What sort of a girl do I have?

hellohello123

Give up. She deserves better.

No wonder you have problems with western women. If you talk anything like you write, you wouldn't get a second date.

Clearly you are not a Western woman.

I am, and the way he writes struck me as thoughtful and honest, which to most women is appealing, not off-putting.

Thank you, I'm just trying not to end up one of those who has lost everything and been taken for the biggest ride of his life, so I'm trying to be careful, and I'm trying to learn what sort of a lady I have

thats excellent however, having never met her, how would we be able to help you.

the benefits and the pitfalls of this relationship fall exclusively to you, so you should make your own decisions not seek advice from the embittered, indifferent or uninvolved posters here

Edited by HooHaa

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No wonder you have problems with western women. If you talk anything like you write, you wouldn't get a second date.

I am, and the way he writes struck me as thoughtful and honest, which to most women is appealing, not off-putting.

I am also a western woman & found the OP post to be quite pathectic, "sex twice a week" lol poor excuse for a male if you want my opinion

No really ? You read it ALL?

Sorry can't be bothered to find it in the OP, why is "sex twice a week a poor excuse for a male" ?

Sounds interesting though smile.png

Sounds like a mia noi for some rich korean businessman. Do not get involved as she had someone elses kid.

The parents being farmers tells the whole story. You are delusional if you think they are well off.

TLL is full of gold diggers.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

However, there are times when she doesnt contact me, however she has the time to update her facebook photos.

That's your answer.

biggrin.png

Interesting that some people need to go online to have others pointing out the obvious.

Amazing Thailand ...

Sheryl, on 22 Feb 2014 - 19:06, said:
Costas2008, on 22 Feb 2014 - 17:43, said:

If, I was a woman, I would never come near you.

You are complicated, uncertain of yourself, quite immature.

You aren't a woman and news flash, they may not take the same view of it.

I am a woman and the post does not strike me as at all immature, much the opposite.

Nor did it suggest to me a lack of self-confidence (takes a fair amount of self-confidence actually to be willing to put such personal details out there). My take is rather that as someone who has never lived in Thailand but having heard all the horror stories of relationships gone bad here (especially ones through online dating sites) , he has some realistic concerns and wants to bounce them off of people who do live here.

As for complicated -- most women consider that a plus. Complicated = depth = interesting. Something too few men are....

Now please guys, behave yourselves. If you don't want to read a post of this length, then - don't read it. If you don't have something useful to say then - don't say anything. Simple, really.

Sheryl, I have read previous posts of yours and always respected and agreed with your advice.

But, I'm sorry to say, not with this one.

If a grown up guy, after reading thousands of articles and stories, about the dangers involved in a Thai relationship and can not make up his own mind, but he has to ask strangers how to conduct his life, in my mind, he is immature and lack's of self confidence.

You are right, I'm not a woman, and as a man it's very difficult to understand women, but as I always have a straight forward thinking, I wouldn't bother too much with your romantic and complicated liking of men.

And the last thing, I want to say, is that I don't want this girl to get hurt, not her or anybody deserves that.

There is always the other side of the coin, and men are not always the victims.

• Like 1

Sheryl, on 22 Feb 2014 - 19:06, said:
Costas2008, on 22 Feb 2014 - 17:43, said:

If, I was a woman, I would never come near you.

You are complicated, uncertain of yourself, quite immature.

You aren't a woman and news flash, they may not take the same view of it.

I am a woman and the post does not strike me as at all immature, much the opposite.

Nor did it suggest to me a lack of self-confidence (takes a fair amount of self-confidence actually to be willing to put such personal details out there). My take is rather that as someone who has never lived in Thailand but having heard all the horror stories of relationships gone bad here (especially ones through online dating sites) , he has some realistic concerns and wants to bounce them off of people who do live here.

As for complicated -- most women consider that a plus. Complicated = depth = interesting. Something too few men are....

Now please guys, behave yourselves. If you don't want to read a post of this length, then - don't read it. If you don't have something useful to say then - don't say anything. Simple, really.

Sheryl, I have read previous posts of yours and always respected and agreed with your advice.

But, I'm sorry to say, not with this one.

