Elderly British Disabled Man Found Dead In Bathroom

Rimmer

Elderly British Disabled Man Found Dead In Bathroom
PATTAYA – February 20, 2014 [PDN]; at 12.30 p.m. Pol.Lt. Kwanchai Numkhanitsorn (Investigation officer of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) was notified that there was a foreign man who was found dead in a condo no. 243/560 on the 15th floor of View Taley 6 condominium on second road, central Pattaya, Moo 9, Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province, so he rushed to inspect at scene together with the rescuers of Sawang Boriboon Tharmmasatharn Foundation, Pattaya city.

At the incident there was a wheelchair and the corpse of Mr. Alan John, aged 66, in the bathroom. He was found on his side and there was a strong smell of decomposition. There weren’t any wounds or traces of assault. The officers assumed that he had been dead approximately 4 days.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/02/21/elderly-british-disabled-man-found-dead-in-bathroom/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-02-22

I lived in a condo in Australia for some time. Several died there. Most were found after two days as although it was a small block and everyone did tend to bump into people regularly no one usually noticed an absence for that long. He may well have lived alone but he may not have been lonely.

Sadly many are found in bathrooms as one of the first signs of heart or other problems can be the need to eliminate.

I hope he has a good life next time.

RIP Alan. A bathroom is a dangerous place in this country. You have to be extra careful. It's very easy to slip on a wet tile and hit your head as you fall.

Alan may have been alone when he died but he was part of the ex-pat community and it's good to see that there are people who mark his passing.

• Like 1

"I figure when I die there's a good chance I'll be alone, by choice. I hope my passing won't end up on Thai Visa where the event, or my entire life up to that point, will be dismissed as sad or suspicious by people who knew nothing about me."

Yeah, and hope the authorities don't let the local press in to take photos in ones underpants laid out on the floor along with a headline such as this poor fellow.

But those hopes won't come to fruition. Expect the worst.

Good news is that Rimmer will delete all the usual insensitive posts.

• Like 1

Sadly such deaths also occur in the U.K. old people living alone die very sad deaths.

R.I.P.

Thousands of old people die every winter in the UK through cold related illnesses as they cannot afford to heat their homes and eat, they have to make their choice. At least when they are in Thailand, they will not get cold and will always be able to eat.

RIP Alan. A bathroom is a dangerous place in this country. You have to be extra careful. It's very easy to slip on a wet tile and hit your head as you fall.

Alan may have been alone when he died but he was part of the ex-pat community and it's good to see that there are people who mark his passing.

Doubt if he slipped...he was disabled in a wheelchair. Presumably he could not walk or stand up. Either way it is still a sad outcome.

...I figure when I die there's a good chance I'll be alone, by choice. I hope my passing won't end up on Thai Visa where the event will be considered suspicious, or my entire life up to that point, will be dismissed as sad by people who knew nothing about me...

Yeah, and hope the authorities don't let the local press in to take photos in ones underpants laid out on the floor along with a headline such as this poor fellow.

Come to think of it, I don't think I can recall a time when I've seen a farang's death in Thailand reported in the local Thai news without the obligatory accompanying photo of him lying dead and naked or in his underpants for all to see.

Maybe the secret to eternal life in Thailand is never to take your clothes off. Either that, or they arrange his clothes in a more dramatic fashion for the photo. xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

Well,where ever he is now,its got to be better than Pattaya.

Not a very nice remark.

RIP Alan.

Wasn't meant to be derogatory to Alan, just my opinion on Pattaya. We all die alone whether we are surrounded by family or not. I hope it was quick and painless. When my time comes i hope its somewhere nice.