliction in duty and zero integrity. How can any self-respecting voter irrespective of flag colour support such a person?

Looking to hear from the routinely adamant reds who think she can do no wrong. Come on you know who you are! And so does everyone else.

Oooh Ian CNX.. I would like to see you in CNX with a big flag written just only the same on your post in Thai language and walk in the City of cnx... I would take my cam and follow you brainless tramp running for your life followed by some of those in your eyes stupid non-self-respectiong voters for Yingruck to tell you that the majority of Thais (not the payd farmers from southregions..) still respect and love a elected primeminister. But I guess you think (YOur post Shows clearly!!) same Suthep that most of the Thais are to stupid to think and descide for themselves.. They are not! Stupid is that man still runs free in the streets heating up the People that Thai's kill other Thai's just about different mind. Sad and a shame!

But your leader get lack of ideas already thats why he needs to cheat by beger money for the farmers and use it for his own courtwar blocking payments to the farmers.. or copy the ideas of not buy goods of supporters of the "other Party"... In what Country you can make such a mess to the citizen of the capital ?? In the US.. just dont put your Hands quick anough on the rooftop of your car and you are death...

'The nail traps were strewn by perpetrators to stop farmers and protesters to travel to the Office of the Permanent Secretary to see the caretaker prime minister.'

So pro-govt then?

No no no, just like shooting and throwing bombs at their own supporters, it is a cunning plan from Suthep to increase the numbers at the rallies.

*That was, of course, sarcasm.

Yep. Bet you though some PT fanboy will try to put that spin on it soon enough.

Looking to hear from the routinely adamant reds who think she can do no wrong. Come on you know who you are! And so does everyone else.

Oooh Ian CNX.. I would like to see you in CNX with a big flag written just only the same on your post in Thai language and walk in the City of cnx... I would take my cam and follow you brainless tramp running for your life followed by some of those in your eyes stupid non-self-respectiong voters for Yingruck to tell you that the majority of Thais (not the payd farmers from southregions..) still respect and love a elected primeminister. But I guess you think (YOur post Shows clearly!!) same Suthep that most of the Thais are to stupid to think and descide for themselves.. They are not! Stupid is that man still runs free in the streets heating up the People that Thai's kill other Thai's just about different mind. Sad and a shame!

But your leader get lack of ideas already thats why he needs to cheat by beger money for the farmers and use it for his own courtwar blocking payments to the farmers.. or copy the ideas of not buy goods of supporters of the "other Party"... In what Country you can make such a mess to the citizen of the capital ?? In the US.. just dont put your Hands quick anough on the rooftop of your car and you are death...

Hardy, a quick review of your 38 posts indicate that your views are not worthy of a response from me.

But just to keep you on the right track I am far from a supporter of Suthep dictatorship. I DO support his goal for reform. I pray, as part of the reform process, for an emerging party taking a middle road to lead Thailand out of the current quagmire. I also pray for the dinosaurs from both side to be put out to pasture and for their eventual extinction as a new order takes control and leads a new Thailand into a vibrant and fully inclusive ASEAN.

• Like 1

The dem's pdrc/pcad is at the core of the flaming the rice farmers. What had they done to help the farmers under the rice pledging scheme which they have been trying to 'murder'?

Dear Lord, this again

The Dems are not pdrc.

The pdrc are not the Dems.

They are not the same.

They may not be exactly equivalent, but the Dems are happy to 'ride the tiger' ... they go along with everything their former Deputy PM says and does, like sitting out the last election

"He who rides the tiger can never get off" - old Chinese proverb

No they didn't. Suthep told the population to boycott the ballot. Abhisit said it was up to the people whether they wanted to boycott the vote going against Sutheps demands.

There was so much friction between the DEM's and PDRC Suthep gave a veiled threat to Korn for not towing the PDRC line.

"Get er facts right ya tosser" - Old Australian proverb

• Like 1

many many empty words in your post.. how can still thousands of payd idiots follow a crime murderer responsible for again Thai kill Thai. When he run out of Money the old ladies singing and workless guys will not anymore come in for get the pocket Money.. ;-)

Funnily enough there are a good majority of readers in here who disagree with you.

The dem's pdrc/pcad is at the core of the flaming the rice farmers. What had they done to help the farmers under the rice pledging scheme which they have been trying to 'murder'?

Planet Earth calling icommunity

Pardon me but what in the name of creation are you talking about.

The rice scam had nothing to do with the Democrats they tried to warn the government that it would not work.

The present situation is 100% proof that they were right. What do you think they could do when they were not allowed to talk in the house. The house didn't need them or any one else they had enough PTP to do any thing they wanted. How has it worked out for them? How has it worked out for Thailand?

