Thai Army chief denies knowing anonymous armed fighters helping protesters

webfact

I've found another of these black bandana group members.

attachicon.gifshooter-at-jor-por-ror.jpg

He was next to the Jor Por Ror junction shooter at the Pah Fah bridge. (Source pantip)

Thanks BNC. First picture that I've seen. Zoom into the hand gun. Very strange way to hold it.. almost like he has a spanner wedged in the handle!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kudos to everyone paying attn to the social media alternative pics out there, this is what is called freedom of information.

Even if it often asks more questions than there are answers at the moment it is clear its getting harder for those in the shadows to operate without being seen and exposed.

Thank you to all who post pics and vids here it adds far more to TVF than Nation or PBS propaganda ... well done to all its a shame TV dosnt allow so many to stay up .. imo they should do.

• Like 1

This is what I love about social media.

There are now names and faces for most of the people involved with PDRC on the guns side. pantip is showing the same as Bluenose codger is saying so these names and pics are right out there now in the mainstream social media.

This is what makes a coup so hard now, there is just too much information out there that the forces and elites don't want out there.

Well done mate and keep up the good work.

As there are names for these people, i am sure they will not be running free for ever.

Next up, these faces are doing the rounds of twitter and pantip

BhA-DmtCMAAZki_.jpg

Patpending, the policeman, was the one who announced he was changing sides and then joined the protest group. There's so many games going on it's difficult to locate the real people from the shills, so I don't know if he's real or PR, he was pictured on their promotional facebook page as a switcher.

Maybe he thinks its best, maybe he's doing a PR thing. Maybe its a mixture of both. Going rate for protestors now is 2000 baht a day, so at that price even I was tempted to join them! whistling.gif

• Like 1

"He said nobody knew details of the armed group but would like all relevant government agencies to investigate and collect all evidenced for clarity."

So that once it is collected, it can be summarily destroyed.

"He said what they spoke was just a hearsay with nobody having clear information, adding that such hearsay would only confuse the public and undermine peace."

Anyone who doesn't have proof positive of what really happened (ie, everyone in the universe) should not comment. Not shutting up about this threatens peace.

General, be a man. Show that you're master of your domain & take responsibility the Thai way - at least allude to the fact that it was the army (what in the **** else could men in black - the same ones who topped Seh Daeng - be under the jurisdiction of?) by saying something to the effect of "Some elite units may have been in plainclothes or otherwise in order to contain the violence [even though they actually instigated it, but we appreciate the need for that sort of diplomacy]"

"He said he was concerned about the use of war weapon and would like all sides to follow the process of law."

Same thing Ban Ki-Moon says when war breaks out in some African sh!thole. Might as well wish for Jao Mae Guan Im to deliver 500,000 unicorns to Bangkokian schoolchildren.

Check out www.nytimes. com,

I know you will most likely be one of those yellows that saw the policeman drop the grenade!

Anyone but an idiot can see it hit the policemans shield as soon as he place it on the flank of the line, had not the policeman that called him over to fill that hole in the sheildline, great thinking save policeman's lives that day, and is the type of man that should be respected (because he earned respect)!

Cheers

I saw it in great detail. The closed shields. The opening and the bomb dropped but not rolling where it was supposed to.The cop dropped the bomb and blew his foot up. What is wrong with you?

You need to see an optician then. Watch the hd video, you can see it fly in from the right of frame and bounce off the shield.

If I'm any colour, I'm yellow, by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Quote Causalbiker

You saw the grenade thrown.. excellent ..please post a picture or video of the thrower!

Thanks!

kikoman

I already posted the video I mentioned! (you tube) (Camera catches attack on Bangkok cops CNN news) It is there today , do not ask for it again tomorrow!!

Kindly post your documentation where I ever said I saw the Grenade Thrower, there you go with your misrepresenting facts again! If you can not prove you posted contention, i will never respond personally to any of your misrepresentation, I may answer with a who ever it may concern post.

If you have any documentation that shows otherwise post it, now or is your version not documentable like everything else you post!

Cheers

must ignore casual biker and the rest of the trolls. really. they'll just run to a teacher and cry about you when you prove them wrong.

The vids all out there and if people want to live in ignorance, let them.

If they want to know more, there is the internet available to them.

Yes, correct!

Also on the video's there are posted on You tube Video's of immediately before the explosion and immediately after the explosion.

I have seen 3 versions of the grenade attack on the police, the one where the officer kicked the grenade, CNN filming from behind the police line and a video taken from the side maybe from a bystander! all on You tube!

Thanks

attachicon.gifpopcorn shooter1.jpg

BNC.. is this the popcorn guy from 1st February ?

what do you think?

Looks like it to me, but my daughter is the faces expert, I'll ask her later. The guy behind, there's a much better shot than that I saw on Pantip. When I next find that I'll post it, it has him front faced, mask partially pulled down.

Where is the NSA when you need them?!

