Yingluck says Thailand remains investment haven for foreigners

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought she lived in Thailand, not cloud cuckoo land ...

I could have told you she has never been in touch with reality when she 'surfaced' in 2010. I thought 'oh no, what a disaster this'll be for thailand' She never had a hard day in her life, no experience other than a desk in an office given by her brother (doing jack there).

She never knew reality for most folks.

A prison cell for her graft and lies and mismanagement, along with sheer stupidity would give her a glimpse of real people, shopping detox, and time to contemplate the meaning of life other than image and shopping.

• Like 1

YES .....Come on down all Farang spinners ,grinners and winners ! Thailand is most definitely the investment haven for you suck..rs ,sorry farangs. We just lost over 400 bill baht with our rice , Had to cancel our forthcoming tractor show at the airport , people are still wandering ,sleeping and entertaining our streets .Entrances to our govt buildings are being blocked ,some with cement , death on a daily basis, carnage daily on the roads, average of nearly 1 bus fatality a week , we were proudly ranked as the Worlds second best place of chance to die in. We still don't know what to do with our plastic bags and garbage other than to leave it on the ground or sweep it out to sea with our septic and our homeless dog problem is so good that we had to stop Vietnam and Cambodians taking them out of our country to eat cause it was shortening our supply!! Now the investment opportunities abound !!! We need more concreters , litterers , animal lovers, entertainers, tractors and soon farmers !!! Calling all FARANG COME ON IN THAILANDINVESTMENT HAVEN ..I PROMISE!

Yingluck.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yingluck says Thailand remains investment haven for foreigners

cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> Yes, everyone, please click LIKE clap2.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25> clap2.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif alt=giggle.gif width=20 height=25>

......Am I missing an opportunity here .....duh!

........is this really happening....

...a Facebook Prime Minister.....

...this is a bad joke......

...anyone can type anything behind someone's account....but this is not an acceptable way to run a country....

...never mind that it is all rhetoric to cover up the serious wrongs that have taken place at the hands of this present 'government'...

...excuse after excuse after explanation after explanation after rationalization....

...on the eve of the first Thai bank collapse .........this time around....

Oh, an investment haven! Well, i better get investing right away. I had thought caution was the right strategy, to watch and wait, see if a civil war or something breaks out. In fact i had thought that in the long tern, if they can find some way of resolving their internal conflicts, that it might be an attractive investment region for the future. But no, in fact, its actually an investment haven right now, a paradise no less for foreign investment. Not just attractive, but a haven. Ok, thats clear then, the lady in charge has spoken. I wonder if this could even be as good as that time i bought London Bridge?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh, an investment haven! Well, i better get investing right away. I had thought caution was the right strategy, to watch and wait, see if a civil war or something breaks out. In fact i had thought that in the long tern, if they can find some way of resolving their internal conflicts, that it might be an attractive investment region for the future. But no, in fact, its actually an investment haven right now, a paradise no less for foreign investment. Not just attractive, but a haven. Ok, thats clear then, the lady in charge has spoken. I wonder if this could even be as good as that time i bought London Bridge?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Oh I needed that cheesy.gif "thanks!"

Did she post this on her FB on the way to the airport ... woops .. farmers there ... she might want to look for another escape route

This Government is so full of s*&t, it is making me sick. I live in Chiang Dao Thailand (Chiang Mai Province), where there has been a big outbreak of H1N1. More than 20 people, are dead from it, in Chiang Dao alone, so far. Our daughter barely survived on the way to McCormick Hospital, where she was treated with Tamiflu and other medications, upon arrival.

Meanwhile, the Government is suppressing this information and more people are dying in Chiang Mai Province every day.

This is on top of the Rice scandal, the violent attacks on peaceful protesters, etc.

If you don't believe me, phone McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai and ask how many people have been diagosed with and treated for H1N1 there. Then phone Chiang Dao Hospital, who admitted, that three people have already died from H1N1 there, in the past two weeks (when it fact it was more than 20).

For the sake of exports and tourism, this Government lets people die.

Sad...very sad!

• Like 2

Invest in Thailand?......I've sold my house and I'm not bringing another cent into this country except for food for the family until the Shiniwatra's are gone.

I hear ya. I've invested enough in this Country, too. It used to be a good place to live, until Thaksin took over, but now, I don't care anymore.

