Thai PM protests innocence amid impeachment threat

webfact

"More importantly, if there were indeed true justice without any hidden agenda, the NACC would not have investigated in such a hurry and delivered a verdict in a manner that has allowed society to deem it as beneficial only to those who want to topple the government."

This says everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is already sentenced before any inquiry is made.

Some people have more rights as others.

As usual.

Remember the case of the airport fiasco?

The courts are still inquiring on the case ....

A civil war is very near now ....

Don't you think that the NACC has been pressured to hurry their investigation by other parties. This scheme and the problems that come along with it are escalating daily. if they do not make a case fast it will just get worse. I am not talking about the protests or protesters. I am talking about the whole scheme and the money it is taking from the GOV and the people.

The way things are going with everyone looking at the legality of things currently you would think the NACC has at enough brains among them to have sufficient proof for the allegations made and charges which will be filed. They already know it will be contested.

So before you start yelling conspiracy to overthrow YL you should wait and see what facts they will use to make the charges against her. I am guessing that they know a lot more about what is happening and what was done in this Scheme than you do.

• Like 2

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"In another legal setback to Yingluck..."

The Electoral majority who underpin Ms. Y's administration do not see this as a "Legal setback" at all.

They characterize it as an attack by the unelectable Elites. An attack by the Opposition. An attack by the electoral minority who want to run the country...in effect minority rule. A coup-intentioned initiative when street coup-mongers and the military could not/would not achieve it.

Most any independent but knowledgable observers would agree with that...I never knew a term such as "judicial coup" existed until I saw it in Thailand.

Taking this judicial challenge at face value, attributing credibility and validity to it, identifies that individual as being sympathetic to PAD-Dem agenda's.

Or far-removed international perspectives who are not aware of these charges of a politicized judiciary, give this thing credibility thinking the judiciary is normal.

As in most things, they need to be contextualized in order to understand them fully.

You speak the truth my friend. I too agree that she is innocent of knowing that the rice scam was nothing more than vehicle for members of the Electoral minority to skim money away from those, the Electoral majority, that toil long and hard in the hot sun..

I say, enough of the Bangkok Elite! Thailand should be run by those smart enough to fool the Electoral majority in to returning them to power time and again while they dream up scheme after scheme to enrich themselves, their families and their cronies, all at the expense of the Elite and the Electoral majority.

Pass me another jar of that Thaksin Koolaid and we'll drink a toast to the new ruling class and those poor deluded fools of the Electoral majority.

When I grow up, my parents teach me not to lie, and to take responsibillity, now this are rare values, everywhere. And in the land of smile there is a culture of not responsibillity, if anything went wrong, the others or a ghost have responsibillity.

Everybody know shes guilty, she is the chairwoman of the rice-scam, it was her job to supervise, greed and stupidness is not innocent if you not a baby...But I dont trust the NACC, they have done nearly nothing in the past, and I dont believe that they get hard facts for a arrest warrant, because I know, that the Shin-clan are professionals in criminal corruption, and its very difficult to prove...

Yingluck said she was simply trying to improve the lives of farmers.

What possible defence is there? I assume she isn't willing to tell the truth, you know, the "my big brother told me to do it" defense. She can't say she wasn't negligent, I guess the old forgive me i'm stupid excuse might work, it is , at least, believable.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If I were Yinguck I would quickly sell the 20 billion kg rice they have in stock. With this money they can pay the farmers and pay back a large chunk of the loan at BAAC. Then my critics wouldn't have much left to say.

smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Erm? What are you on and where can I get some?

Maybe there will finally be an accounting of the rice pledge scheme losses now that her job and freedom is on the line. She should spare her country and party the embarrassment and just high-tail it to Dubai.

That would be the worst thing that could happen is her leave.

She is better off and the country is better off if she faces the charges.

Even if she is not found guilty but is shown to have had no real idea what was happening that is all that is really needed.

There will be others that will be fund guilty that is for sure.

In here case i think being the poster child for i am cute therefore I am smart is going to come back and bite her in that lovely asset she has.

Ignorance is no defence for her, if there are found to be criminal acts within the rice scam. she is in a position of responsibility, so she will ultimately have to face the music, or run off to Dubai like her fugitive brother.

When I grow up, my parents teach me not to lie, and to take responsibillity, now this are rare values, everywhere. And in the land of smile there is a culture of not responsibillity, if anything went wrong, the others or a ghost have responsibillity.

Everybody know shes guilty, she is the chairwoman of the rice-scam, it was her job to supervise, greed and stupidness is not innocent if you not a baby...But I dont trust the NACC, they have done nearly nothing in the past, and I dont believe that they get hard facts for a arrest warrant, because I know, that the Shin-clan are professionals in criminal corruption, and its very difficult to prove...

