Brunch recommendations for Nimen

Ebenweb

Eyecatcher, where is The Boat? I live around Nimmen and I don't think I have heard about it. (Edit: Found it - well past the Cana Road heading towards Doi Suthep.)

The OP can try Smoothy Blues on Nimmen and Soi 6 or Beer Republic on Soi 11.

Edited by roger1999

This is the 40bt bacon egg burger at the boat.

Thick homemade patty burger pork or beef as a choice, egg come omelette, bacon,onion, lettuce, cucumber.

post-150623-13931510074077_thumb.jpg

Now the downside. You have a 90% chance of getting a complete drongo to take your order and "fubar"

Today the girl came with order pad to look the part. As I was telling her what I wanted she was writing on the palm of her hand. I didn't want mayo on my burger. The wife afterwards said she can't write thai so will go to the kitchen with it on her hand and get another to write on the pad.

Well burger came blathered in mayo and it went back, together with my wifes khao pad which had a rather unappealing curly hair in it.

I think from 4 burgers I ever ordered 3 went back.

So cheap but you need the patience of a saint with the staff.

This is the 40bt bacon egg burger at the boat.

Thick homemade patty burger pork or beef as a choice, egg come omelette, bacon,onion, lettuce, cucumber.

attachicon.gif1393150948830.jpg

Now the downside. You have a 90% chance of getting a complete drongo to take your order and "fubar"

Today the girl came with order pad to look the part. As I was telling her what I wanted she was writing on the palm of her hand. I didn't want mayo on my burger. The wife afterwards said she can't write thai so will go to the kitchen with it on her hand and get another to write on the pad.

Well burger came blathered in mayo and it went back, together with my wifes khao pad which had a rather unappealing curly hair in it.

I think from 4 burgers I ever ordered 3 went back.

So cheap but you need the patience of a saint with the staff.

i like the Boat but don't order the beef burger. it's like eating the sole of a shoe. and if you order salad, tell them "no salad sauce" otherwise it will be completely smothered in that sweet white cream sauce Thais like. the only problem is that is the only sauce they have. so forget salad.

I personally like Sahara - soi 17 ,never been disappointed, for dinner that is.........unlike The Boat... lived at Lanna 3 condo for 3yrs and ate there more than a few times..... eyecatcher's description of the place is perfect..... cheap,cheap price but completely hit/miss with the order, amazing its still like that after so many years,especially with the development of that stretch of H.K road... with such a low-price one has to wonder about the quality of ingredients....."beef" burger comes to mind.....bah.gif

I personally like Sahara - soi 17 ,never been disappointed, for dinner that is.........unlike The Boat... lived at Lanna 3 condo for 3yrs and ate there more than a few times..... eyecatcher's description of the place is perfect..... cheap,cheap price but completely hit/miss with the order, amazing its still like that after so many years,especially with the development of that stretch of H.K road... with such a low-price one has to wonder about the quality of ingredients....."beef" burger comes to mind.....bah.gif

Hey don't doubt it.....seriously the food is top top notch imho.

Its the only place in chiang mai I have ever eaten a burger and its home made for sure.

Presentation of food is great......the economics could be down to the fact that burmese no marks are keeping wages down.

Inside the place there must be 50 tables, a lovely bakery shop selling bread and cakes and in the past looked to cater for coach loads,

a set breakfast for 50bt I think, coffee toast ham 2 eggs,...not a stomach filler but good value for a starter.

Worth a visit if you are in the area or even after a trip to maya.

mmm.....let me see, its been almost 8yrs since I lived in that area and gave up on the place in favor of other cheap eats,which abound in catering to the Uni-population of the area,perhaps I will have to give it a try someday since you say :

seriously the food is top top notch imho.

however, if you equate "top,top notch" with "cheap,cheap"price ..... then perhaps I'll just stay home and let the wife do the cooking thumbsup.gif

We went to the boat in the end and each had burgers. Small but fresh and quite tasty. Also had som tahm and seafood salad. All fresh, cheap and highly recommended. One plate did get forgotten, so keep an eye on the staff.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

G-Long is cheap and fairly tasty. Nr the entrance to Soi 13 I think.

Further down Nr Soi 15 is a nice looking salad restaurant (I think they do a bit more than rabbit food) that a mate says is nice.

Edited by Wong!

Eyecatcher, where is The Boat? I live around Nimmen and I don't think I have heard about it. (Edit: Found it - well past the Cana Road heading towards Doi Suthep.)

The OP can try Smoothy Blues on Nimmen and Soi 6 or Beer Republic on Soi 11.

The Beer Republic for brunch? Well, I guess if you want an early start....