Need Advice for exiting Thailand and returning on the same date as my visa ends...

Hi there all,

I have a concern which I am not sure of and would like some help to understand... Ok here goes, I have been in Thailand since the 1st Feb and my 30 days ends on the 2nd March. I plan to fly to Manila to pick up my gf on the 1st March and then return to Thailand together on the 2nd March, which is the same day my present 30 days ends.... Would this be a issue for me as I go thru immigration at bkk airport...

Steve :)

I entered Thailand on the 1st Feb from UK and did not have a on going flight out and had no problem entering then. I am British. I plan to return to Thailand on the 2nd from Manila and will not have a return to Manila. I will cross over the border at Laos before the 30 days I get on the 2nd march. My gf which is filipina will have a return back to Manila on the 30th march..

Not to be Debbie Downer, but you might want to read through this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683896-philippines-girlfriend-refused-to-travel-for-14-days-trip-to-thailand/?hl=%20philippine%20%20immigrations

Hopefully you won't face any problems, but it sounds like things aren't always as straight forward as you might hope.

If you are booked under the same reservation, unlikely as yours is a one way and hers is rt. You may not be under as much scrutiny. If however your reservations are cross referenced for seating etc...you may be under more scrutiny. As such you may be asked for an outbound ticket for the 30 day exemption.

It is not Thailand immigration that makes the call on this, it is the airline. They must be assured you will not be declined admittance into Thailand due to the fact you do not meet the visa exempt status. If so the airline will be fined and have to return you back to the Philippines at the airlines expense. This is the reason why airlines check the timatics of each country to see that each passenger meets the entry requirements of each country.

Ignore the re-entry reply as this poster has no idea what they are talking about.

I've never had an onward ticket when flying into Thailand. I have heard of a few people being asked, but I think it's less likely if flying within SE Asia.

Was asked in Vietnam with Turkish airlines day before yesterday. Have been asked in Malaysia and Hong Kong for proof onward travel.

I entered Thailand on the 1st Feb from UK and did not have a on going flight out and had no problem entering then. I am British. I plan to return to Thailand on the 2nd from Manila and will not have a return to Manila. I will cross over the border at Laos before the 30 days I get on the 2nd march. My gf which is filipina will have a return back to Manila on the 30th march..

You may have probs.with the filipina at the Manila end.

I've never been asked for proof of a return ticket at passport control at BKK but last year a middle eastern gentlemen parallel to me at the desk was.Maybe it was racial profiling, don't know, but all the PC niceties go out the window when you are standing there waiting for permission to enter. That applies to all countries not just Thailand.

Edit: this was for the 30 day visa exempt entry.

Edited by Mudcrab

I've never been asked for proof of a return ticket at passport control at BKK but last year a middle eastern gentlemen parallel to me at the desk was.Maybe it was racial profiling, don't know, but all the PC niceties go out the window when you are standing there waiting for permission to enter. That applies to all countries not just Thailand.

Edit: this was for the 30 day visa exempt entry.

That's normal in Thailand and this part of the world in general. White people come from rich countries and therefore aren't asked. Nor are rich Asians from Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and the like. But if you are say Sri Lankan, Pakistani, Afghani etc. Thai Immigration WILL ask you for these things. Africans are also asked for yellow fever certificates - I've seen it myself.

Thank you for all of your replies, I have bought the tickets today and made sure she has a return ticket cause she does want to get back to the Philippines to look after her mom :) I have got a one way ticket back to Thailand... But may go look for a cheap throw away ticket 555+... :)

Just want take my gf for 26 days here to have a break after what happened a few months ago! She lives in Bohol which was hit by the earthquake and then about a month later that damn super typhoon... I just want her to have a great time and meet nice Thai people :) Yep, little holiday for the girl hehehe :)

Thanks to all of you..

Steve