Bangkok Airways Promotion

Never had an issue changing date or flight though I have only ever done so at the airport and it has been free. When I have needed to go to the MFA for example I have bought the second flight out and second to last back. When I have done what I needed to do I return to the airport and ask to change the booking to the first available place. Same result when I have booked for 5 days in BKK but found I only needed 3. Bit of a risk during high season because they can obviously only give you an earlier flight if there is a seat available. On the other hand, 2 seats are not sold at the rear of the prop. planes because of restricted room but they are willing to use them if you ask via a change of ticket.

Cool thanks.

Now just to find out if our tickets are cheap fare and restricted biggrin.png

Paid 19,000 bath from Bangkok/Samui and back again for 2 persons.

Says economy fare basis Y.

Trying to navigate through their website, but it's a bit confusing.

Your tickets must be full fare ...I don't think you will have any problems changing dates/times

Only available for Thai residents as well, was driving me nuts why I couldnt even come close to those prices for a side trip I wanted to do in April.

That's ridiculous for a non Thai company having two price tiers bah.giffacepalm.gif You guys should contact Mr Fernandez CEO of Air Asia and complain! rolleyes.gif

The work around would possibly be getting someone with a Thai IP to book it using my details and CC info but that seems like a huge headache :)

Funny you should mention Air Asia, yesterday they started promoting their Big Sale, Sydney to Phuket for $199 Aus. Great if you only want to go to Phuket!!!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So BKK Air is not at fault?

If you want to nitpick No not at fault ..

but for being Asia's most expensive Boutique airline with the most unfriendly website Yes at fault !

yes some of these websites help you spend your money but not helpful when it comes to terms and conditions.

Most people do not have the time to read all terms conditions rules. they just want to buy there items and get on with the rest of the day.

I don't know why you have to wait 30 days.

there should be a tick box saying " are you booking for yourself or for someone else "

Agoda have started to do it. You can book a hotel and tick the box saying that the person who is making the booking is not staying at the hotel.

Why you have to produce the same credit card at the airport is just nonsense as what do they care they get paid either way.

Stupid security system. I am sure that if the credit card was a fraud then it would have been picked up when producing the passports, ID information extra and the person who had got on the flights could be pulled over.

also is there a pay pal option yet on the site. I have not check but if not then their site is outdated

also if every time you had to show your credit card when you purchase online it would defeat the point of purchasing stuff online. As if i buy something in China would i then have to fly to china to show them my credit card.

just a load of technical crap

Edited by BigC
  • Like 1

There are plenty of airlines that have this rule in place, that the person who paid by credit card, has to be part of the travel party. That's not only a BKK Airways rule.

That's correct.

But many airlines will also allow the ticket if the credit card holder is not travelling as long as.......

The traveller carries a letter from the CC holder along with a signed copy of both sides of the credit card.

The letter should state ' i authorise xxxxxxx (persons name) to travel on - and then details of the flights. Outbound and inbound.'

This tidbit is usually hidden away in the airline's web site. Not easy to find.

We have used this on a number of trips where we have paid for friends/family that do not have credit cards.

There are plenty of airlines that have this rule in place, that the person who paid by credit card, has to be part of the travel party. That's not only a BKK Airways rule.

That's correct.

But many airlines will also allow the ticket if the credit card holder is not travelling as long as.......

The traveller carries a letter from the CC holder along with a signed copy of both sides of the credit card.

The letter should state ' i authorise xxxxxxx (persons name) to travel on - and then details of the flights. Outbound and inbound.'

This tidbit is usually hidden away in the airline's web site. Not easy to find.

We have used this on a number of trips where we have paid for friends/family that do not have credit cards.

Agreed, and if you happen to be near a branch office/airline desk of the airline between booking and flying, they will check your credit card and issue a document to say the card has been seen and checked. The document needs to be shown at the check-in desk when flying.

• Like 1

They can ask for the credit card of the person that booked but they don't have to. In case of your wife's friend, file it under 'shoe got lucky, she got away with it'. I know more cases of people that didn't get lucky. Whenever I book tickets or have tickets booked for me, I make sure that i read the conditions and if needed, I will have a copy of the persons ID card/passport and copy of his/hers credit card with me, I've been asked several times to produce these items at the time of check in, and not only by BKK Air.

Edited by limbos

I have booked for her twice before and supplied the paperwork you talk of and because of their disinterest in checking anything that is why we didnt bother this time and probably wont next time either , as it seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

HL

So BKK Air is not at fault?

Stop your attempt of defending them, they are at fault by default. 1st rule and all that..

I don't care....the new smoked salmon nibbles in the lounge are enough bribe to make me stay silent.

Just for a few seconds before slating their crappy website too.

It sucks.

• Like 1

I have booked for her twice before and supplied the paperwork you talk of and because of their disinterest in checking anything that is why we didnt bother this time and probably wont next time either , as it seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

HL

had to pay again for my daughter with BKK Air. They gave me a reference number paid at 7/11. They previously accepted my confirmation of the card over the phone, but not this time.

PS, I was away from Samui at the time so couldn't go to their office.