Road tax 'tubes'

DualSportBiker

Yeah, seen those around lately. But I gather they are not legal (Jeez, now there's a minefield) because a registration sticker is supposed to be easily displayed for inspection purposes by police. On my bike, I stick the sticker on the side where it's prominent, and then coat it with rubber glue (putting each year's over the last year's). It's worked well for a long time and never comes off. I also glue a 500 baht note underneath it - but that's a story for another day when I feel like making a silly post.

AFAIK the tax sticker has to be (easily) visible/readable on (the outside) of the bike. Like it is with a car that has the sticker on the front window. If you put the sticker into a tube and mount it somewhere on your swingarm or chain protector, is this easily visible/readable?

Let the court decide if you do not agree with the BiB smile.png

Many thanks. I have ensured all key points are visible and it will be high up on my fairing-protectors for all to see. I have never been stopped, even going through speed traps at 140+, but I also don't want to give them a gnat's whisker of a chance... cheers all!! Safe riding...

Sent from my LG-P714 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

AFAIK the tax sticker has to be (easily) visible/readable on (the outside) of the bike. Like it is with a car that has the sticker on the front window. If you put the sticker into a tube and mount it somewhere on your swingarm or chain protector, is this easily visible/readable?

Let the court decide if you do not agree with the BiB smile.png

In my opinion, the picture in the OP shows an easily readable tax sticker, I have by the way always the sticker under the seat, and never had any remarks about it on inspection by highway police or others.

They never check, only if they cant find any reason to take your money.

the other day I was stopped by surprise, they were hiding and show up out of nothing in front of me.. I did not have plate, I showed them my bike photocopy documents, still a no-no... handled a 100B note, then on my way....

The next 2 times I passed by in front of them, they tried to stop me, but since I already new where they are hiding, i just drove past by them (with a little of engine noise for fun)

They will ALWAYS find a way to get your money. always always....

I have seen those tubes on motorbikes but never knew what they are. Also i never had one myself. I drive new bikes and if the dealer doesn't give me that who should tell me so? Have been stopped a few times by police but never had problems with my paperwork.

Also i have been stopped but i didn't because i was on the right lane and didn't know for sure they wanted to stop me, nothing happened.

Also i see many people here wearing jackets or tshirts with the text "Police" on them, or cars with a 3rd brakelight that says the letters "stop". In Europe only the real police can carry those signs but here i have no idea who is police and who is not. Also blue lights on vehicles are only allowed by police in Europe, here it is fashion to have them.

the other day I was stopped by surprise, they were hiding and show up out of nothing in front of me.. I did not have plate, I showed them my bike photocopy documents, still a no-no... handled a 100B note, then on my way....

The next 2 times I passed by in front of them, they tried to stop me, but since I already new where they are hiding, i just drove past by them (with a little of engine noise for fun)

You should work on your negotiating skills.

You should work on your negotiating skills.

Im not negotiating with those thief idiots. if you do, good for you.

I have seen those tubes on motorbikes but never knew what they are. Also i never had one myself. I drive new bikes and if the dealer doesn't give me that who should tell me so? Have been stopped a few times by police but never had problems with my paperwork.

Also i have been stopped but i didn't because i was on the right lane and didn't know for sure they wanted to stop me, nothing happened.

Also i see many people here wearing jackets or tshirts with the text "Police" on them, or cars with a 3rd brakelight that says the letters "stop". In Europe only the real police can carry those signs but here i have no idea who is police and who is not. Also blue lights on vehicles are only allowed by police in Europe, here it is fashion to have them.

Maybe it's because the police here do NOT use blue lights, they use red& white !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app