They tried to change it to a workable thing. But they could not get approval from Dubai so they had to sit back and watch the PTP red shirts destroy the farmers. Legally their hands were tied. Having more honor and morals than the PTP red shirt coalition they could not sink to the lows of their opponents. wai.gif

• Like 2

yingluck will not meet the people. She will say something on TV that is scripted, but she dare not see the protestors. She is a packaged PM. A PM that is brought out to say something then packaged back up and put away again until she needs to make another TV appearance.

So yingluck actions speak louder than words.

You state the PDRC don't care for the farmers yet they are protesting shoulder to shoulder.

You state you care for the famers plight, but can't even take 5 minutes to meet them, look them in the eye and say as much. It is easy to say on TV isn't it puppet.

You state you care yet put nails on the road to stop them coming into BKK to protest. (principle of democracy)

You care, but your actions state otherwise.

Very well said

Flee? As usual TVF with another red meat posting title. There's no shame in avoiding an angry mob which should be put at a distance in the first place, but this is Thailand. The angry rice farmers ironically standing alongside and in hand with the very reason for their current difficulties in being paid, the PDRC.

Continues to amaze how the media generally and the haters here on TVF manage to invert a seditious insurrection by illegal actors of a democratically elected government acting in a responsible and genuine manner to maintain the law and the democracy into a cause juste for a gang of criminals and witless advocates of bringing down the entire Thai state down on their own jingoist heads.

Did you ever stop to consider that she was the reason for the angry mob. Well she was the mouthpiece Thaksin used.

At any rate have a look at the other post here and you will have a better understanding of the reality here in Thailand. The anti government protestors never promised them 130 billion baht. It was due long before they got together.

Does that not tell you some thing about her and her coworkers. Rather than try to pay the farmers they spent there time trying to white wash her brother. The farmers were unimportant. They never counted until a few weeks ago when they started protesting. All of a sudden they are a big deal to her. so big a deal that she is working so hard to pay them that she can not even give them five minutes of her time. Never mind the hours they have traveled to see her or the time they have stood in the hot sun.

Those unpaid farmers have every right to be pissed off but history has repeatedly shown that as soon as they are paid their memory will be like goldfish. I hope they realize that whether being paid or not is not the issue here.

They were used as part of a corruption scheme of epic proportions.

Farmers have to realize that there are no free meals, when politicians give they expect to reap it back 100 fold, at our expense.

The 15,000 baht/ton for rice was just too good to be true because its 30-40% above market prices but the farmers loved it and sold all their stocks to the government in exchange for a piece of paper (voucher).

Farmers needs to wake up and VOTE NO to corrupt politicians even when they dangle subsidies in front of them otherwise the vicious cycle of corruption and greed never stops.

Don't just demand to be paid. Demand that heads roll.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

The losers line up to take another pot-shot at PM YL. Obviously they have nothing better to do than hang around in the street all day and curse. Now, that's REALLY good for the country. Baloney...go home...you lost.

The losers line up to take another pot-shot at PM YL. Obviously they have nothing better to do than hang around in the street all day and curse. Now, that's REALLY good for the country. Baloney...go home...you lost.

Baloney? Is that a comic book? Suggest you do some more serious reading and consider the FACTS before giving opinion.

• Like 2

They have a lot of things better to do. the main problem is Yingluck won't give them the money they need to do it with. The money she has owed them for months with out any effort to pay it until the farmers started making an issue of it earlier this month. She had the time and the means to do it but she spent the time trying to white wash her brother.

You are telling the farmers to go home they have lost.

Just running over with the milk of human kindness aren't you. Not

Dear Lord, this again

The Dems are not pdrc.

The pdrc are not the Dems.

They are not the same.

They may not be exactly equivalent, but the Dems are happy to 'ride the tiger' ... they go along with everything their former Deputy PM says and does, like sitting out the last election

"He who rides the tiger can never get off" - old Chinese proverb

No they didn't. Suthep told the population to boycott the ballot. Abhisit said it was up to the people whether they wanted to boycott the vote going against Sutheps demands.

There was so much friction between the DEM's and PDRC Suthep gave a veiled threat to Korn for not towing the PDRC line.

"Get er facts right ya tosser" - Old Australian proverb

Fact for you, mate: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690946-thai-democrats-resolve-to-boycott-february-2-election/?utm_source=newsletter-20131221-1509&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Headline:Thai Democrats resolve to boycott February 2 election

Like I said, the Dems sat out the election.

I was born in Australia, but I learned to read in Canada...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Playing hide and seek will only make the farmers more angry. Why doesn't the PM come out to provide solution and face the music? Hiding can't solve problems.

Thainess...

I am sure there is a private jet all fueled up waiting at an airport nearby, with enough fuel to reach Dubai.