"Amazing Thailand"

brought to you by Skype, Facebook & Twitter.

The Kingdom of Thailand, run by a megalomaniac from a penthouse in Dubai using Skype to communicate with his puppet sister performing the role of Prim Minister who posts government updates to the world on her Facebook page.

Truly amazing stuff.

It's almost as if Orwell's 1984 had been re-written as a comedy.

Or maybe a film. What about 'Carry On Thailand' staring Sid James as Chalerm, Kenneth Williams as Thaksin, Bernard Breslaw as Suthep, Hattie Jacques as Pojaman, Barbara Windsor as Yingluck.....

smile.png

Edited by bigbamboo

Thailand would be an even better place to invest if Yingluck were on the moon with her brother Thaksin and her dog Chalerm.

unfortunately more than half the country would disagree with you .

if it were so a bunch of disreputable thugs would be in charge and accountable to nobody whilst they cleaned out the kitty and the less well off got poorer and more desperate

• Like 1

Thailand would be an even better place to invest if Yingluck were on the moon with her brother Thaksin and her dog Chalerm.

if it were so a bunch of disreputable thugs would be in charge and accountable to nobody whilst they cleaned out the kitty and the less well off got poorer and more desperate

As opposed to the disreputable convicted criminal Thaksin in charge which you obviously prefer.

• Like 1

Where do you get the more than half the country bit from? Your imagination? Or is it that 48% of the 75% who voted "landslide majority" again.

You PTP reds just can't tell the truth even when the facts are easily available.

...anyone can type anything behind someone's account....but this is not an acceptable way to run a country....

...never mind that it is all rhetoric to cover up the serious wrongs that have taken place at the hands of this present 'government'...

...excuse after excuse after explanation after explanation after rationalization....

Happening the world over in countries where freedom of the press are curtailed. In thailand the elites own and control the press. Why wait for a gap in the 100 per week anti gov articles the media are cobbling together?

Hence, this week Nation, BP and Thaivisa have been festooned with anti gov articles, propaganda and biased op. eds dressed up as news. We even had a Thailand elite card article and one about thaksin and Yingluck having to go to Gov house to perform black magic rights. From alleged newspapers. Give me FB anyday, least they can say what they want and we can argue and refute as we see fit.

FB and twitter do the job. they reach many times more people than the old style elite rags.

Well done. I note most of the arab spring took place on FB.

Pity the elites think it is still 1960 and for the plebs to sound an opinion means a letter to a newspaper that never publish things they don't like.

FB PM works for me, and it will work for the country. The nation and BP will surely end soon as they have disgraced themselves this week.

Many on here are badly informed purely due to them NOT using social media!!!

Edited by Patpending

It's a sad day when the the Prime Minister of a country makes announcements of national importance via Facebook blink.png

Why is it sad? There are so many (young?) Thais who get their news there. It is after all, 2014.

Just a pity a lot of old falangs don't expose themselves to media that comes from angles they don't understand or that cause them discomfort.

Most people in the world get all their news from social media. It is a very smart move from Yingluck and let the nation and BP print out their guff and leave it on the newstands.

Google search is awash with articles stating that FB and Twitter and more widely read than old mainstream media.

http://stateofthemedia.org/2012/mobile-devices-and-news-consumption-some-good-signs-for-journalism/what-facebook-and-twitter-mean-for-news/

So who's the smart one, and who are the Luddites.

Invest in Thailand?......I've sold my house and I'm not bringing another cent into this country except for food for the family until the Shiniwatra's are gone.

I hear ya. I've invested enough in this Country, too. It used to be a good place to live, until Thaksin took over, but now, I don't care anymore.

Has Thaksin been eating babies again? Oh that bad bad man! I've warned him before about that.

And as for that Yingluck! Her secret plan to make nuclear weapons is just disgraceful.

It's a sad day when the the Prime Minister of a country makes announcements of national importance via Facebook blink.png

Why is it sad? There are so many (young?) Thais who get their news there. It is after all, 2014.

Just a pity a lot of old falangs don't expose themselves to media that comes from angles they don't understand or that cause them discomfort.

Most people in the world get all their news from social media. It is a very smart move from Yingluck and let the nation and BP print out their guff and leave it on the newstands.

