Thai farmers to target Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suthep gave his 25 million baht donations he collected for the farmers, to the Law Society of Thailand, so that they can sue the Government. The farmers never received anything from Suthep.

The Law Society of Thailand is now accusing the police of shooting protesters.

I'm guessing somebody has given them some good faith money to diffuse the crisis long enough to get to the next shell game. Any guesses who? Beware of strangers from the desert bearing gifts.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They're on their way back home now. Their leader must have been bribed by PTP a pretty big amount to call off the Peasant Patrol! w00t.gif

Seems strange they are going to turn around just like that based on another government promise of payment next week. Remember the leader is in the Chaichartpattana perty so maybe Banharn had a word in his ear.

• Like 1

I'm guessing somebody has given them some good faith money to diffuse the crisis long enough to get to the next shell game. Any guesses who? Beware of strangers from the desert bearing gifts.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have to repeat my post from about a week ago.

A Thai farmer is like a 5 year old child. When he cries, PROMISE he will get an ice cream later, and he will stop crying regardless if he will get the ice cream or not.

Repeat as often as necessary .

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

looks like brand new tractors, unlike agricultural machinery which is seen in the countryside.

somebody lend them to the farmers?

also it looks like there are several groups, each with a different objective. It seems somebody is playing politics, instead for the farmers to represent themselves.

those national flags on the tractors are worrying, a nationalist card is played too often in thai politics, always against interests of the majority

This is clearly an orchestrated event! It is interesting that these farmers are all from areas just immediately north of Bangkok, you don't see any farmers from the Royong-Trat region or Korat, Surin, Ubon, Udon or any area in the north. This just goes to show that the folks backing suthep have deep pockets and really want a protracted fight. The government needs to double down and equip the police with tear gas, rubber bullets and water Cannons, its too bad that Thailand doesn't have the new sound wave technology to disperse crowds as this would be a perfect opportunity to deploy the new technology thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Imagine the gasoline bill for driving a tractor that distance!!!

And, 2 days from Issan, maybe 3 days 2 nights from Udon. The Thai farmer said---" Oh never mind it's only the 20th time they gave us a date for payment"

&lt;deleted&gt;...........somebody is crossoppled here ----free scans at your local hospital needed urgent .coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Looking at the other news thread, the farmers have turned around and are now going home... because the government promised to pay them next week? It sounds very odd if true. The fact that they would turn around without any protest, and that they would believe a govt promise of payment.

More than likely because suthep didn't come up with the money he promised these farmers in the first place thumbsup.gif If this were a true agrarian uprising then there would be farmers from all over Thailand participating (not just one small area directly north of the capitol) and they would descend upon Bangkok and not leave until all their grievances were fully addressed wai2.gif Once again this was an orchestrated event that suthep has encouraged, since his popular support is all but gone!

looks like brand new tractors, unlike agricultural machinery which is seen in the countryside.

also it looks like there are several groups, each with a different objective. It seems somebody is playing politics, instead for the farmers to represent themselves.

those national flags on the tractors are worrying, a nationalist card is played too often in thai politics, always against interests of the majority

This is clearly an orchestrated event! It is interesting that these farmers are all from areas just immediately north of Bangkok, you don't see any farmers from the Royong-Trat region or Korat, Surin, Ubon, Udon or any area in the north. This just goes to show that the folks backing suthep have deep pockets and really want a protracted fight. The government needs to double down and equip the police with tear gas, rubber bullets and water Cannons, its too bad that Thailand doesn't have the new sound wave technology to disperse crowds as this would be a perfect opportunity to deploy the new technology thumbsup.gif

If course it is an orchestrated event, mass demonstrations usually are. Does that make their grievances any less valid?

Gassing unpaid farmers or gunning them down would be instant political suicide.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

• Like 1

Farmers agree to return home after govt promises to pay for pledged rice next week;otherwise farmers threaten to close Suvarnabhumi Airport:Former MP Chada /MCOT

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:40am Farmers give govt 6 weeks to pay - RT @7_preysor: ชาวนาอุทัยธานีให้เวลารบ.6อาทิตย์ หากไม่จ่ายเงินจำนำข้าวทั้งประเทศ ยกขบวนไล่รัฐบาล

'Some farmers would be heading to Suvarnabhumi Airport, for a purpose he did not specify. But, they insisted that they would not obstruct air traffic or raid the airport. They only wanted to make a symbolic demonstration. After that, this group of farmers will move to other places.'

Makes the newspaper headline appear to be somewhat misleading.

Wasnt this mentioned weeks and weeks ago BEFORE the farmers got involved (by AGAIN crappy PooYingLuck) ? coffee1.gif

Imagine the gasoline bill for driving a tractor that distance!!!

