renewing of Thai passport

Dirk_brijs

will have to renew the Thai passport of my son later this week at the Villa Market Mall

would there be any issues or delays that anyone know about due to the governement crack down in Bkk?

I heard they only porcess a certain amoubnt per day?

anyone with some more info on this?

Thanks

They are not closed but are extremely busy.

A work colleague is getting a passport for his new born today, he went in there early last week and was given a queue number and told to come back today.

They process 150 people per day, his queue number is 51.

Edited by Spoonman

Just got through with this earlier in the week. Only word to describe is brutal. My GF had to get a new passport for a trip being planned in 2 weeks.

So she goes to the office in the Avenue's about 9:15 AM (they open at 8:30) on monday. She was told the que was filled for the day and to come

tomorrow early around 4 AM to be able to get into that days que. So we get there about 4:15 AM and there is already a good sized line. There

were people there actually sleeping in small pup tents set up on the pavement. Representatives came out about 7:30 AM and stated that they would

process 170 passport applications that day with 70 being backlog from previous days. The GF got #135 thank god and was given the application to

fill out. She got her app processed and completed by around 12:15 PM. They told her that she should receive it within a week via mail.

On my original post I was forwarded a link stating that the BKK office was only taking 50 Apps a day, due to being close to the protest sites. I know

that there were some bangkokians over here. I got a chance to talk to one of the girls who was up front and she told me that her group got there at

6 PM the previous day. If you decide to go I would advise bringing some folding outdoor chairs and refreshments. You can grab some plastic chairs from the

restaurant towards the back end of the plaza. But they will come hunt them down around 7 AM.

Whatever you choose Good Luck!