Google search is awash with articles stating that FB and Twitter and more widely read than old mainstream media.

http://stateofthemedia.org/2012/mobile-devices-and-news-consumption-some-good-signs-for-journalism/what-facebook-and-twitter-mean-for-news/

This is very true, Obama's You tube addresses to the electorate was very very successful and social media like it or not is a very effective way to reach a much more Tech savvy audience that are fed up with the broad sheet press bias. Especially the younger more liberal people who are the future. They are just loving this new freedom of information platform

when you consider how restricted things are here in reporting and how easy it is to get other opinion and reports from many sources FB isnt such a bad move at all. It reaches far more than a newspaper.

Reporting of what is seen and what isnt becomes that much more transparent when every phone becomes a possible tv news report and every blog becomes a reporters platform.... the great thing is it is getting almost impossible to silence the people and what goes on in the world.

This is great for the people of the world and very bad for the old guard who have distorted and reduced the worlds media to a few owners and used as a mouth piece to spread thier version of propaganda..

We can now read and see other perspectives and gain info that just wouldnt have been possible before...

Prediction is the old repressive ideals and regimes are slowly but surely going to crumble under the weight of this truly free press that is basically millions of reporters, cameramen and researchers that also have platforms and outlets all over the net and globe

Power to the people has never been more true than now.

It is a one sided statement. It is propaganda, not considered politics.

Happening the world over in countries where freedom of the press are curtailed. In thailand the elites own and control the press. Why wait for a gap in the 100 per week anti gov articles the media are cobbling together?

Hence, this week Nation, BP and Thaivisa have been festooned with anti gov articles, propaganda and biased op. eds dressed up as news. We even had a Thailand elite card article and one about thaksin and Yingluck having to go to Gov house to perform black magic rights. From alleged newspapers. Give me FB anyday, least they can say what they want and we can argue and refute as we see fit.

FB and twitter do the job. they reach many times more people than the old style elite rags.

Pity the elites think it is still 1960 and for the plebs to sound an opinion means a letter to a newspaper that never publish things they don't like.

FB PM works for me, and it will work for the country. The nation and BP will surely end soon as they have disgraced themselves this week.

If you think that BP, The Nation and TV represent the Thai press then you need to get out a bit more

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This is very true, Obama's You tube addresses to the electorate was very very successful and social media like it or not is a very effective way to reach a much more Tech savvy audience that are fed up with the broad sheet press bias. Especially the younger more liberal people who are the future. They are just loving this new freedom of information platform

when you consider how restricted things are here in reporting and how easy it is to get other opinion and reports from many sources FB isnt such a bad move at all. It reaches far more than a newspaper.

Reporting of what is seen and what isnt becomes that much more transparent when every phone becomes a possible tv news report and every blog becomes a reporters platform.... the great thing is it is getting almost impossible to silence the people and what goes on in the world.

This is great for the people of the world and very bad for the old guard who have distorted and reduced the worlds media to a few owners and used as a mouth piece to spread thier version of propaganda..

We can now read and see other perspectives and gain info that just wouldnt have been possible before...

Prediction is the old repressive ideals and regimes are slowly but surely going to crumble under the weight of this truly free press that is basically millions of reporters, cameramen and researchers that also have platforms and outlets all over the net and globe

Power to the people has never been more true than now.

Yingluck/Facebook - tech savvy?

God help us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ha! Some of us remember 2010 when the reds performed their 'black magic' rites of throwing collected human blood over government gates. The only reason for Facebook as I have noted above is for Thakin to directly issue statements as if coming from Yingluck. Helps keep Yingluck under control. And that is why she seems to only issue notices from there. The boiler room might have one think otherwise.

She uses Facebook because her government website is subject to hacking:

The official website of Prime Ministers Office was hacked today, and the words, quote: Yingluck is a slutty moron was posted.

http://thaishortnews.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/yet-another-sexual-related-attack-on-pm-yingluck-hacked-website-to-say-yingluck-a-slut/comment-page-1/

Although, for that matter, her personal websites are also subject to hacking:

The Twitter account of Thailand's prime minister was hacked on Sunday by someone posting criticism of her policies, a government official said. The unknown hacker ended a series of at least eight postings on the account of Yingluck Shinawatra with a taunt: "If she can't even protect her own Twitter account, how can she protect the country? Think about it."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/02/thai-prime-minister-twitter-hacked

Perhaps this latest silliness about Thailand being an investment haven is actually just someone's else idea of a cruel joke on her.