Navy SEAL chief says foreign force responsible for Trat attack

Lite Beer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Navy seals have been implicated in being involved with the PDRC in the past. My guess is that this is a major diversionary statement. The Navy is trying to explain their failing. Pretty lax if a bunch of foreigners can infiltrate and commit this crime.

The uber-nationalistic premise that Thais won't actually hands on kill Thais,

so they farm out the work, is the only premise he has to base this on.

Unless there was intelligence, that has been held close to the vest,

about a band of mercenaries on the loose doing dirty things in the country.

That they could have full paperwork to travel through check points unimpeded,

might indicate a high level of conspiracy too, even more reason to be afraid

that it will bite you on the ass later.

Of course that this happened in an ostensibly Navy controlled region,

would make him want to say ANYTHING that would deflect from the

LACK of APPEARANCE of total control.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

Let's think about this... What foreign country has an interest in Thai politics? Which foreign country has long standing secret oil deals with deals with Thailand negotiated by the Shins? Who is currently in control of a country that issued a passport and visa to the fugitive? Now, as to why the Navy thinks it was a foreign entity that did the Trat bombings it's simple... The attackers may have well been foreign, but it came from the Shins nonetheless.

Pure and utter meaningless speculation.

• Like 2

RGD5 Grenades used in Trat attack

TRAT: -- Grenades used in Trat attack are RGD5, the same type as previous attacks at Bantad Thong, Victory Monument, and Pratunam intersection, Channel 3 reported.

So, I suppose those attacks were by foreigners as well?

I'm a little slow, but I think I'm detecting a pattern in Thailand's political mess and subsequent accusations following an act of violence:

#1: Blame the opposing political party.

#2: Blame the victim's party for launching a faux-attack to get the public's sympathy.

#3: Blame the "black shirt" 3rd party of para-military sharp-shooters, whoever they may be, but probably mercenaries of the party that you hate.

#4: Blame any branch of the military which may be trying to stir things up to promote a coup.

#5: Blame the foreigners.

Have I missed anything?

Have I missed anything? Maybe these?

Instigate violence against the other side, then blame the other side of doing it to themselves to blame your side.

Instigate violence against your own side, then blame the other side of instigating violence against your side in order to blame your side of doing it to yourselves to blame the other side.

Expand as necessary. Then quote the 50% of farangs that blame the other side, although all Thai know who did it, and why.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

Deploy the aircraft carrier to Trat. So the Cambodians can buy souvenir hats instead of shooting protestors.

They would have a job starting it up,its been dormant for so long,

believe its just a tourist attraction now,another waste of money,

aircraft carrier WITHOUT planes,typical Thai.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

I would give more weight to it being drunk football hooligans [red ones] after Trat were defeated by Chiang Mai FC in the season opener there last night. The game ended not long before the attack. Trat football fans are notoriously aggressive and violence is a common thing at and/or after matches.

How do you explain the similar attack in Klaeng 2 weeks ago?

Foreign attack? And what about the attack in Klaeng a few weeks ago? Almost exactly the same type of attack. Very soft target. In Rayong and Trat, they don't expect attacks like they do in Bangkok. This is homegrown terrorism, plain and simple.

Could be you're right... But all investigations began with some sort of speculation, and an investigation is a process of confirming or negating speculation with fact. Perhaps the Seal commander spoke too early, or wasn't concerned with releasing the facts that would have pointed to a foreign entity.

We're all in the dark as to "who" did this one... but I think we all can reasonably speculate as to the "who is" behind it.

Speculate? Who are you kidding? You've already said it was the "shins" in your post above.

If you're going to BS at least be consistent.

As mentioned, Trat is extremely close to Cambodia, very easy to launch an attack.

Regarding the identity of the grenade thrower at Victory Monument a few weeks back, they announced his name on TV this morning, from Kanchanaburi I believe, but he is now lying low in a neighbouring country the report said.

Oh no, Thailand is being infiltrated and attacked peaceful protest. That is a national security issue. We better raise issue with the country concerned to stop it before it develop into a full scale war.