Agree with you.

But it is not so difficult to prove criminal corruption, if you have the resources and the rights to review.

Bank transfers and money flows leave traces and how big the rice mountain really is, they could check this too.

The NACC mainly gets its informations from insiders.

They need more an independent tax police.

If they would check the asset/income ratio from top to down, from all involved people in the rice scheme,

then they are able to reclaim billions of taxpayers money.

I know facts can be awkward things, but can anybody name a case the NACC have been involved in that took less time to bring charges than this?

I'll have an ask around and see if there is info where we can see responce times for and how they vary between PT and their allies.

The first one i read where they dragged their feet involves the 1997 crash. Now to be fair and impartial I make it 2021 before Yingluck is due here first summons at the very earlies.

Cannot understand why all of the media in Thailand repeats and repeats and repeats the same wording time after time after time. . Gets a bit boring with all the repeat of the same s**t. such as "Yingluck is the sister of the fugistive ex-PM Takasin" and "They accuse her billionaire family of using taxpayers' money to buy the loyalty of rural voters through such populist policies" and "Her critics say the controversial scheme, which guarantees farmers above-market rates for rice, has encouraged corruption, drained the public coffers and left the country with a mountain of unsold stock". Do the newspaper reporters have nothing else to do except repeat all of these same words just to fill up space in their publications? No innovation or creative reporting only parady? Where do they get these reporters? It is like they are trying to educate someone who is a tourist for the first time in Thailand on what is going on here, when I recall having traveled to Thailand for years prior to moving here, I never was interested in looking at a local newspaper since I was on holiday.

The Electoral majority who underpin Ms. Y's administration do not see this as a "Legal setback" at all.

They characterize it as an attack by the unelectable Elites. An attack by the Opposition. An attack by the electoral minority who want to run the country...in effect minority rule. A coup-intentioned initiative when street coup-mongers and the military could not/would not achieve it.

Most any independent but knowledgable observers would agree with that...I never knew a term such as "judicial coup" existed until I saw it in Thailand.

Taking this judicial challenge at face value, attributing credibility and validity to it, identifies that individual as being sympathetic to PAD-Dem agenda's.

Or far-removed international perspectives who are not aware of these charges of a politicized judiciary, give this thing credibility thinking the judiciary is normal.

As in most things, they need to be contextualized in order to understand them fully.

Ignoring the rest of the gibberish.

Who appointed you as the voice of "The Electoral Majority"?

What "majority' would that be - the 48% of the 75% votes cast in favor of PTP that brought them to government with the highest minority?

No hope for him at all - in fact getting worse. He has no idea of reality.

I know facts can be awkward things, but can anybody name a case the NACC have been involved in that took less time to bring charges than this?

I'll have an ask around and see if there is info where we can see responce times for and how they vary between PT and their allies.

The first one i read where they dragged their feet involves the 1997 crash. Now to be fair and impartial I make it 2021 before Yingluck is due here first summons at the very earlies.

You still here posting?

Stop playing the same silly game she is trying - diverting the issue. How long it took, when they really started investigating, months ago so what?

Is there or isn't there corruption and negligence. If there is she should be impeached and indicted and off to court. If not, then she is free to continue and the allegations must stop.

All she has to do, is do what she says. Open all the books, purchases, sales, payments and receipts for independent transparent scrutiny. Not some fudged up figures produced by Mr White Lies that disagree with the fudged up figures from the Commerce caretaker. This will include details of all private companies benefiting from contracts associated with the scheme - millers, haulage, storage, brokers, export companies etc, and payments made to them. Any anomalies will be followed up vigorously.

Chances of that - about the same as her answering the Ombudsman's long outstanding question regarding the illegal issuing of a new passport to her crooked fugitive brother by her cousin the foreign minister.

The Shins really do believe they are above the law, can spout any old bs and everyone will simply believe it.

So innocent she posts on Facebook or makes closed TV broadcasts, but refuses to attend the NACC, insults their and the investigating Professor's integrity on social media, refuses to meet the farmers, and still completely ignores the Ombudsman who appears to have given up hope of ever being answered.

Let's see exactly how transparent she is with the real scheme transactions and details before doing a runner. Looks like she preparing to run and claim innocence and a victim of political persecution - must be a family trait.