They've been busy spying on all of our holiday selfies, yet here is a paramilitary group, raised in the South of Thailand, brought into Bangkok, with its own Facebook page, the NSA has all the Facebook traffic for that, who is in the group, who gives them orders, international money transfers, the lot, and yet when you need them to blow the lid on this group of shooters, they're too busy spying on their own ex-girlfriends!

If Thailand has its phones tapped by the NSA as much as Indonesia, then they have all the phone calls, emails, SMS's, too, everything on their phones. Even, it seems, the ability to remotely turn on the mic and camera!

Look, AnonymousArmy Facebook lot, I assume you lot are here because I see lots of joiners talking the familiar language that I see in the Captains recruiting videos. Why not create a formal proper account here? State your case, make reasoned arguments not buzzwords and talking points and lets have a debate!

You would think any group named anonymous army on facebook would be being monitored, in fact im sure it is by someone, facebook is an intelligence services dream and you can bet its been noticed if only for where they are based and the violence in that region.

If they are indeed in bkk they are here with the full knowledge of the Thai army even if da man is using plausible deniability about personally knowing any details... if the Thai army arnt aware of anyone being here and who they are then they are incompetent at the very least and cannot claim to be upto the job of the nations national security.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern!

You tube, "Camera catches attack on Bangkok cops CNN news"

You tube "9 Raw second angle of protest grenade attack"

You Tube, "moments after the Granage attack on the Thai police" Re: Grenade spelled that way on the video

These are the News footages videos I have posted to

Cheers

what do you think?

Looks like it to me, but my daughter is the faces expert, I'll ask her later. The guy behind, there's a much better shot than that I saw on Pantip. When I next find that I'll post it, it has him front faced, mask partially pulled down.

They've been busy spying on all of our holiday selfies, yet here is a paramilitary group, raised in the South of Thailand, brought into Bangkok, with its own Facebook page, the NSA has all the Facebook traffic for that, who is in the group, who gives them orders, international money transfers, the lot, and yet when you need them to blow the lid on this group of shooters, they're too busy spying on their own ex-girlfriends!

If Thailand has its phones tapped by the NSA as much as Indonesia, then they have all the phone calls, emails, SMS's, too, everything on their phones. Even, it seems, the ability to remotely turn on the mic and camera!

Look, AnonymousArmy Facebook lot, I assume you lot are here because I see lots of joiners talking the familiar language that I see in the Captains recruiting videos. Why not create a formal proper account here? State your case, make reasoned arguments not buzzwords and talking points and lets have a debate!

You would think any group named anonymous army on facebook would be being monitored, in fact im sure it is by someone, facebook is an intelligence services dream and you can bet its been noticed if only for where they are based and the violence in that region.

If they are indeed in bkk they are here with the full knowledge of the Thai army even if da man is using plausible deniability about personally knowing any details... if the Thai army arnt aware of anyone being here and who they are then they are incompetent at the very least and cannot claim to be upto the job of the nations national security.

My sentiments exactly, the military has ongoing intelligents on any and every group in the country, they know who these people are, if they fail to address the problem it is because these groups are present with the blessing of the military!

Cheers

what do you think?

Well one of the army recruiters was arrested, the Captain I mentioned in this post. He's in Dusit jail now, and the evidence is all there on the web for the rest of the recruiters. And they clearly saw the videos of these recruiters from July last year too, because they arrested him.

I suspect they left their facebook site because it identifies them all, they're constantly connected to it, their phones are telling facebook who, where, when, eveything!

Facebook has this facematching algorithm too, it can find the same face in lots of different peoples facebook sites and match them up, so it's a real gold mine.

I think they arrested the Captain first mostly because he says lots of bad things about the Thai army leadership in his videos, not just anti-government rants, anti-General rants. I tried embedding the video with English translation of what he was saying in this thread last night, but the mods deleted it because it was a Thai video. All their recruting videos are easy to find when you search in Thai on their names, but guidance from moderator last night was not to post any Thai videos or text.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Couldn't make this up could you. What a great exchange of information on all sides.

Nation as sponsor of Thaivisa is virtually becoming an on-looker as the forum is more in line with new social media.

It does get difficult with the Thai as even if we speak a bit of Thai, it's hard to filter out any serious LM that might be on it.

I'm happy enough that the Thai videos don't show up, it's enough to know that there is a massive witch hunt on for these gunmen and it bypasses the old media and often pressures the courts through public opinion.

Nation left today reporting on Social Media, so there needs to be serious reform here someday soon as they have shed a lot of readers with this guff they are posting.

Note.

How to capture pics before people have the chance to take them down, This is what they are telling me on other media.

hit the Prtsc button at the top right of keyboard and it copies everything that is on your screen (a screenshot as it is, you then paste it as a photo and it's there even if it is later removed.

This is what the CMPO are doing as people are bailing out of Sutheps putch and trying to clean out their FB pages. This is why they asked for pics to be sent through FB..... They have stored the lot for all time.

Those goons are now spread far and wide across the net and they cannot remove their mug shots now. I've seen at least 6 people arrested this month on Thai TV, with whistles and guns. They get them at road blocks away from the stage areas.

