Do you know how to lose weight and be healthy in Thailand?

thailampang2012

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Mangosteens are very healthy and indeed contain antioxidants but they will not cause you to lose weight.

Nothing other than consuming fewer calories than you burn will do that, and the easiest way to achieve that, is a combination of caloric restriction and exercise. Exercise not only increases what you burn, it also forces your body to burn fat making it in turn easier to stick to one's diet, whatever that may consist of, without strong cravings or hunger pains.

???

What about liposuction?

Mangosteens are very healthy and indeed contain antioxidants but they will not cause you to lose weight.

Nothing other than consuming fewer calories than you burn will do that, and the easiest way to achieve that, is a combination of caloric restriction and exercise. Exercise not only increases what you burn, it also forces your body to burn fat making it in turn easier to stick to one's diet, whatever that may consist of, without strong cravings or hunger pains.

???

What about liposuction?

Lipo is not meant for weight loss (though obviously some weight is lost). It is suitable for people who have already lost weight and have some problem COSMETIC areas that just won't ever be helped with food choices and exercise.

• Like 1

???

What about liposuction?

Lipo is not meant for weight loss (though obviously some weight is lost). It is suitable for people who have already lost weight and have some problem COSMETIC areas that just won't ever be helped with food choices and exercise.

liposuction is for people who lost weight too fast on a wrong diet that left them with extra skin and cellulite.

If they are stupid enough to hurt their own body that way, they can pay for surgery.

Calories restriction is the worst, it deprives your body of essential nutriments,and causes faster gain weight when resuming to normal.

It is possible to lose weight without consuming less calories.

It's not how much you eat it's what you eat.

I am currently eating over 2500 cal per day, on WFPBD no real exercise, and lost 25 pounds over 7 months.

No, that is not what lipo is for.

For people who lost a lot of weight and have ugly loose skin, there is a distinct kind of surgery for that.

It is not trivial.

It is not cheap.

It is NOT lipo.

lippo means fat

suction means to suck

They take a tube suck the fat out.

For people who lost a lot of weight and have ugly loose skin, there is a distinct kind of surgery for that.

It is not trivial.

It is not cheap.

It is NOT lipo.

lippo means fat

suction means to suck

Correct.

People with lots of loose skin don't need lipo, They need something completely different. A serious operation actually. It's a skin tightening. Not the same thing as Lipo.

Lipo is meant for people with limited SPOT areas of FAT that they can't lose with diet and exercise. It doesn't address LOOSE SKIN.

Lipo is a trivial procedure compared to loose skin operations.

Again ... different things.

Example, this poor man's main medical need is major surgery to tighten up his extreme loose skin. Not saying he might not also want some spot lipo. But those are different things:

post-37101-0-80248400-1399905707_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

It is not trivial.

It is not cheap.

It is NOT lipo.

lippo means fat

suction means to suck

Correct.

People with lots of loose skin don't need lipo, They need something completely different. A serious operation actually. It's a skin tightening. Not the same thing as Lipo.

Lipo is meant for people with limited SPOT areas of FAT that they can't lose with diet and exercise. It doesn't address LOOSE SKIN.

Lipo is a trivial procedure compared to loose skin operations.

Again ... different things.

Same same

Removing unwanted fat or tightening skin comes from the same idiotic diets which deprive your body from essential nutriments and losing weight too fast while not allowing the body to get rid of its own fat or give it time to tight its skin on its own

Sometimes loose skin is unavoidable. Especially for people who have lost a LOT of weight and also genetics, different skin types, older age, etc. It is generally thought that loosing weight more slowly reduces the risk of loose skin but if you're losing 300 pounds, I'd say your odds of a problem are high regardless.

Not sure why you insist on pushing the same same mantra. Loose skin operations and lipo procedures are simply not the same thing.

Edited by Jingthing

Sometimes loose skin is unavoidable. Especially for people who have lost a LOT of weight and also genetics, different skin types, older age, etc. It is generally thought that loosing weight more slowly reduces the risk of loose skin but if you're losing 300 pounds, I'd say your odds of a problem are high regardless.

Not sure why you insist on pushing the same same mantra. Loose skin operations and lipo procedures are simply not the same thing.

Right so the surgeon is removing the fat with his probe sucking tube and once the disgusting yellow fat is all in the jar, he stitches the skin loose, and leaves the patient with loose skin because it's not his field?

Ifyou have 300 pounds to lose you have more important worries than loose skin

Right so the surgeon is removing the fat with his probe sucking tube and once the disgusting yellow fat is all in the jar, he stitches the skin loose, and leaves the patient with loose skin because it's not his field?

You FINALLY got it! Truly amazing. Congratulations, sir!clap2.gif

Liposuction and Loose Skin: Will My Skin Tighten Back Up After Liposuction?

After liposuction, is there loose skin? When you have liposuction done, fat is removed from under the skin, but the skin stays the same size. It may hang loosely over the treated area. Liposuction was designed to remove fat, not tighten the skin. If only very small pockets of fat are being removed—a couple of ounces perhaps—the looseness may not be noticeable and the skin still drapes smoothly. However, in most cases, the skin is loose over the treated area and it will take a bit of time for it to shrink down to your new size.