• Like 2

Cannot understand why all of the media in Thailand repeats and repeats and repeats the same wording time after time after time. . Gets a bit boring with all the repeat of the same s**t. such as "Yingluck is the sister of the fugistive ex-PM Takasin" and "They accuse her billionaire family of using taxpayers' money to buy the loyalty of rural voters through such populist policies" and "Her critics say the controversial scheme, which guarantees farmers above-market rates for rice, has encouraged corruption, drained the public coffers and left the country with a mountain of unsold stock". Do the newspaper reporters have nothing else to do except repeat all of these same words just to fill up space in their publications? No innovation or creative reporting only parady? Where do they get these reporters? It is like they are trying to educate someone who is a tourist for the first time in Thailand on what is going on here, when I recall having traveled to Thailand for years prior to moving here, I never was interested in looking at a local newspaper since I was on holiday.

your new sir so log out if your not happy but its free and no-ones twisting your arm..or is this corruption not worthy of reporting.coffee1.gif

sympathetic to democrats only?! not 10000 farmers marching down?

a bought 'majority' gives legality for graft? how about the legality of a proxy gov't run by a fugitive abroad? that is unlawful and unfathomable! why not rant about that instead of criticize people tired of nepotism and oppression of poor farmers? your g/f brainwash you?

Retarded lack of sensibility.

PM YS and her cabinet did not ignore NACC warnings that the rice scheme was fostering corruption and causing financial losses. Measures and steps were being taken based on the warnings.

NACC should focus on supporting the effective policy implementation of a government and helping a government in fighting corruption, wrongdoings and punish farmers, traders, millers, officials and politicians caught cheating, colluding and sabotaging the scheme.

The government did not claim in anyway that rice pledging scheme is a money making scheme and without challenges. The rice scheme is to raise the living standard of rice farmer and therefore helps in boosting domestic consumption and ensuring food security. It also has a positive impact of the growth and development of related industries.

We have been focusing on problems instead of measures and steps toward successful implementation of a scheme/project - any scheme or project.

NACC should be careful of being entangled with politics.

I thought that Thai Visa had a regulation NOT to allow any politicians or lawyers to post on this site.

A little advice 'icommunity'....don't go back and read what you just wrote....it will only confuse you!

• Like 2

Even if you accept her flimsy argument that all she wanted was to help the farmers then quite clearly she has failed. It is just a question of whether this failure is down to corruption or incompetence or both. That is for the courts to decide.

But please, Poo.... no tears before benchtime.

Edited by bigbamboo

The rice scheme is to raise the living standard of rice farmer and therefore helps in boosting domestic consumption and ensuring food security.

It also has a positive impact of the growth and development of related industries.

Food security is currently rotting away in warehouses.

Related industries..............'aka' warehouses.

Guilty as sin - we all know it, only we have to wait for the NACC to uncover all the evidence... i reckon once this sees daylight even the most staunch Red Shirts will be shocked at the levels of corruption and theivery involved in this Rice Pledging Scheme... mark my words.

depends upon how many cronies were appointed beforehand. May be this is a sham she will escape thus she has not fled as yet.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

PM YS and her cabinet did not ignore NACC warnings that the rice scheme was fostering corruption and causing financial losses. Measures and steps were being taken based on the warnings.

NACC should focus on supporting the effective policy implementation of a government and helping a government in fighting corruption, wrongdoings and punish farmers, traders, millers, officials and politicians caught cheating, colluding and sabotaging the scheme.

The government did not claim in anyway that rice pledging scheme is a money making scheme and without challenges. The rice scheme is to raise the living standard of rice farmer and therefore helps in boosting domestic consumption and ensuring food security. It also has a positive impact of the growth and development of related industries.

We have been focusing on problems instead of measures and steps toward successful implementation of a scheme/project - any scheme or project.

NACC should be careful of being entangled with politics.

huh???? They started this mess. My god some people will believe anything they are told.

Ps I can sell you the Ozzie opera house cheap..message me.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

It is without a doubt she is NOT guilty

She hardly attended parliament let alone meetings

pr she is smarter than we think.... Remember we are basing guilt on western ideas. This is Thailand.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

If I were Yinguck I would quickly sell the 20 billion kg rice they have in stock. With this money they can pay the farmers and pay back a large chunk of the loan at BAAC. Then my critics wouldn't have much left to say.

smile.png

AT a huge loss. Who would would absorb the huge loss?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Are you serious? If they tried to dump all that rice on the market at one time they would cause the market to fall so bad that they would lose even more billions and probably would not be able to pay even the farmers.

Catch up ;) Even if they sold ALL the rice they allegedly have in store at market prices (some hope!) there would still not be enough money to pay the 130 Billion to the farmers. Therefore the question on the NACC's mind will be a good one. Prime Minister, please tell us, in your own words, where the 700-800 Billion has gone! Soon be time for popcorn, life is gonna get a whole lot more difficult for Yingluck before it gets better.