Tens of thousands of farmers in hundreds of farm trucks heading to Bangkok

webfact

I'm sure they will be welcomed in open arms by the citizens of Bangkok.

Just a thought, those Bankokians may want to forget their traditional greeting of calling them red kwai, just for now.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as the courts can arrange it.

• Like 1

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't claim it I do live in Thailand and I represent myself not any red shirt group, just because some of my views are same as them doesn't mean anything. I know what I see with my own eyes, I don't need any of your nonsense or insults, if you don't like my remarks on what I see just pass them by. Your boring me now saai.gif

Your remark suggested that farmers not around you, if indeed you are here, are not smart. That is enough itself to be insulting!

• Like 1

If they are smart, they will see the PDRC closed the bank route firmly.

just gets stranger by the day. keeps us off the streets though.... for now

Nah, the banks closed the bank route firmly. They stated they were uncertain of the bridging loans legitimacy due to the caretaker status of the government. Don't blame em really when the PTP are involved in the deal. Oh yes, they also stated they did not want to be a political tool which would undermine confidence in their bank.

Guess what happened to GSB. Confidence was undermined. Turns out the banks that refused to offer bridging loans were right.

Funny thing is if the PDRC were not even involved in this perception that they blocked the banks and the PTP were eventually found guilty of acquiring loans while in caretaker status and dissolved it would still be the PDRC's fault and spouted a "judicial coup"

Unaccountability. It's a gas when you never have to shoulder blame for anything.

Kinda like Kim Jon Un. He never does anything wrong either. Even when UNHCR said he did.

Kinda like thaksin. He never does anything wrong either. Even when UNHCR said he did.

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

If you turn on the TV, you'll hear them complaining that they weren't paid for a long time and now they don't have the money for new seedlings.

So they can't plant new crop which is the guarantee for their financial death.....

Farmers are experiencing first hand populist policies. Can you blame them for selling votes? Can u blame them for wanting more money?

You can blame the populist politics and the poor education.....Education: Thaksin...Chavalit, Barnharn, etc etc no one ever tried to build a good school system.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Farmers are experiencing first hand populist policies. Can you blame them for selling votes? Can u blame them for wanting more money?

No I do not "blame" the farmers but hopefully they will have learnt a lesson.

The corrupt and economically unsound government rice purchase scheme was bound to fail --- sooner or later .

Many will , of course, have become rich (richer?) from this scheme but not the average Thai farmer !

If they are smart, they will see the PDRC closed the bank route firmly.

just gets stranger by the day. keeps us off the streets though.... for now

And you continue to post blatant and highly misleading untruths.

There are already many scaly politicians in this country who do this regularly. Seems your of the same ilk.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

In my wife's village, which is 100% red shirt, most have not been paid and have no money to buy supplies for a new crop. Many owe money to illegal money lenders and are in dire straights.

I guess the farmer where I live are smart and have money or been paid by the government

(I guess) Are all of your posts based on guesswork.

You claim to live in Thailand and represent the red shirts but at the same time you don't even know what is happening on your own doorstep.

If the farmers are smart where you live, why don't you follow suit and try to be at least a little smart?

Great reply

Well the one thing they don't want when these thousands of farm vehicles reach Bangkok is for the heavens to open and Bangkok floods again.

Lets see a thousand klm or more at 20klm's an hour, crikey thats over a month 1 way.

By the time some of them get here the protest will be over. By the time they get back home there will be more protests on and around it goes.

Ahh you gotta love Thailand.

In my wife's village, which is 100% red shirt, most have not been paid and have no money to buy supplies for a new crop. Many owe money to illegal money lenders and are in dire straights.

I guess the farmer where I live are smart and have money or been paid by the government

Or possibly the village chief has intimidated them