PT Asks Police To Protect Redshirts From Suthep

Lite Beer

The gist of my post was in response to your last paragraph, where you stated that the Red Shirt "the protests back then startet out just as peacefully as the anti-govt protesters today.", which IMHO is not correct, Red Shirts had a history of previous violence and in the period before the 2010 crackdown were both promoting acts of violence and committing them too.

For example this is from September 2009: The headline reads "Destroy the elite" over the seal of the Democrat party. Does it look like the sort of thing a non-violent group espouses?

One starking difference between now and then is that in 2010 groups and organizations deemed against the Red Shirts were the victims of acts of violence (bombings and shootings) while today... groups and organizations deemed against the Red Shirts are the victims of acts of violence (bombings and shootings)... well, fancy that, there´s no difference after all!

Yeah but slowly and surely the elites are losing their grip. Once was a time, not long past, that they just used the army, but now the army is divided and don't want to play their game any more. So now they have to resort to using a handful of "popcorn vendors".

Slowly but Surely!

Obviously they are not using enough, just now in Trat, PDRC rally attacked, 2 dead and several injured, including an 8 year old shot in the head.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooner or later it's going to come down to the Red Shirts to enter Bangkok and do the same thing the anti government people are doing. Block the courts, any democracy places of interest and of course pick a good spot to camp out. Doing it peacefully just as Suthep folks are protesting. Sooner or later the men in green is going to have to enter the picture and all hell will break loose. There is just too much hate between them to compromise.

.................................."Doing it peacefully just as Suthep folks are protesting.".....................................

Do you honestly believe the redshirts are able to do anything peacefully, do anything that does not involve firing bullets, grenades, molotov cocktails, acid etc. and setting fire to buildings and shopping centers ?

If so you have a lot to learn about Thaksin's army of terrorists.

It's worth noting that the events on the 19th of May, 2010 happened atfer several violent crackdowns on the the protesters. Not excusing anyone, just saying that things might have looked a lot different this time around too had todays government used the same approach.

And yes, the protests back then startet out just as peacefully as the anti-govt protesters today.

It's worth noting that you know fa about what happened in BKK in 2010.

It's also worth noting that the destruction of public, private and government property was not restricted to BKK, as I witnessed in Chiang Mai.

A pity the army were not there to control the red vermin.

One brother who strangles a colleague and another who is an expert chair thrower, this is the professionalism of the family of this nasty imp of a man. Oh the poor fool Thais who are naively following him. Oh the poor fool Thais who are naively following the Thaksin regime as well.

The gullible Thai population can of course be forgiven for their childlike ignorance due to the culture they've been brought up in, with it's tragic education system, greng jai, biased media and general encourgement of mass-delusion as to its place in the world. No wonder they've been gulled into believing the removal of Thaksinism will really affect a corruption that has been rife on every level of this society for decades before the rise of the blood-sucking Shinawatras. But are they really that stupid to believe all this PDRC crap or are both sides simply refusing to face the truth about themselves and take responsibility for the first time in their history? For that is surely the real problem Thailand faces today, that there is nobody adult enough in this kindergarten of a country to make a proper, honest, stand for decency (and indeed, actual modernism) beyond a handful of ineffective, white t-shirt-wearing, candle-lighting (true) democrats who are being drowned out in the deafening roar of stupidity.

Even so, as this is posted here in Thaivisa by a foreigner to an audience of fellow foreigners, what pains me personally is just how much my fellow falang should bloody well know better than to be supporting either side of this pathetic performance by a (clearly) still developing country. Just because you have a wife, business or property here doesn't mean you shouldn't be ashamed of yourselves for giving dishourable buffoons like Suthep or Thaksin your support.

............................................................Just because you have a wife, business or property here doesn't mean you shouldn't be ashamed of yourselves for giving dishourable buffoons like Suthep or Thaksin your support...........................................................

OK, fair enough, but what about me ? I don't support either of them, I just hate Thaksin and his whole rotten family and political regime with a passion. Have never really made any sort of comment about Suthep, don't have any interest in him but probably would if he ran the country in a devious manner a-la the Shinawatras.

Then you may not be one of the falang I was describing, though I do wonder why you "hate" one bunch of allegedly corrupt, self-serving criminals yet "never really made any sort of comment" about the other bunch.

To an extent, I do understand you being more vocal against one than another since I myself am finding one particular group to currently be more overtly obnoxious than the other one, however that doesn't mean I condone either of them, let alone actively support or defend them.

That's what I was talking about in my previous post, the numerous, obnoxious and seemingly brain-dead westerners posting on Thaivisa in support or defence of either side of this utterly unprofessional, immature tragi-comedy of errors that is the political climate of Thailand.

The fact these people are posting with the same immaturity and lack of decency as shown by all these Thai political figures is probably merely more evidence for the image of low class westerners being attracted to Thailand.

I am very happy that you understanding my way of thinking.

Though not too happy about you describing TV members who voice their opinion as .............................."the numerous, obnoxious and seemingly brain-dead westerners"..................................

It almost sounds like you are fishing for a reaction. whistling.gif

(And it is painfully obvious that you are just another quasi text book quoting red apologist who is using this mantra as an excuse to post comments on this forum.)

Edited by mikemac

@mikemac

They are brain-dead for sucking it up from the likes of Suthep and Thaksin [edit: and behaving like them on this forum, like bullies and children].

You are brain-dead for needing the comfort blanket of perceiving me to be living in your own black and white world [edit: that is, red and yellow].

@fasteddie

"I support my girlfriend and her family and friends in their struggle for democracy, not Thaksin, democracy!"

If this and only this is the case then your attack on me would show you failed to read my posts properly, since I have not criticised anyone - Thai or westerner - for supporting democracy.

In essence I am saying two things:

1. Both sides of Thai politics are unprofessional, unethical, immature and to my mind unworthy of responsibility.

2. Some westerners are posting here to show support for one side or another in such a way that resembles the mentality and behaviour of the Thai political figures themselves.

Edited by Squeegee