BLUEPOINT AT A STANDSTILL

Gra777

I went past the Bluepoint development the other which is on the headland at the south end of Patong.The site is closed up with no work going on.A pal of mine was interested in an apartment there.Does anyone know what is happening?Not sure if my pal left a deposit

Never buy anything you can't walk into, feel, and touch. There is a condo project near me that has been abandoned for 5 years, except for the soi (condo) dogs that now live there. The website is still up and running with beautiful, scantily clad women swimming in the pool that is now a cesspool.

Edited by Shot

Never buy anything you can't walk into, feel, and touch. There is a condo project near me that has been abandoned for 5 years, except for the soi (condo) dogs that now live there. The website is still up and running with beautiful, scantily clad women swimming in the pool that is now a cesspool.

i bought several houses from Land and House off-plan never had any problems just property gain when they finished =)

i think your quote is suited for small developers..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Always sad to see stalled developments, and there are plenty on Phuket. I always wonder who lost? Other peoples money? The developers? Banks? I know this development well. As well stated, flashy advertising does not mean anything. In fact that should be the first warning sign. This bunch really talked/pumped themselves up. Luxury lifestyle, donating to the local community, blah blah blah. I was very dissapointed when it hit our neighborhood in 2007. Our special serene enclave on the south mountain overlooking the ocean and bays was inuadated with noise, traffic, congestion, immigrant workers, etc. Now I see it deserted and collecting dust 8 years later. It looks around 75% complete. Thank you developers. Som kna na (sp) to the developers as my Thai wife would say.

i bought several houses from Land and House off-plan never had any problems just property gain when they finished =)

i think your quote is suited for small developers..

Land and House have a good reputation in Thailand.

Obviously relying on sales to complete.

Do remember though, for every one project stalled there are plenty more completed. Be sure to choose wisely and lean toward a Thai developer. My clients have NEVER had a problem here buying pre-construction; after choosing wisely from a carefully selected list.

Does anyone know how Calypso Condominium is doing in Nai Harn? Did anyone put a deposit down?

Where is it supposed to be? I see a few close to the lake, but haven't seen that name.

Left side headed towards Nai Harn lake. Just before the stalled condo development ilife or whatever it's name is now.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any regulations to eventually force the demolition of these failed constructions.

They end up having squatters in them, and people using them as a public toilet and rubbish dump, which attracts dogs, cats, rats and insects.

They become a real eye sore, a haven for undesirables, and a threat to public health.

Does anyone know how Calypso Condominium is doing in Nai Harn? Did anyone put a deposit down?

Where is it supposed to be? I see a few close to the lake, but haven't seen that name.

Left side headed towards Nai Harn lake. Just before the stalled condo development ilife or whatever it's name is now.

I went to the "Grand Show House Opening night" a month or so ago.

I think the development is Russian backed - never seen so many Jason Statham lookalikes

post-35489-0-97335000-1429626333_thumb.j

- shaved head, stubble chin, muscles in places I don't have places.

The show house was in soi Trithong - fairly close to the junction of Sai Yuan and the road that goes south past Cheers bar to Rawai Or-Bor-Tor.

After I realised that the show house was nowhere near the location of the condo, I asked for a map of the location of the condo - they didn't have one. One Russian guy said "Oh, like Google Earth?". So I agreed. But it never materialised.

So they were expecting people to put down money for an apartment in a condo "down the road, 5 minutes walk from the beach and opposite the lake". No map, No idea of where it actually was. Crazy.

They have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Calypso-Condominium-Nai-Harn-Beach/776149032439086

For some reason, I keep thinking of 10-foor barge poles.

• Like 2

I went to the "Grand Show House Opening night" a month or so ago.

I think the development is Russian backed - never seen so many Jason Statham lookalikes

attachicon.gifjstatham80.jpg

- shaved head, stubble chin, muscles in places I don't have places.

The show house was in soi Trithong - fairly close to the junction of Sai Yuan and the road that goes south past Cheers bar to Rawai Or-Bor-Tor.

After I realised that the show house was nowhere near the location of the condo, I asked for a map of the location of the condo - they didn't have one. One Russian guy said "Oh, like Google Earth?". So I agreed. But it never materialised.

So they were expecting people to put down money for an apartment in a condo "down the road, 5 minutes walk from the beach and opposite the lake". No map, No idea of where it actually was. Crazy.

They have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Calypso-Condominium-Nai-Harn-Beach/776149032439086

For some reason, I keep thinking of 10-foor barge poles.

How was the spread at the grand opening? Caviar and Russian Standard, or friend rice and Archa?

How was the spread at the grand opening? Caviar and Russian Standard, or friend rice and Archa?

Actually it was pretty good! Good quality chicken, pork, finger food and other dishes, plus imported lager (Heineken), no Leo as I recall, and the usual Montclair red and white wine. But the cheese was really strong - like mature cheddar on steroids - almost inedible. I doubt any Thais ate it.

But, boy, did they make us wait for it! I was starving... biggrin.png

Overall, it was worth going just for the experience but I really needed to know where the location of the condo was and I found it strange and slightly worrying that they had no maps. dry.png

And then, the day after on their Facebook page, they posted this:

"Rise and shine! Early morning after the grand opening of the showroom the construction started - delivered as promised! Welcome to Calypso"

It was the "delivered as promised" that I felt was not needed, unless they were expecting to not meet their promises.

The 10-foot barge pole grew another couple of feet.

• Like 1