Just a few months ago, she wanted to spend ten million baht on four aircraft for her and cabinet members use.

It was ten billion baht, not ten million, I'm afraid. blink.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/660379-pm-yingluck-shinawatra-takes-after-her-brother-orders-a-plane/

Still, it's only public money, after all. facepalm.gif

One thing this highlights is the remarkable lack of violence present at the Bangkok protests compared with other places. Are protesters more likely to be killed or injured at the Bangkok protests or the ones going on in Caracas or Kiev. Think about how many casualties there are whenever some Muslim Imam stirs up the crowd with accusations that would be considered minor elsewhere.

Thais just don't do violence well. Everyone has heard the old joke about Thai coups, Each side rolls out their tanks and the ones with the most win. That hasn't been true since the days of Thanom and Narong Kittichikorn but neither has it been too far off. The protests of 2010 were not notable for their violence, though there was some, but for its lack of it. That is also true for the present difficulties.

The problem is that given the 50/50 split between the Red Shirts and the Yellow Shirts there doesn't seem to be any place to compromise. But without a compromise there is little hope of resolving the differences peacefully.

I think the place to start would be an agreement that Thaksin remain persona non grata. Maybe he could run off to Myanmar to become a monk, or something. The important this would be that he stay out of the country.

Each side considers the other corrupt. There's little argument there, they are corrupt. They're both for The People. The problem is that they are for different People.

But being a Farang who does not live in the Kingdom my views are immaterial. Not my skin, not my game. The expat community in Thailand may have skin in the game, but it's not their game either.

I am not sure how far the propensity for non-violence will stretch, but I am sure that if there is a tragic event such as the death of a well loved figure, the wheels are going to come off.

Edited by JSPS
  • Like 1

Just for you SA Bloke, you moron, this is what a fascist means partly

Its only you weak headed which use this word purely as denigration and insult

Wikipedia

Fascist movements shared certain common features, including the veneration of the state, a devotion to a strong leader,

and an emphasis on ultranationalism and militarism.

Fascism views political violence, war, and imperialism as a means to achieve national rejuvenation

[5][8][9][10] and asserts that stronger nations have the right to expand their territory by displacing weaker nations

here is the Moron SA bloke [ south Africa probably]

The numbers are clearly off : I keep reading from the few honest members on here that the fascist Suthep only has 400 supporters left.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's not my fault you can't read between the lines mate. Have some coffee okrolleyes.gif

Edited by SABloke

Flee? As usual TVF with another red meat posting title. There's no shame in avoiding an angry mob which should be put at a distance in the first place, but this is Thailand. The angry rice farmers ironically standing alongside and in hand with the very reason for their current difficulties in being paid, the PDRC.

Continues to amaze how the media generally and the haters here on TVF manage to invert a seditious insurrection by illegal actors of a democratically elected government acting in a responsible and genuine manner to maintain the law and the democracy into a cause juste for a gang of criminals and witless advocates of bringing down the entire Thai state down on their own jingoist heads.

I'm amazed that your amazed.What you say is factually incorrect.This "caretaker govt."is only going through the motions until the bitter end.I bet a lot of money is being offshored before the axe falls.This women can not even stay in Thailand after,her loss of face is huge.Get that spare room made up bro.

One thing this highlights is the remarkable lack of violence present at the Bangkok protests compared with other places. Are protesters more likely to be killed or injured at the Bangkok protests or the ones going on in Caracas or Kiev. Think about how many casualties there are whenever some Muslim Imam stirs up the crowd with accusations that would be considered minor elsewhere.

Thais just don't do violence well. Everyone has heard the old joke about Thai coups, Each side rolls out their tanks and the ones with the most win. That hasn't been true since the days of Thanom and Narong Kittichikorn but neither has it been too far off. The protests of 2010 were not notable for their violence, though there was some, but for its lack of it. That is also true for the present difficulties.

The problem is that given the 50/50 split between the Red Shirts and the Yellow Shirts there doesn't seem to be any place to compromise. But without a compromise there is little hope of resolving the differences peacefully.

I think the place to start would be an agreement that Thaksin remain persona non grata. Maybe he could run off to Myanmar to become a monk, or something. The important this would be that he stay out of the country.

Each side considers the other corrupt. There's little argument there, they are corrupt. They're both for The People. The problem is that they are for different People.

But being a Farang who does not live in the Kingdom my views are immaterial. Not my skin, not my game. The expat community in Thailand may have skin in the game, but it's not their game either.

I am not sure how far the propensity for non-violence will stretch, but I am sure that if there is a tragic event such as the death of a well loved figure, the wheels are going to come off.

Interesting observations.

