Thai civic groups seek dissolution of Pheu Thai Party

webfact

And this speech at this time was one more misjudgment by the whole of Team Thaksin.

Pls don't insult formula 1...

Team Thaksin is nowhere near so professional, or it would have changed tyres a lot more quickly and been out of the pits it has created a lot faster. wink.png

Don't blink mate...they've already stolen the rubber.

Yingluck's speech on television was really stupid from a number of standpoints, and did nothing but harden criticism of the administration. But by lobbying for election votes, specifically citing the rice scheme - was a huge unforced error - for it opens her party up for dissolution on election law infractions. Back to facebook.

National Election was 2nd February, Yingluk won, there aren't enough seats left to change the winner. So comments made 18th Feb could have no bearing on the election result at all!

Then of course Suthep and Abhisit have been ranting endlessly about the rice scheme, so if you ban Pheu Thai, you then have to also ban the democrats for the exact same reason.

What a sad joke this coup has become.

wow you know the results already ..you are an impressive lady...smile.png or you have an un named source

So the list is growing of agencies, people and independent organizations that are against the PTP. Green Politics group and the Thai Constitution Protection Association can be added to the following list.

World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, the Environmentalists, the corn farmer, rubber farmers, rice farmers, medical association, rural teachers, academics, Supa, global economists, IMF, private banks, GSB, the EC, AoT, the courts, military, bangkok middle class, business owner, state enterprise staff, Buddhist monks, civil servants, labor unions and "The Nation" newspaper.

All demonized simply because they don't agree with the PTP.

You missed me !!! eagles supporter by cheesy.gif the way.

eagles?...hmmmm...I think that was deliberate

The palace still have supporters!!! I can't understand why they changed it from the Glaziers as that opens up all sorts of avenues for sponsorship deals - Anglia??

I like how the Nation Multimedia propaganda group "journalists" pump out 20 headlines a day such as "Thai civic groups" and "Thai academics", when its just one or two yellow shirt morons under a different name.

I guess if all the headlines read "4 yellow shirts <deleted> seek dissolution of PTP", "14 yellow shirt morons seek dissolution of PTP", "11 yellow shirt idiots seek dissolution of PTP", "20 yellow shirt punks seek dissolution of PTP", "1 yellow shirt monk seek dissolution of PTP", the nation propoganda machine would start to get even more boring and predictable than they already are.

• Like 2

I like how the Nation Multimedia propaganda group "journalists" pump out 20 headlines a day such as "Thai civic groups" and "Thai academics", when its just one or two yellow shirt morons under a different name.

I guess if all the headlines read "4 yellow shirts <deleted> seek dissolution of PTP", "14 yellow shirt morons seek dissolution of PTP", "11 yellow shirt idiots seek dissolution of PTP", "20 yellow shirt punks seek dissolution of PTP", "1 yellow shirt monk seek dissolution of PTP", the nation propoganda machine would start to get even more boring and predictable than they already are.

Bang on point with THAT one moonao.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

The only thing more ridiculous than her speech is the belief that it should warrant dissolution of the her party.

I mean seriously, government speeches that promote me their policies (however silly they are) should result in a dissolution of the party? facepalm.gif

I fear for Thailand now. Sutheps plan A to oust the government via protest and coup failed miserably, his comrades plan B to oust them via the courts is failing in equal measure. What we are left with is a government that is quite prepared to limp on to the detriment of the nation, and an opposition with no strategy to remove them having refused to even stand against them, also to the detriment of the nation.

Stalemate and without any compromise on the cards. Moving past the immature "I LOVE SUTHEP" and counter "I LOVE THASKIN" comments that re-circle here on every topic by the same dozen posters, it really is an economic disaster Thailand is in now. By the 2nd quarter of this year its nearly certain to slip into recession, and the economy may be the least of everyones worries by then.

So the list is growing of agencies, people and independent organizations that are against the PTP. Green Politics group and the Thai Constitution Protection Association can be added to the following list.

World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, the Environmentalists, the corn farmer, rubber farmers, rice farmers, medical association, rural teachers, academics, Supa, global economists, IMF, private banks, GSB, the EC, AoT, the courts, military, bangkok middle class, business owner, state enterprise staff, Buddhist monks, civil servants, labor unions and "The Nation" newspaper.

The Green Politics Group is an offshoot of PAD and their leader has been heavily involved with the NSPRT, so not exactly an 'independent organization'. Obviously there's a number of disparate groups in the list you've compiled but those groups are not monolithic. Certain sections might be against PTP but not all of them, for instance, not even *all* the middle class is against PTP, and far from all the rice farmers are against them, in fact it's likely most rice farmers are still pro-govt. Not sure how you can say the IMF, HRW, UNHCR etc are 'against PTP'. Being critical of certain policies is their role, that doesn't mean they're against a specific party. Certainly HRW have been just as critical of Suthep's group as they have of the govt. Whilst the IMF mildly criticized the rice pledging scheme, suggesting that it might be better if the govt gradually phased it out in favour of direct cash transfers (which I agree with) but this was one part of a generally positive report - far more positive than most on here would have it.

However, you're right about the courts, the EC, the military and The Nation at least. lol.

• Like 1

Yingluck's speech on television was really stupid from a number of standpoints, and did nothing but harden criticism of the administration. But by lobbying for election votes, specifically citing the rice scheme - was a huge unforced error - for it opens her party up for dissolution on election law infractions. Back to facebook.

National Election was 2nd February, Yingluk won, there aren't enough seats left to change the winner. So comments made 18th Feb could have no bearing on the election result at all!

Then of course Suthep and Abhisit have been ranting endlessly about the rice scheme, so if you ban Pheu Thai, you then have to also ban the democrats for the exact same reason.

What a sad joke this coup has become.

wow you know the results already ..you are an impressive lady...smile.png or you have an un named source

I gave you the link! All you had to do was click it and read the numbers and calculation methodology!

Really either Pheu Thai was going to win, or Suthep was going to win. Democrats were not running and smaller parties don't have enough candidates.

If Suthep won, then enough seats would have not enough voters to be above the 20% minimum and that seat would be empty.

If Yingluk won, then turnout would be high enough to give her the seats to win.

So whether the EC releases the result or not, we know from the turnout figures and No Votes, that Yingluk won.

[added: that election wasn't about who, it was about Democracy or PDRC, Suthep got only 1 seat low enough to be voided, even if he gets every single remaining seat voided it won't make the difference]

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

It was very clearly a violation of the Organic Law on Organising Elections. She used a government TV channel to campaign in the election which is not yet completed and promises about using public funds to help various groups.

Edited by Dogmatix

It was very clearly a violation of the Organic Law on Organising Elections. She used a government TV channel to campaign in the election which is not yet completed and promises about using public funds to help various groups.

Not in the government rules its not!! Thaksin doesn't agree with it and dismisses it out of site, so it is OK.

Banning a political party is misguided as it will just reform under a different name.

However, politicians who are proven to be involved in corrupt practice should be e banned for life from involvement in public life.

A Politician consulting with or taking advise from any such convicted person should also be equated with malfeasance.

• Like 1

But apart from all that lot everyone loves Pheu Thai, don't they?

I remember they kicked out Samak cuz he appeared in a cooking program so mentioning the election in election time will probably enough to get her resigned. Great this floppy democracy .... mai pen rai, mai pen rai ...

He didn't get kicked out for appearing on a cooking show. He got removed for having another job at the same time he was PM. It does not matter what that job was. Also he could have been reinstated as PM but thaksin decided he wanted his brother in law instead.