If a grown up guy, after reading thousands of articles and stories, about the dangers involved in a Thai relationship and can not make up his own mind, but he has to ask strangers how to conduct his life, in my mind, he is immature and lack's of self confidence.

You are right, I'm not a woman, and as a man it's very difficult to understand women, but as I always have a straight forward thinking, I wouldn't bother too much with your romantic and complicated liking of men.

And the last thing, I want to say, is that I don't want this girl to get hurt, not her or anybody deserves that.

There is always the other side of the coin, and men are not always the victims.

You are spot on Costas.

We all read dozens of stories explaining the troubles with Thai women, and yet there seem to be an unlimited supply of men ready to fall for the very same tricks described over and over.

But without these would it be a TV general forum ?

• Like 1

I think this thread is useless without pics...

A common, but often appropiate refrain.

I like to who how the other side squeezes lives.

You play TV again ! smile.png

... biggrin.png ... Indeed I do ... Indeed I do.

It is but a wee pleasure this evening.

I missed the opening Football Game of the Season, so I could go Curtain shopping for the newly built bedroom, built for the newly born Twins.

Tis the life of a Father which I am squeezing into ... sometimes comfortable ... sometimes ... dry.png

Do you have kids? I have a much greater respect for Parents now-a-days!

BTW ... Curtains sourced, cost Bt2,000 with poles, ends and brackets.

Will borrow the Farm drill tomorrow morning and make an attempt to attach them to the wall in an orderly fashion.

I'm up in Bangkok mid this week ... up for a drink?

I think this thread is useless without pics...

A common, but often appropiate refrain.

I like to who how the other side squeezes lives.

You play TV again ! smile.png

... biggrin.png ... Indeed I do ... Indeed I do.

It is but a wee pleasure this evening.

I missed the opening Football Game of the Season, so I could go Curtain shopping for the newly built bedroom, built for the newly born Twins.

Tis the life of a Father which I am squeezing into ... sometimes comfortable ... sometimes ... dry.png

Do you have kids? I have a much greater respect for Parents now-a-days!

BTW ... Curtains sourced, cost Bt2,000 with poles, ends and brackets.

Will borrow the Farm drill tomorrow morning and make an attempt to attach them to the wall in an orderly fashion.

I'm up in Bangkok mid this week ... up for a drink?

I am lost: last week you were single free as a bird, now you are a Dad ?

I read the OP and it doesn't seem like there's much bonding actually happening.

Like, If this woman is so mysterious to you, is it really appropriate to be considering a future together (and taking on the child too)?

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

I am also a western woman & found the OP post to be quite pathectic, "sex twice a week" lol poor excuse for a male if you want my opinion

Yes unfortunately I would appreciate you opinion, are you suggesting that you want sex non stop ? If so I guess you are not married,! No I won't say more, it would be wrong

Sounds like a mia noi for some rich korean businessman. Do not get involved as she had someone elses kid.

The parents being farmers tells the whole story. You are delusional if you think they are well off.

TLL is full of gold diggers.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

THIS IS YOUR ANSWER OP

Would someone like to educate a narrow minded poster of some of the Very Rich Farmers out there sitting on long held Family Land worth a Kings Ransom if sold today.

<deleted> ... facepalm.gif

• Like 1

This is the problem.

From my lifetime experiences of Western women, 2 hints that a woman only sees the man as nice but not as boyfriend or marriage material.

First if she tells him he is cute and second if she remarks that he is a gentlemen or respectable, or in other words the woman does not perceive the guy in a manly, sexy, hunky sort of way, but more as a friend or sort of adopted brother.

Without being crude and my intentions are not to be smart or derogatory towards women, so please let me make this clear from the start, but many woman like a bit of animal magnetism in a man, some rough and tumble, as well and being honest and sincere, but sometimes over playing the gentleman image can put women off.

It`s strange really because I can remember at secondary school, the rough boys with arrogant attitudes always seemed to score with the most attractive girls and the nice guys used be be left in a sort of limbo, and were hardly noticed by the girls or simply didn`t appeal to them, or not as much anyway.

But as the wise man says; one man`s meat is another man`s poison and it is said; there is someone compatible for everyone out there somewhere.

• Like 2