And, 2 days from Issan, maybe 3 days 2 nights from Udon. The Thai farmer said---" Oh never mind it's only the 20th time they gave us a date for payment"

&lt;deleted&gt;...........somebody is crossoppled here ----free scans at your local hospital needed urgent .coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Nobody pictured here drove a tractor in from Udon, are you really that clueless? These tractors are all from the Ayutthaya region just north of Bangkok wai2.gif

I made some inquiries about this thing from non-PAD-Dem sources.

They perceive it as the commercial farmer's wing of the anti-democrat movement threatening the airport. Regardless of protestations to the contrary, just going there is a 'threat'. Shades of the PAD.

According to them, the PAD has never "died," been "finished" or "disbanded." PAD remains the core of the current anti-democrat movement. Its strategists and activists have been at the sharp end of every anti-democratic action since 2005, and they are critically important for the current anti-democrat action, especially now that it is essentially a violent and armed movement.

Another thing they said that was interesting, was to see the plethora of seemingly new Kubota tractors, and referencing some interesting linckages between Kubota and Elitist elements..These farmers would not be doing such a thing without considerable compensation.

Given the anti-UDD/RS/PTP bent of the mainstream media, these linckages and motivations are left largely unexplained. Seeking only to bolster anti-Govt motivations and by extension, anti all those millions whose electoral choice they are trying to nullify.

These imaginary "sources" would you care to share or is this just your thinking and trying to make it credible by evoking the " I was told by reliable people" statement .

"These imaginary "sources" would you care to share....."

Be happy to Barney R.

I live in a heavily populated UDD/RS area and hear their perspective all the time.

Many times my comments channel this POV, as I am primarily a pro-electoral Democracy and anti-coup type, respecting the choices of the Thai electorate.

Being equally exposed to the anti-UDD/RS media, the inconsistencies between the two perspectives jumps out.

It is good to be exposed to both sides, don't you think.

Ouch!!!! That's going to hurt big time, attacking the heart of amazing Thailand where it starts with the people rice farmers... Technically a great idea from their point of view.... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Well done Yingluck, you better flee to Hawaii or Ibiza now, before the rice farmers catch you,... cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

why Hawaii?

don't hurt our feelings, we don't need her here.

Fleeing to Hawaii would just be another similarity the Shinawatra Clan share with the Marcos Clan.

...Former Chart Thai Pattana Party MP Chada Thaiset, who represents Uthai Thani farmers, led some 15,000 farmers from Uthai Thani, Ayutthaya, Singburi and Ang Thong to Bangkok.

"I decided to lead the convoy because I feel sorry for the farmers and I am fed up with the government's lies about the payment, which never came," said Chada, whose party is a coalition partner of the Pheu Thai-led caretaker government....

Looks like a rejiggering of aliances, even if Chada is a former MP she is still in the loop.

So the coalition partners are getting antsy?

Seems this is a hint of them not wanting to go down with the good ship Shinawatra.

SECONDLY

...A leader of Lop Buri-based farmers, Ubolsak Bualuangngarm, said the farmers would blockade the capital for seven days if the government failed to pay them. He, however, said they would not cooperate with the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee in its drive to oust the government. He also asked capital residents to stockpile food supplies for seven days.

"If the government wants to disperse farmers' protests or arrest us, we are all ready to die, and donate our bodies," he said....

A very determined level of intent being stated here.

Push has gone to shove and right onward into 'jackboot in the face',

and this lost face and growing debt by the farmers is causing

a true grass roots uprising against the liege lords minions treating them like dirt.

Edited by animatic

Soulbundy, stop being a keyboard warrior, I am only giving my opinion on things which this forum is all about. Baiting me is not going to work.

No offence intended,all good clean fun. Time we all chilled out a bit and had a laugh.

Good man, there is nothing better than a laugh sometimes.

If course it is an orchestrated event, mass demonstrations usually are. Does that make their grievances any less valid?

Gassing unpaid farmers or gunning them down would be instant political suicide.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

I do not know if their grievance are valid or not, what I do know is that this group is coming in from a very small area directly north of Bangkok which represents less than 1% of the Thai farming community, and they were in talks with sutheps people and encouraged (likely promised monetary consideration) by sutheps group! The tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannons were a suggestion for the remaining protestors in sutheps group or if these farmers did in fact try and overtake the airport like the yellow shirts did, obviously they have turned back around for whatever reason so the means I have suggested are only for the hard core protesters left in sutheps ranks thumbsup.gif BTW tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannons are non lethal force, by your twisting my suggestion around and stating "gassing people" and "gunning them down" either shows your complete ignorance or your extreme bias in this situation wai2.gif