It is very frightening that this navy commander ".... admitting that the area under the Navy’s responsibility is so large and therefore protection might not be thorough." I wonder what the Navy Chief has to say.

BTW, what was he trying to say "..........therefore protection might not be thorough." , "....under the Navy’s responsibility", "...adding he never expected they dared do it," So, he knows all the while which foreign forces did it.

Is the 'foreign force' the Thai army? Since it is the area of the Navy.

• Like 1

I would give more weight to it being drunk football hooligans [red ones] after Trat were defeated by Chiang Mai FC in the season opener there last night. The game ended not long before the attack. Trat football fans are notoriously aggressive and violence is a common thing at and/or after matches.

Maybe you are right....0-1 was the result. Also seems that all the Navy guys are not in trat coz their guys are playing against BCCU. Seems that everyone left their post for a soccer match...hehehehe.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

PureIy speculative but just suppose for a moment you ignore all the bias and motives from both sides and for argument's sake accept that there was foreign involvement of some sort here there would be one key question that needed to be asked. That is who would most benefit from the collapse of a popular movement attempting to overthrow a perceived corrupt yet democratically elected regime in SE Asia?

The most likely answer lies on Thailand's own doorstep where a similar situation is already brewing.....

I'm a little slow, but I think I'm detecting a pattern in Thailand's political mess and subsequent accusations following an act of violence:

#1: Blame the opposing political party.

#2: Blame the victim's party for launching a faux-attack to get the public's sympathy.

#3: Blame the "black shirt" 3rd party of para-military sharp-shooters, whoever they may be, but probably mercenaries of the party that you hate.

#4: Blame any branch of the military which may be trying to stir things up to promote a coup.

#5: Blame the foreigners.

Have I missed anything?

Yes, you have:

#6: Blame malevolent spirits

• Like 1

I don't think what he is saying is so outlandish. Cambodia is where all the red shirt terrorists fled so they've obviously got connections there. I seem to recall Charlem's son also fled there after killing that cop. Rumors of men in black from Cambodia. Thaksin's relationship with Hun Sen, etc etc etc.

Trat is right on the border. Easy for a couple of truck loads of hired trouble makers to run across the border and shoot up the Trat gathering and run back across .... disappear.

Thaksin's peanut gallery is certainly trying to rubbish the idea ... I wonder why.

Edited by rogerdee123

Motive. What would Taksin have to gain from stirring up violence? You could make that argument about 2010, but even then violence worked against PT. This time anyone smart enough to have that much money know violence hurt PT.

Its time to get Suthep of the streets. Your fight to continue exploiting Thailand for the old money is not worth a single childs life. His "reforms" are not worth a single human life. It doesnt matter if this is cold hearted and calculated moves by shadow figures or third party, PDCR is what triggers the violence. Get them off the streets and the Democrats back to the polls.

• Like 1

A very similar situation happened to me the other day. A baseball went through one of the windows of our home and after questioning my young son about it he replied, "Dad, don't ask me who did it, I can't believe they did it, and in my own backyard!" as he stared over our fence. (I think he suspects it was the neighbours kid?!)

Some foreign forces involved? Pure speculative nonsense. I was just in Koh Kong, Cambodia and travelled past Trad a few days ago. All I noticed were a couple of army checkpoints along the way (the same ones that were there 10 years ago when I went through the region for the first time) and the odd Cambodian car coming across the border, some Thai cars going over to the Cambodian side mostly for gambling (although quite a few Thai cars were parked in the driveways of Koh Kong residential buildings, suggesting family connections) and otherwise tons of tourists heading to/from Cambodia. Cambodian TV had the usual boring KTV clips and otherwise it was business as usual. If I were them I'd also be pretty sick of being accused of being behind a foreign country's political troubles. Absolute <deleted>...show us the evidence. The only thing the Khmers care about is keeping their Preah Vihear temple and aside from that they couldn't give a flying f*** about Thai politics.