Thai's individually by nature are non-confrontative and krengjai (considerate). Aggression and violent behavior are seen as disrespectful and impolite. Sort of like the Japanese but with a more care free attitude. It reflects on how we settle differences, usually as non-violent as possible but in the past decade politicians have manipulated our weakness. That is we tend to become less krengjai and more confrontative when in groups. We do like to follow, sometimes a bit blindly without strong personal opinions.

If you look into our past, corruption was probably highest during the field marshal militaristic days of Thanom and Prapas. Then we had the transition period of Thanin Kraivixien. Our golden age of minimal corruption was under General Prem Tinusulanonda. Yes through a coup and a general as a leader. He is perceived as a man of moral character and still highly respected today. Those who do not like him are those who see him as part of the elitist system. After Prem came Chartchai and the dawn of political parties. Political parties started to play an important part in forming governments. With this dawn came the ugly face of corruption. It seems when you rule by iron fist but with integrity sort of like Lee Kuan Yew in Singapore, MP's toe the line and corruption is minimized. But with the creation of governments through several political parties you start seeing governments formed on principles of shared interests, greed and corruption and vote buying rears its ugly head. People's acceptance that corruption is okay as long as the country benefits is the source of the problem. People are to blame because they elect MP's who benefits their province, tambon, amphur or village, not those who have moral integrity, principles and good governance. Its just as expected.

I'm not advocating coups or one man iron fists rule as seen in Malaysia and Singapore, which have surpassed Thailand by leaps and bounds. It is rare that a single man with integrity and good intentions is chosen as a leader, but if Thailand wants to use the democratic system they have to start by electing good people.

Not people who give you free handouts in exchange for your vote.

Edited by smileydude

The angry rice farmers ironically standing alongside and in hand with the very reason for their current difficulties in being paid, the PDRC.

All you have inadvertently highlighted is the farmers have smartened up, wised up and are not as gullible as they used to be. Seems some forum member have not caught up yet and the farmers are in actual fact smarter than some other regime supporters.

If the PTP blame the PDRC they must be right. Do not use critical thinking. Do not look at facts. Listen to the dear leader. The dear leader is always right. Do not use critical thinking. Always remember the dear leader is right.

The farmers know it is not the PDRC's fault that the PTP budgeted for the scheme and said they had the money, stated as much for 3 months before being dissolved that they had the money then 2 days after yingluck dissolved parliament released they didn't have the money.

Repeat the chant 20 times. If the PTP blame the PDRC they must be right. Do not use critical thinking. Do not look at facts. Listen to the dear leader. The dear leader is always right. Do not use critical thinking. Always remember the dear leader is right.

The cupboard is finally bare.No ideas,no money,no hope.Repeat old reteric,maybe they want remember.This ponzi scheme of a govt.is about to collapse.Into the void will step something better i hope.

This situation is looking more and more like Mussolini's March on Rome. Wonder if Suthep has been reading modern European history for inspiration:

Mussolini said: "Either the government will be given to us or will shall seize it by marching on Rome."

Mussolini, with the party’s hierarchy, drew up a blueprint on how to do this.

1. Fascists would be brought into Rome from all over Italy.

2. All-important public buildings would be taken over including those outside of Rome in the important cities in the north.

3. Mussolini would demand the resignation of the government and that a new Fascist government be allowed to take over.

4. Armed Fascists would be near Rome. If the government failed to meet these demands, they would march into Rome and take over by the use of force.

The plan was grandiose if naïve. The military in Rome far out-numbered the Fascists who were poorly armed. Many Fascists only had tools brought with them from farms. Many had the wrong clothing for a party that was trying to seize power.

However, Mussolini gambled on one thing. He believed that the Italian government lead by Facta and the king, Victor Emmanuel, did not want any form of conflict especially as Italy had suffered so much in World War One. Mussolini miscalculated with Facta – he wanted to make a firm stand against Mussolini. But Mussolini was correct with regards to the king. Victor Emmanuel was convinced that any form of conflict would lead to a civil war and he was not willing to contemplate that.

And the king basically installed Musso as Prime Minister to avoid further conflict ... and you know where things went from there.

BTW how's Yingluck's reform forum doing?

(edit correct who's into how's, sorry)

Sorry, what's your point?

My point? Yingluck flees farmers, Yingluck talks a lot for foreign audience about democracy, voting rights, reform needed and started by her already. She doesn't have to march on Bangkok, she just stays put till somehow an election has been 'managed' with obviously the Pheu Thai wining and therefore having a mandate. The 'respect my vote' expires after the counting of them.

BTW it would seem that not only Suthep has scheduling problems, also Ms. Yingluck may sent a representative. For her that's to the NACC to to acknowledge a charge of negligence of duty on her behalf. At least to DSI and Office of the Prosecutor Suthep went himself.

• Like 1