How fast your skin takes to tighten up depends on several factors, but for most people, the skin does tighten up and the looseness disappears. If you have a considerable amount of loose, hanging skin from significant weight loss, you will more than likely need to have a lift procedure, which removes excess skin, rather than liposuction.

http://www.liposuction4you.com/liposuction_tightskin.htm

300 pounds loss was an extreme example of course.

Sometimes people who have lost something like 75 pounds which is very common have bad loose skin problems as well.

In such cases, patients will often report severe depression and the probably correct feeling that they were more attractive WITH the fat on them.

It's not a trivial problem at all.

Of course many or most will just gain the weight back so the cosmetic problem is "solved" that way but for those who don't, the only answer is expensive and major surgery.

Edited by Jingthing

and now I am a "Sir"....

I won't even bother to contradict you.

you are wrapped up in your beliefs, dialogue is pointless.

Just the facts. Lipo and fixing loose skin on people who have lost a lot of weight are different medical procedures. Lipo is not appropriate to lose a lot of weight; rather it is meant for spot fixes of problem areas. There are bariatric options (changing stomach size) for people with extreme obesity that have no other realistic hope.

I don't want people to get incorrect information here.

Edited by Jingthing

"We, foreigners, use to treat any health problem with prescribed drugs, and herbs and natural food supplements are not of very common use in our culture....In some countries those products also are expensive for daily use....but now....we are in Thailand...."

Well not all....all of my family never uses medications unless sick. My parents over 70 don't eat any single tablet or supplement.....I as well....

For the mangosteen, please note that these nice anti-oxidants are the red color outside....much fun eating it.

Hint: We in Europe have a similar natural food supplement which tastes much better and has similar antioxidants. It is very wide used and called red wine.

content mmol/100 g

Red wine has 2.5 antioxidants.

Black tea :1

green tea 1.5

Grape juice 1.2

Expresso ; 14

pomegranate juice 2.1

walnut 21

macha 100

berries 119

dried amla 261

dragon blood from Peru 2897

I don't live in Peru but here we have amla /makampom widely available

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1475-2891-9-3.pdf

Where would one go to buy amla? I think I have seen the preserved version during special holidays but don't want overly processed. Edited by yougivemebaby

and now I am a "Sir"....

Just the facts. Lipo and fixing loose skin on people who have lost a lot of weight are different medical procedures. Lipo is not appropriate to lose a lot of weight; rather it is meant for spot fixes of problem areas. There are bariatric options (changing stomach size) for people with extreme obesity that have no other realistic hope.

I see

when wrong,you just ignore the message, although you quote it.

"We, foreigners, use to treat any health problem with prescribed drugs, and herbs and natural food supplements are not of very common use in our culture....In some countries those products also are expensive for daily use....but now....we are in Thailand...."

Well not all....all of my family never uses medications unless sick. My parents over 70 don't eat any single tablet or supplement.....I as well....

For the mangosteen, please note that these nice anti-oxidants are the red color outside....much fun eating it.

Hint: We in Europe have a similar natural food supplement which tastes much better and has similar antioxidants. It is very wide used and called red wine.

content mmol/100 g

Red wine has 2.5 antioxidants.

Black tea :1

green tea 1.5

Grape juice 1.2

Expresso ; 14

pomegranate juice 2.1

walnut 21

macha 100

berries 119

dried amla 261

dragon blood from Peru 2897

I don't live in Peru but here we have amla /makampom widely available

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1475-2891-9-3.pdf

Where would one go to buy amla? I think I have seen the preserved version during special holidays but don't want overly processed.

You can find amla powder in some health food shops.

PM me if you need addresses

and now I am a "Sir"....

I see

I have the right to correct obviously specious information presented here. If you don't like, sorry.

and now I am a "Sir"....

I see

I have the right to correct obviously specious information presented here. If you don't like, sorry.

You are wrong I am NOT a sir

I am a woman and I think you have no business calling me so

I see

You are wrong I am NOT a sir

I am a woman and I think you have no business calling me so

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Kitsune: don't take it serious smile.png .....Most forum members in the "I'm too fat" forum had their discussions with Jingthing.....

I love Thai fruits and veggies. Most of Thai friends are healthy.

Most Thais here in the office have some health problems.

Most don't eat much fruits...the women more than the man. All but 2 man smoke. Many have some problems with alcohol (money morning disease).

Almost all favor ready to eat food from the 7/11.

Some, also the women can't cook....have no clue how to make a fried egg....

A few are very overweight.

All the women frequently use diet pills

There is that ongoing joke, if 7/11s close half of Bangkok would starve to dead.

• Like 2

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Kitsune: don't take it serious smile.png .....Most forum members in the "I'm too fat" forum had their discussions with Jingthing.....

Irrelevant. Do you agree that lipo and major surgery to fix loose skin after major weight loss are the same things or different things? Because that was the "conflict" here and I just don't think it is helpful to readers to suggest two things that are entirely different (and have different medical characteristics) are the same thing.

Why some people insist on talking about surgery on a topic called "How to lose weight and being healthy", is beyond me.

Madam, why not just acknowledge you posted incorrect information suggesting lipo and loose skin fixing surgery are the same thing, and be done with it? When I'm proven to be wrong I have no problem saying so. It's good for the soul!

Edited by Jingthing