Looking for room near Silom for 5 months

Hi

I am currently looking for somewhere in Bangkok. I am going to study near Lumpini/Silom so this area preferably. I have absolutely no skills in looking for places, what to look for etc, so any help much appreciated. My budget is up to 12,000, but the less i spend the better. I am going to be here for 5 months.

All I am interested in is somewhere quiet, clean, wifi and safe and near BTS/MRT. if it has cleaning services every other day or something then great too

thanks

i hope the admnis do not ban me for posting this link. It will help you to just find accomodation anywhere in Bangers

http://9apartment.com/

plus. . . you can scan the city by foot. However since you limit your search to the Silom area, I suggest you spent a few days scouring away . .

it might however be very exhausting.

The above link limits efforts . . .

Edited by crazygreg44

Take a walk on Soi Ngam Du Pli which runs off Rama 4 between the Klong Toey and Lumpini MRT stations right in the area you want to be. I was just on that soi last night and there were a number of buildings with signs renting rooms. There are also several inexpensive older hotels such as the Royal Malaysia Hotel that might do a low monthly rate.

Soi Ngam Du Pli can also be accessed from Sahtorn Soi 1.