They are now having to hunker down and sleep on site..... Leaders will soon get tired with that.

Note. How to capture pics before people have the chance to take them down, This is what they are telling me on other media. hit the Prtsc button at the top right of keyboard and it copies everything that is on your screen (a screenshot as it is, you then paste it as a photo and it's there even if it is later removed. This is what the CMPO are doing as people are bailing out of Sutheps putch and trying to clean out their FB pages. This is why they asked for pics to be sent through FB..... They have stored the lot for all time. Those goons are now spread far and wide across the net and they cannot remove their mug shots now. I've seen at least 6 people arrested this month on Thai TV, with whistles and guns. They get them at road blocks away from the stage areas. They are now having to hunker down and sleep on site..... Leaders will soon get tired with that.

Patpending, there's better ways to save data before it gets deleted!

1) From the browser, save the webpage as 'complete', it saves all the text and the pictures.

2) For Youtube videos, well if you have firefox, use a plugin like 'DownloadHelper', and you can save the videos from youtube and a lot of the news sites own embedded flash players, including Facebooks. That's how I get the videos, you can put the highest resolution version into Photoshop (you need CS6 or higher to support video) to step through videos frame-by frame and use the filters to enhance it.

3) Right click on a picture, click "Save Image as.." on the menu that pops up.

4) If all else fails, as you say, press the Print Screen button on the keyboard, and paste it into Microsoft paint, or ALT+PrntScreen copies only the top window snapshot to the clipboard, which is usually what you want.

When you get to the real pro level of storage, there's web crawlers that let you archive a snapshot of a whole site in one go, e.g. SurfOffline and similar tools. You set them against a URL and leave them to grab everything to a defined depth, which you can then dig through.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Blown up picture of gun

Is that not some sort of gun case? It looks like it's in a leather/vinyl or similar gun case, and he's pulling back the leather part with fingers on his left hand, while holding the gun one handed in his right.

If you use photoshop, zap it up with the smart sharpen filter and you'll see what I mean.

what do you think?

Popcorn man is rather fat and the rifle in the green bag looks like an Israeli Tavor TAR-21 from its muzzle and the cradle like trigger guard he seems to be holding. The cops found so M16 shells which is the same NATO ammo the Tarvor is chambered for. Also most of his shells would have been collected in the bag or picked up by his spotter.

Blown up picture of gun

Looks like a .357 Magnum and he is holding what looks like the holster in his left hand. It's a clip-on holster and, if kept in a cargo pants or jacket pocket it would come out with the gun and no time to put it away. This piece looks too big to keep inside a a waste band comfortably. If it's a .357 Magnum it can use the more readily available, less powerful but less traceable .38 ammo too. That would rather defeat the object of having such a cannon but it would still be great for face purposes.

Edited by Dogmatix

Couldn't make this up could you. What a great exchange of information on all sides.

Nation as sponsor of Thaivisa is virtually becoming an on-looker as the forum is more in line with new social media.

It does get difficult with the Thai as even if we speak a bit of Thai, it's hard to filter out any serious LM that might be on it.

I'm happy enough that the Thai videos don't show up, it's enough to know that there is a massive witch hunt on for these gunmen and it bypasses the old media and often pressures the courts through public opinion.

Nation left today reporting on Social Media, so there needs to be serious reform here someday soon as they have shed a lot of readers with this guff they are posting.

The Nation doesn't sponsor Thai Visa. Lots of things have changed since you were here under your previous name.

Sent from my phone ...

Evidence suggests it's these guys:

The picture comes from their Facebook page here, where they call themselves the 'Anonymous Army' in English, but the Thai words are more like 'Anonymous Battallion':

https://www.facebook.com/AnonymousArmy

The history copy of their group photo is here:

http://fposts.com/fbpost/412682772176554_475220612589436

It was taken at this location (link to street view) next to Democracy monument at bridge, back around December 3rd:

These black bandana people have been seen repeatedly in this attack:

e.g. when the tyres were slashed:

The 'witness' they claimed said the police dropped the hand grenade when trying to throw it has one (and had a police uniform in his hand!) had one

The man holding up the cartridges had one

IMHO, they're all part of the same popcorn group.

Thank you That is so really great info,

on the grenade every yellow in Thailand can lied and get away with it because the court will believe them, Charerm had a great Idea to invite the media, the western media is showing the grenade explosion and it speaks for itself, the protesters threw it.

Cheers

We've been over this. You don't know that it was a protester that threw the grenade. You are making an assumption. You have no facts.

It could just as easily gave been a government goon mingling in the crowd to make the protesters look bad and justify use of greater force by the authorities later on. The police are now demanding weapons because of this incident. That may well have been the intent.

Or maybe not. The point is that you don't know.

Assigning blame based on evidence such as 'he was dressed like a protester' really is stupid. The grenade that injured 40 protesters a while back was also thrown from within the protest lines by someone dressed...as a protester!

It would be nice if you would engage some critical reasoning facilities instead of slavishly interpreting 'evidence' in whatever way fits in with your fixed ideology.